Pelicans Report

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Wow. You are really shortsighted on this issue.
    So if logo's, team colors, and team names are linked than why are the 1st 2 of the 3 change all the time?

Yes logo's can be connected to the team name but just because they can be linked don't mean they have to be. Somebody used the Lakers logo as an example. Which is simply the team name over a basketball. It could just as easily be the letters LA over the basketball in the same font and it wouldn't change anything.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    So if logo's, team colors, and team names are linked than why are the 1st 2 of the 3 change all the time?

Yes logo's can be connected to the team name but just because they can be linked don't mean they have to be. Somebody used the Lakers logo as an example. Which is simply the team name over a basketball. It could just as easily be the letters LA over the basketball in the same font and it wouldn't change anything.
    Maybe you glossed over it, maybe you missed it, but please read this post:

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...=1#post1009438
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jesus. Clowns are calling in talking about Vampires as a team name.
    That's awful.

potential

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Warriors
    Trail Blazers
    76ers
    Cavaliers
    Timberwolves

Most can be shortened but I don't really hear anyone saying these names are hard to say or that they're too long.
    I was actually thinking about this today. Though most people say Blazers, Cavs, and Wolves.

What is Pelicans? Pels?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Maybe you glossed over it, maybe you missed it, but please read this post:

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...=1#post1009438
    I addressed this.

The Pistons and Magic both have change there logo's. Every team could easily change there logo without having to change their team names. Which means the two aren't mutual exclusive.

What I often wonder is why does a team nickname need to be shortened at all? Are people too lazy to speak full words these days?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I was actually thinking about this today. Though most people say Blazers, Cavs, and Wolves.

What is Pelicans? Pels?
    'Cans?

A group of pelicans is called a Squadron.

Boom. There's your name. The Crescent City Squadron. Squad for short. Keep the Pelican as the logo.

Warriors
    Trail Blazers
    76ers
    Cavaliers
    Timberwolves

Most can be shortened but I don't really hear anyone saying these names are hard to say or that they're too long.
    Problem for me is Pels while easier to say still isn't catchy. I don't get why we are comparing ourselves to other teams. People want to shun the negative things about outsiders, yet point to other teams to justify a name not being that bad.

Problem for me is Pels while easier to say still isn't catchy. I don't get why we are comparing ourselves to other teams. People want to shun the negative things about outsiders, yet point to other teams to justify a name not being that bad.
    I'm not trying to 'justify' anything. I'm just pointing out that there are indeed other team names that have more than 3 syllables.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    'Cans?

A group of pelicans is called a Squadron.

Boom. There's your name. The Crescent City Squadron. Squad for short. Keep the Pelican as the logo.
    I would be cool with this. I said awhile back no matter what name we choose a pelican should be the mascot.

I'm not trying to 'justify' anything. I'm just pointing out that there are indeed other team names that have more than 3 syllables.
    He's grasping at straws just to alienate the rest of the posters. Really, there's nothing constructive from his posts.

New Orleans Bounce?

I was shocked that Tony and Mike on PTI were very reasonable they said they like the name and how it is the state bird. And plus Mike said everytime he said Hornets he thought of Charlotte and not New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    I was shocked that Tony and Mike on PTI were very reasonable they said they like the name and how it is the state bird. And plus Mike said everytime he said Hornets he thought of Charlotte and not New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    He's grasping at straws just to alienate the rest of the posters. Really, there's nothing constructive from his posts.

New Orleans Bounce?
    People are laughing at Pelicans. So whats the difference?

If I had to choose between Pelican and Bounce I'm choosing Bounce.

And if some had to choose between Bounce and Pelicans they're choosing Pelicans.

Some would choose poboys and some would choose lasagna. Life is full of choices.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I hate the name Pelicans, but if you can't get past it then just stop watching them. It's the dumbest thing to get upset about. I would rathered literally any other name, but I will get over it. Trailblazers suns heat lakers magic pacers thunder spurs are all "dumb" names. It's pointless to get upset about something that doesn't effect anything basketball related at all. Who gives a **** if people are laughing I was laughing at Thunder.

People are laughing at Pelicans. So whats the difference?

If I had to choose between Pelican and Bounce I'm choosing Bounce.
    Bounce was one of the worst in my opinion. Equally as bad as Nets.
    I'll take Pelicans over Nets, Magic, Bounce, Wizards, Heat, Thunder, cRaptors, Bobcats, T wolves, Knicks, Lakers everytime.
    Bounce is turrible. Not great as a genre of music and even worse as a team name. Just turrible

And honestly i am fine with being the laughing stock.

On the flip side if our football team re-branded to "The Saints" today...people would be saying the same things. THE SAINTS WTF!!!?!? What are they gonna do bless people? Pray that they win? Maybe they'll throw holy water into opponents eyes.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 12-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post

What is Pelicans? Pels?
    The former minor league team was commonly known as the Pels.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

Metaphorically speaking, it's 1:55 a.m., and people's heads are in the same state. Last night, it was, say, 11:30 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by RealHornets Fan View Post

potential
    That looks awesome! I would sport those jerseys!

People discussing our name change on espn. Saying it's horrible like i think. EMBARRASSING
    Ballin

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Chad Johson just said to name the team to the New Orleans Second Line.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    It took one day for me not to hate this name anymore.

Thread Information