Pelicans Report

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1392

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

The Brow becomes the youngest American basketball player to win a Gold Medal.

Good way for the brow to start his professional career.

Davis has more medals than griffin. My clipper hate demands I state this.

Quote Originally Posted by da_freshness View Post
    Davis has more medals than griffin. My clipper hate demands I state this.
    What I find impressive is that anyone can have any feelings towards the Clippers. They've been such neglectable franchise for all the time that it is usually hard to even remember they exist

Congrats teh Uni.. No doubt success will follow him wherever he goes.

Nice moment for TC and CPme too.

Also firmly believe Chris Pauls best years are way behind him.

Only does enough to get by with the occasional great play.

Looking forward to EJ growing into his prime with us.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Did ya'll see how those long arms grabbed that rebound? I had to rewind it 3 times to watch that. He probably could've had a few more like that had he gotten a little more PT.
    it was quite possibly the greatest rebound of all time

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    it was quite possibly the greatest rebound of all time

It was like he was telling Spain "Alright Spain, you've scored enough in this game. I won't let you have any more chances!"

MoneyMase Roger Mason Jr
    Big congrats to my brotha @cp3 and my new teammate @AntDavis23 for bringing home the gold!
    MikeGillie14 Mike Kidd-Gilchrist
    Congrats to my bro AD proud of u bro!! 1st player of the year, national champion, then a gold medal. What a year!! Love my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Great way to ruin the moment by rehashing old history that this franchise has apparently moved on from, no?

Do someone have a clip of that rebound? I watched every USA game but I didn't wake up in time for the gold medal game
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Chris Tomasson via Twitter:

@christomasson: Anthony Davis becomes the first player to win an NCAA title and gold medal in same year since Christian Laettner in 1992.

@christomasson: Anthony Davis first player to in same year win NCAA title, Final Four Most Outstanding Player award and gold medal since Patrick Ewing 1984
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

yea I've noticed that too, he drifts through large portions of the game, but he is very clutch and does look to take over in the fourth and when he needs to (obviously not with team usa but for the clips).

Lebron just seems to get better and better as a player and a leader tho, crazy to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    Great way to ruin the moment by rehashing old history that this franchise has apparently moved on from, no?
    dude chill out, it was a completely valid and relavent statement. you don't need to look for something to call someone out on, that is what will ruin the moment

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    dude chill out, it was a completely valid and relavent statement. you don't need to look for something to call someone out on, that is what will ruin the moment
    There's nothing valid or relevant about what he says when EVERY elite player picks and chooses their time to take over the game. That's what elite players do is it not? Possess the ability to take over a game whenever? There's NO WAY anyone who watched that tournament entirely can honestly sit up here and say Chris played badly enough to suggest that his play is declining, without sounding like a flat out hater?

it isn't about whether is statement is correct or not, it is just an opinion, and you are claiming he ruined the entire moment of the USA team winning gold and anthony davis making some history already just because he brought up chris paul, that's ridiculous, I don't comment much but there is no need to be an *** like that

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    it isn't about whether is statement is correct or not, it is just an opinion, and you are claiming he ruined the entire moment of the USA team winning gold and anthony davis making some history already just because he brought up chris paul, that's ridiculous, I don't comment much but there is no need to be an *** like that
    It was inappropriate, period.

But since I'm not on the, "I hate Chris Paul! ," bandwagon like some people on here I guess I must be out of place on this board for believing that the timing of that guy's comment was completely inappropriate?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

But since I'm not on the, "I hate Chris Paul! ," bandwagon like some people on here I guess I must be out of place on this board for believing that the timing of that guy's comment was completely inappropriate?
    I didn't really see anything inappropriate about the comment... Sounded like an opinion to me
    @DanielVeuleman

No it's your constant apprehensive nature towards people with opinions other than yours that's out of place. We're all on the same team. Calm down. No one is condoning the way you're talking to anyone here and that should be signal enough.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I cant beleive the 7th ranked best prospect just won a medal over drummond!!! the 1 ranked prospect!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    No it's your constant apprehensive nature towards people with opinions other than yours that's out of place. We're all on the same team. Calm down. No one is condoning the way you're talking to anyone here and that should be signal enough.
    1. Nate is wrong here, I don't see anything wrong with that guy's comment it was just an opinion.

2. From experience, when you want someone to calm down, never say the words "calm down". Only makes things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post

2. From experience, when you want someone to calm down, never say the words "calm down". Only makes things worse.
    You really need to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You really need to calm down.
    I guess this was supposed to be funny?

James Harden must have taken that pic.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Thread Information