Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

Not so much the topic, but the fact that it was another thread. Good Merge.

And the only reason that other one hasn't been merged is because they're talking about the #10 pick with it. It's still not out of the woods yet though.

The Artist    Contributor   
    Who could I absolutely trust to show my designs to, just so that I can get another unbiased opinion for perspective? Hmmmm....

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Who could I absolutely trust to show my designs to, just so that I can get another unbiased opinion for perspective? Hmmmm....
    This cat right here, lol.

After all, you let me modify your ArcAngels logo, plus you're redesigning my cathedral/horns logo, so I owe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    This cat right here, lol.

After all, you let me modify your ArcAngels logo, plus you're redesigning my cathedral/horns logo, so I owe you.
    How did I know that it was going to be you?

Hall of Famer
    It's destiny!

Seriously though, I'd love to.

The Franchise

Oh thats obviously me, have to trust a Kiwi
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    It's destiny!

Seriously though, I'd love to.
    Then you must take the oath, swear to secrecy and any other cool cliches that you might find in a movie!

Hall of Famer
    Then you must take the oath, swear to secrecy and any other cool cliches that you might find in a movie!
    No problem, I'm great at keeping secrets. It's a blessing and a curse.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    You trust me, bigdub.

I hate Pelicans.
    Wherehappens.

Dub,

I'm a professional. I've mentioned my work in soccer, so I'm your man. I'll give you the straight scoop. Plus I know how how to say its a bag of crap without hurting your feelings or your artistic integrity.

==
    Secondly.

DUKES is way, way better than Knights!!!

Other than Knights of Babylon, what do Knights have to do with NOLA?

DUKES!!

These guys approve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGnR2qpurI8

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Me, I'll give you an honest answer, and you can totally trust this teen!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I've really grown to like Krewe. The color scheme of purple, gold and a hint of green would look great. However I like Pelicans, Brass, Angels and a few other names. Voodoo and Spirit are the losers with one being just stupid and Spirit being too WNBAish.

The only 2 I like are Knights and VooDoo. Knights sounds awesome and VooDoo would probably have the better logo, colors, brand. The court would be awesome. I like the graveyard scheme. I hope we can get the VooDoo from the AFL. If not, we should go with Knights.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    The AFL is on the verge of folding -- they're currently having labor disputes.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    We need to scoop up the VooDoo brand then. I've always loved the logo, color scheme, and marketing ideas that come with the name.

I'm sure that's a possibility Benson is considering. The current owner of the 'Voodoo' (formerly Battlewings) would probably be more than willing to part with it in exchange for a big fat check. Especially since his franchise could end up being utterly worthless in a year's time.

People forget that it was only three years ago that the real AFL basically went bankrupt. The owners of the AFL2 teams (the AFL's minor league... as if it needed one?) bought up the assets/logos and the AFL you see today is just that repackaged.
    Last edited by Unknown Poster; 06-14-2012 at 07:36 PM.

I still like Royals. Classy, could go purple green and gold, and has a lot to do with New Orleans. But nobody seems to be getting on that train for whatever reason.

Because it makes me think of the baseball team.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    I still like Royals. Classy, could go purple green and gold, and has a lot to do with New Orleans. But nobody seems to be getting on that train for whatever reason.
    Probably because there was an old NBA franchise named the Cincinnati Royals, which later became the Sacremento Kings, if I'm not mistaken.

Me personally, I like Voodoo, Knights, and Blues, probably in that order.

EDIT: Totally forgot about Kansas City.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    The only 2 I like are Knights and VooDoo. Knights sounds awesome and VooDoo would probably have the better logo, colors, brand. The court would be awesome. I like the graveyard scheme. I hope we can get the VooDoo from the AFL. If not, we should go with Knights.
    I wouldn't be against the Knights so much if the name and meaning held just a bit more relevance to our city. I've heard all the arguments to justify the name but it's just not enough to swing the vote from me. If it did come down to that being the name though, I wouldn't shun it. I'm like many who would support the team just because it's ours!

I think it would suck to lose the VooDoo in that fashion because I like the team and however much them being here financially contributes to our local economy. But if it were truly out of their hands because of league problems and we could get the name back then I'm all for it. I think it would be an option along the lines if Jazz was sitting out there and we didn't take it leaving people scratching their heads!

If they AFL were to resurrect themselves yet again, then I'd like to see a team, if we would have another here, updated into a re-imaging of the Breakers. I think we can lay a percentage claim even though the brand neither originated, or folded here. The only opposition I could see would be from cities that hosted the team that might want to buy in if they didn't have a team already! Just a thought!

Oh yeah....

ryan2709 / Xist2inspire / Purple Haze / Panic Hoops / Trell....must fight in a Royal Rumble....winner get's to see everything!

Well there's nothing saying they both can't be named Voodoo so long as the logos/brands don't infringe on one another - so Benson will just have to go with your design~

there are two Giants. There are two Rangers. There are two Kings, two Panthers, two Cardinals, two Jets. There used to be two Oilers, and now the new team in Houston (Texans) took the name from the hated Cowboys (old dallas texans). I don't see what the big deal is, especially when the alternatives are Krewe, Voodoo, Bounce, etc. What are we, a WNBA team???????? Hell, we're trying to use an old ECHL team name (Brass) or AFL team name (Voodoo) but we can't look at Royals???

Royals - Crescents - Blues (which is an NHL team) - Pelicans (used to be a baseball team) -Pilots (Used to be the Milwaukee Brewers, aka the Seattle Pilots)

Knights (even though it sounds good, I still don't know what the hell a Knight has to do with New Orleans :?)

I wouldn't be against the Knights so much if the name and meaning held just a bit more relevance to our city. I've heard all the arguments to justify the name but it's just not enough to swing the vote from me. If it did come down to that being the name though, I wouldn't shun it. I'm like many who would support the team just because it's ours!

I think it would suck to lose the VooDoo in that fashion because I like the team and however much them being here financially contributes to our local economy. But if it were truly out of their hands because of league problems and we could get the name back then I'm all for it. I think it would be an option along the lines if Jazz was sitting out there and we didn't take it leaving people scratching their heads!

If they AFL were to resurrect themselves yet again, then I'd like to see a team, if we would have another here, updated into a re-imaging of the Breakers. I think we can lay a percentage claim even though the brand neither originated, or folded here. The only opposition I could see would be from cities that hosted the team that might want to buy in if they didn't have a team already! Just a thought!

Oh yeah....

ryan2709 / Xist2inspire / Purple Haze / Panic Hoops / Trell....must fight in a Royal Rumble....winner get's to see everything!
    Look man, I just want to see the logos and uniforms stuff. I don't want to see "everything", I really don't want to know you that way.

Thread Information