Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade for Eric Bledsoe

Trade for Eric Bledsoe

I think the biggest mistake of the Chris Paul trade was the Hornets reluctance on their stance to get Eric Bledsoe. So far he's beena beas for the Clippers and he's going to always get limited with Paul in front of him. What should the Hornets trade?? Of course IMO Davis, Anderson, and Rivers are untouchable. Many are going to argue with me about Rivers, but its his first year and the kid is way too young. His shot looks like its developing, which is great news. i still think their is potential for this kid to be a very good player, if not a dangerous player in the league.

I don't think the Clippers would trade Vasquez for Bledsoe... Vasquez and Roger Mason for Bledsoe?? I think the Clippers will ask a lot and I'm not sure if giving up our first pick next year would be worth it. But Bledsoe would be great for this team cause of his efficiency.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Trade for Eric Bledsoe

Why can't u post this in the other 15 threads where there's Bledsoe trade ideas. There seriously needs to be a trade idea sticky

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The Clippers didn't want to include Bledsoe. We tried, but it probably would've required us to give up our 10th pick. And considering you say Rivers is untouchable, would you rather have one for the other right now?

Trade for Eric Bledsoe

Ooo. This actually sparks a new argument. Would u have rather the 10th pick(rivers) or Bledsoe in the original trade?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Ooo. This actually sparks a new argument. Would u have rather the 10th pick(rivers) or Bledsoe in the original trade?
    Rivers.

Trade for Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Rivers.
    I agree

Id rather have Bledsoe than Rivers, but if we had gotten Bledsoe last year he might have helped us win games and we wouldnt have gotten Anthony Davis.

It was between Gordon and the Minny pick (projected to be top-3), and it was between Aminu and Bledsoe. We ended up getting BOTH Gordon and the Minny pick, but we only got Aminu, which was the right choice at the time. Too much potential, but he just couldn't deliver.

Bledsoe has developed tremendously behind CP. so if we would have gotten him it would of been a much less refined Bledsoe. Not to say his successes are due to cp only that he has picked up a thing or two because of him.

Are y'all serious? I would rather have Bledsoe over rivers
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
    I don't think the Clippers would trade Vasquez for Bledsoe... Vasquez and Roger Mason for Bledsoe??
    Yep, Mason would put that trade over the hump. The question is, do the Hornets do it? Mason is a pretty critical cog in our rebuilding efforts. Clearly he is an elite trade sweetener as well. Is this the right deal? Maybe the Heat would say no to Aminu for LeBron, but yes to Aminu+Mason to LeBron? I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Banned

Trade for Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Yep, Mason would put that trade over the hump. The question is, do the Hornets do it? Mason is a pretty critical cog in our rebuilding efforts. Clearly he is an elite trade sweetener as well. Is this the right deal? Maybe the Heat would say no to Aminu for LeBron, but yes to Aminu+Mason to LeBron? I would do that deal in a heartbeat.
    Haha!

Trade for Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    It was between Gordon and the Minny pick (projected to be top-3), and it was between Aminu and Bledsoe. We ended up getting BOTH Gordon and the Minny pick, but we only got Aminu, which was the right choice at the time. Too much potential, but he just couldn't deliver.
    I could've sworn that minny pick was unprotected.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    lololol

Yea sorry, when I made this thread I didn't know there was another Bledsoe thread.

I would rather have Rivers, I just feel like we might have another James Harden type player is he develops a shot, which seems like he's getting more confident with. Of course, right now Bledsoe is developing nicely and is a better player at this moment. Plus, this arguement would have to involve Eric Gordon, because if Gordon was healthy and willing to play here, of course I would do that trade in a second. But we aren't so sure what we have with Eric Gordon.

LOL. I get it. Mason is garbage. I guess the Clippers might want Lopez? We really don't have many good trade pieces. I think we would have to give up Jason Smith. The Clippers need some bluk behind Griffin. Smith is a great hustle player that would help them. Vasquez and Jason Smith for Beldsoe.

I would pay Bledsoe what he wants to play next to Rivers. Best thing for him was getting a year behind Cp3 like Collison. If we get him in trade he is not the same Bledsoe he is now after going against arguably one of the best pgs in the NBA every single rep. I like a Bledsoe/Rivers more than a Rivers/Gordon combo.

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
    LOL. I get it. Mason is garbage. I guess the Clippers might want Lopez? We really don't have many good trade pieces. I think we would have to give up Jason Smith. The Clippers need some bluk behind Griffin. Smith is a great hustle player that would help them. Vasquez and Jason Smith for Beldsoe.
    Just giving you a hard time.

Vasquez+Lopez is an interesting package. I think that was brought up on the Hornets 247 trade podcast. Still not sure if it would be enough, but perhaps. I would do that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I could've sworn that minny pick was unprotected.
    It was. I said the pick was projected** to be a top-3 pick (not protected).

I don't think it was ever between Aminu and Bledsoe. The Clippers did not want to include Bledsoe at all. There was a rumor that it had to be Gordon or Bledsoe but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I don't think it was ever between Aminu and Bledsoe. The Clippers did not want to include Bledsoe at all. There was a rumor that it had to be Gordon or Bledsoe but not both.
    I'm just saying that, from what I remember, it was either Gordon or the Minny pick. Gordon was a MUCH better player than Bledsoe at the time, and Bledsoe was injured. I'm more than sure it was between Bledsoe and Aminu, which makes a lot more sense in terms of the types of players they are (raw athleticism meets potential). Could be wrong....

I'm just saying that, from what I remember, it was either Gordon or the Minny pick. Gordon was a MUCH better player than Bledsoe at the time, and Bledsoe was injured. I'm more than sure it was between Bledsoe and Aminu, which makes a lot more sense in terms of the types of players they are (raw athleticism meets potential). Could be wrong....
    That sounds about right to me. Bledsoe is not the same player w/o a year behind Cp3. Aminu looks like he can improve, but Bledsoe now shows he has way more ability and potential to be great. At the time it is a toss up. Like you said Bledsoe was also injured and we were in need of a SF to replace Ariza. Who Aminus career is looking like the more and more he plays. Just no ring.

I'd give them Vazquez & Smith + 2014 First Rounder

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    I'd give them Vazquez & Smith + 2014 First Rounder
    No way I do that. If we give them Smith which I maybe do for Bledsoe and 1st rounder we better give them Lopez and get Deandre Jordan also.

Whys everyone so high on bledsoe, his a good player but no way can he run a team.

Thread Information