Pelicans Report

Thread: Austin Rivers 27 Point Night Highlights

Austin Rivers 27 Point Night Highlights

Hey guys, I thought some of you who couldn't catch the game would like to see Austin's highlights. Video doesn't include free-throws or the two assists.

I like basketball

Twitter: @jsgrayson

Thanks! I was waiting to see if someone would post his highlights from the last game..

Includes free throws and 2 assists
    Ballin

hopefully he will have many more nights like this in the future

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Austin is going to be a beast with a few years under his belt and when he gets a little stronger. I'm enjoying his confidence and his court swag. Yes I said it...swag. Lol

cant wait to see him grow up and put on some muscle mass, lebron and dwight were skinny, really think he can be a top 10 scorer in 3 years

He's definitely been playing much better the last 5 games. Shooting 49% (tells you just how bad he was over the first 16 games when he's at 35% for the season) and averaging 14 points over that span with double figures in 4 of the 5.

The one thing I wasn't worried about with him when he was drafted was his character. I didn't think money would make him a lazy player. He's definitely come in and put in a lot of work so far. I can't wait to see what type of player he is in a few years.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Nice, thanks Great to see him have an "ON" night finally.
    Wherehappens.

And to think, he scored 19 of that in the 1st half. If he had stayed aggressive in the 2nd half, he would have easily cleared 30.

Still a slight fade on every one of those jumpers, but not nearly as severe as before and he only kicked the leg out on the pull up in Ridnoir's face. Other than that, his body is much more sqaure and balanced. The elbow isn't out on his free throws either.

The guy will work endlessly until he gets it right. Cant wait to see what he adds to his game this summer
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Still a slight fade on every one of those jumpers, but not nearly as severe as before and he only kicked the leg out on the pull up in Ridnoir's face. Other than that, his body is much more sqaure and balanced. The elbow isn't out on his free throws either.

The guy will work endlessly until he gets it right. Cant wait to see what he adds to his game this summer
    That's the interesting part. Guys rarely change their shooting form during the season. That type of stuff is saved for the off season, but Rivers has been doing it on the go, and it's pretty amazing IMO. Only 20 or so games into the season, and he has already made major improvements on his form. Color me astounded.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    That's the interesting part. Guys rarely change their shooting form during the season. That type of stuff is saved for the off season, but Rivers has been doing it on the go, and it's pretty amazing IMO. Only 20 or so games into the season, and he has already made major improvements on his form. Color me astounded.
    Maybe that's why he dosent know how to shop, he's stuck in the gym working on his game 247 lol but really it is really impressive to see a work ethic like his. He reminds me of Kobe in many ways.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Maybe that's why he dosent know how to shop, he's stuck in the gym working on his game 247 lol but really it is really impressive to see a work ethic like his. He reminds me of Kobe in many ways.
    Haha, I was talking to my mom about that this morning. She couldn't believe the first thing he put in his cart was ice cream! Then the dude couldn't even find sliced ham. Lol.

But yeah, his work ethic is second to none. Did you read that article where Doc had to cancel a 2 week family vacation to the Caribbeans (or somewhere like that) because there wasn't a gym where Austin could put up shots? I mean... That's ridiculous.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Haha, I was talking to my mom about that this morning. She couldn't believe the first thing he put in his cart was ice cream! Then the dude couldn't even find sliced ham. Lol.

But yeah, his work ethic is second to none. Did you read that article where Doc had to cancel a 2 week family vacation to the Caribbeans (or somewhere like that) because there wasn't a gym where Austin could put up shots? I mean... That's ridiculous.
    Lol Yeah I heard about that and all I'm going to say I'm happy he is on our team lol That's true dedication.

LMAO at how loud the crowd is for the 100 points clutch three from AR. People love themselves some free stuff

If Rivers shot was falling early like it should have we would be saying what a great season hes having. He would do the hard part but blow the easy layup almost every time. And To think people questioned his ego and called him selfish; if anything hes been our most selfless point guard. His confidence and work ethic will not allow him to fail, but i believe transitioning to point guard will allow him to be great. He and EJ.... I cant wait.

Thread Information