Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs. Magic Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Playing 10 of the possible 17 minutes isn't "buried on bench" If Gordon plays out the next 7 minutes, that 17 in a half. Which is normal for starters.... C'mon man.
    see any successful team's star player rotations and then check out the Pels
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Monty refuses to play tyreke and Gordon at the 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    It's not about his total min allocated. It's about when he gets those min.
    I'm confused. He got the first 10 minutes of the first and the last 7 minutes of half. What would you suggest?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Rivers!

I'm confused. He got the first 10 minutes of the first and the last 7 minutes of half. What would you suggest?
    I added to my post. U must of quoted before I got it in.

Rivers has learned to change/control his speed really well.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

It's not about his total min allocated. It's about when he gets those min. I'm not agreeing with him but stating that's his point.
    When a player has it going, you don't sit them for the sake of sitting them. Monty ices Gordon every game.

Horrible pass by EJ there. Lucky Davis finished that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hell done froze over. Gordon passed on a fast break...

Aminu picking pockets

Lmao I was looking at the fast break like Aminu should pass anytime now

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hell done froze over. Gordon passed on a fast break...
    Passed it way too early too.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Aminu was trying to dunk that.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    When a player has it going, you don't sit them for the sake of sitting them. Monty ices Gordon every game.
    He does it often. If a guy gets hot and starts going off. If it's time (according to Monty's premeditated rotations) for him to come out. He comes out anyways. I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Same here. If he gives it up to Rivers, that break ends in an alley to AD.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    This ^^

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    You ever take a moment to think maybe Gordon likes his rest. He has stayed healthy this year with a consistent rotation. Just saying.

I'd like to hear your suggestion. Play Gordon all 24 minutes of the first half?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    In a weird way I prefer to watch this Pelicans team than at full-strength. With that team it completely overwhelms Monty and he really gets confused.

Ad is beasting..
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Keep the lead to at least 12 going into the half.

Davis need to learn to counter people jumping his route. Just take a moment to stop pivot and spin the opposite way. Or Stop pivot and pump fake. He is so impatient in the post.

You ever take a moment to think maybe Gordon likes his rest. He has stayed healthy this year with a consistent rotation. Just saying.

No but if a player is in a groove and is hot. Then wait a little longer to take him out. It's pre determined when he will come out. Regardless of his play. Shouldn't be that way.

A. No NBA player wants to come out of the game.

B. I suggest that if a player is scorching the other team, you ride the hot hand instead of sticking to your substitution regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    In a weird way I prefer to watch this Pelicans team than at full-strength. With that team it completely overwhelms Monty and he really gets confused.
    Totally agree.

No but if a player is in a groove and is hot. Then wait a little longer to take him out. It's pre determined when he will come out. Regardless of his play. Shouldn't be that way.
    Again... there may be other factors at play... This is a year where Gordon has been healthy. You never know if this isn't at the recommendation of the doctors and Gordon himself. Just sayin.

I thought the post was an overreaction. Gordon has always started hot all year and after half time he sucks. It's not Monty's fault that Gordon doesn't make shots and turns the ball over.

Thread Information