Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: GAMEDAY THREAD: Rougarou (5-20) vs Spurs (19-8) 12-21-12

GAMEDAY THREAD: Rougarou (5-20) vs Spurs (19-8) 12-21-12

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Don't you mean 25 game losing streak? Only 15 to go!!
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Incorrect, sir.
    Which part?

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    The 'Tankers' love these type of games.

Yes, yes we do.

In all fairness though, thought X was alright tonight, grabbed some tough boards, hit his foul shots and played hard on defense. Yes Ginobili got tricky on him twice with steals but thats Ginobili. Also he was on the floor during the comeback, really over seeing Dominic Mcguire stealing minutes from X, Miller and Austin

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Which part?
    That he shouldn't get the ball. You don't go away from him just because he's missed a few shots. Just once I wish Rivers would become this chucker people accused him of being.

That he shouldn't get the ball. You don't go away from him just because he's missed a few shots. Just once I wish Rivers would become this chucker people accused him of being.
    Yeah, I agree. We are stinking up the joint this year, lets at least get some benefit. Try develop Rivers, Davis, Henry, Miller. if it doesn't work out who cares at least we are trying to improve our future. Same way losing games gets us close to Shabazz, Cody or Marcus Smart

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Don't you mean 25 game losing streak? Only 15 to go!!
    Rougarou only 0-1 son. Rou!

This
    He plays so much better when he is aggressive. And I got sick of how many times Vasquez missed AD for a lob. AD would avg 25 a game if we had a pg that could run a pick and roll

This
    He plays so much better when he is aggressive. And I got sick of how many times Vasquez missed AD for a lob. AD would avg 25 a game if we had a pg that could run a pick and roll

Stephen Howell is a cyborg with speech glitches. No real human's jaws can be that square.

I wish we can fast forward to the Lottery, so we can see where we pick, this offseason should be fun.

And honestly, I like what I see from the Hornets so far... I didnt expect us to be a playoff team or anything yet, we lost a lot of good NBA players that were good at winning now
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by carpo_07 View Post
    Yes, yes we do.

In all fairness though, thought X was alright tonight, grabbed some tough boards, hit his foul shots and played hard on defense. Yes Ginobili got tricky on him twice with steals but thats Ginobili. Also he was on the floor during the comeback, really over seeing Dominic Mcguire stealing minutes from X, Miller and Austin

Great game tonight - I missed the ending but was encouraged to see the perfect result yet again - close, hard fought loss on the road v's a quality opponent.

We're now solidly in 3rd place for most lottery ping pong balls. No real Hornets fan could be upset about this loss. I challenge you to question whether or not you're looking out for your own selfish needs, or for the best long-term interests of this franchise. There is no reason for true "fans" to root for meaningless wins at this point, and I think that those of you who pretend to be "anti-tank" need to rethink whether or not your'e in this for your own selfish interests, or whether you're in this for the long haul and for the best interests of the NBA in New Orleans.

/rant
    Last edited by WisconsinHornet; 12-22-2012 at 12:58 AM.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post

We're now solidly in 3rd place for most lottery ping pong balls. No real Hornets fan could be upset about this loss. I challenge you to question whether or not you're looking out for your own selfish needs, or for the best long-term interests of this franchise. There is no reason for true "fans" to root for meaningless wins at this point, and I think that those of you who pretend to be "anti-tank" need to rethink whether or not your'e in this for your own selfish interests, or whether you're in this for the long haul and for the best interests of the NBA in New Orleans.

/rant
    "Real" fans dont cheer for their favorite team to lose {Mod edit}. Do you think any of the players, coaches, executives and others who put 110% into this franchises' success 24/7 are going home happy about this loss? Take your defeatist attitude and shove it, honestly.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

I really get a bit tired of the real fans stuff. I mean i can understand hating to see the team lose and all that and i respect everyones beliefs in getting this team good. I don't think it makes me a better or worse fan if i want this team to lose some games because it would help the future if we were able to land some good picks and i don't see how you can classify that as being a "bad fan". People who go the games, and coaches and teams all know this we are young and going to lose because we aren't experienced. I imagine even if i did go to the games i wouldn't feel so different because the bottom line is we all want the same thing, to be good one day. So i wish you guys would stop calling each other on this stuff because what good does it do anyway? We can all choose to be a fan in our own ways.
    Last edited by Pelicans23; 12-22-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Great game tonight - I missed the ending but was encouraged to see the perfect result yet again - close, hard fought loss on the road v's a quality opponent.

/rant
    No need to question anyone's fanhood. I've already said if you want to root for losses go right ahead but don't expect everyone to agree with you.

So rooting for your team to lose make you a real fan? Huh? Who's to say a top lottery pick will help the team land a great player? I always say this but the Clipps spent years in the lottery and they still sucked. I guess I'm just old school but I'd rather see the team win.

Did Aminu play any last night?

GAMEDAY THREAD: Rougarou (5-20) vs Spurs (19-8) 12-21-12

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Did Aminu play any last night?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356186867.073166.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	4549

Nope

this team can't win with Vazquez. show me all the stats you want, I've seen enough game footage to know.

He refuses to make the simple passes or just swing around the perimeter. He dribbles the air out of the ball and takes 2-3 picks to look for a roll to Lopez or a last second dish to a 3 point shooter to take a rushed shot. I see this far too much. He misses AD wide open far too often and he can't push the ball or move quick enough to beat his man. He needs to go. I'd feel very comfortable with Rivers at the 1 when Gordon comes back because he'd most likely play off the ball but I even think Roberts executes the offense better although he's also guilty of killing too much clock dribbling in place, but his mid range game and basketball IQ is much better than GV's

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    this team can't win with Vazquez. show me all the stats you want, I've seen enough game footage to know.

He refuses to make the simple passes or just swing around the perimeter. He dribbles the air out of the ball and takes 2-3 picks to look for a roll to Lopez or a last second dish to a 3 point shooter to take a rushed shot. I see this far too much. He misses AD wide open far too often and he can't push the ball or move quick enough to beat his man. He needs to go. I'd feel very comfortable with Rivers at the 1 when Gordon comes back because he'd most likely play off the ball but I even think Roberts executes the offense better although he's also guilty of killing too much clock dribbling in place, but his mid range game and basketball IQ is much better than GV's
    Even though I normally like vasquez, I have to say that you are right! Vasquez is simply NOT a starting point guard!

We need FA's buddy. Tanking our balls off is not going to help us that much. Acting like your a true fan bc you want the team to lose is absurd. Im not sure id like to end up 14th seed, but i would like to see our team win some games (especially against the spurs). If we arent improving we are just the next Sacramento.

Thread Information