Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boogie & Casspi Press Conference

Boogie & Casspi Press Conference

Link to the press conference: http://www.nba.com/pelicans/pelicans-live-stream

Scheduled to start at 10:30am est.

Last edited by PelsFan2313; 02-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I'm not a huge jersey person, but I really want a Boogie one.

Wow Boogie straight ghosted Valde
    Jrue dat

Glad Jrue is getting a shoutout

Makes it sound like Hill and Moore are the only other guys he sees a definite on the roster come Saturday

Can anyone recap for those of us at work?

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post
    Basically talking about the big 3 of AD, Boogie, and Jrue, and how it will be a process but they compliment each other well.
    A lot of questions early about SAC, and Boogie looks happy to have gotten those out of the way

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post
    Reading through the lines, body language, statements...I think he's excited at the thought of winning. If we win, no doubt in my mind we will resign him after next season. Says he's excited about the opportunity.

This has been a really awesome press conference, cousins is a pretty funny guy i find it hard to believe they say this guy is a bad teammate after seeing this press conference.

Asked him how competitive he is, he responds "About 17 technicals worth." Then Gentry said they've already talked about it and let him take those techs because coaches won't get suspended. Funny moment

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Cousins just gave you their NICKNAME ! A lil FIRE, a lil ICE ! Fire & Ice !

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Cousins said that he randomly cross paths with Dell in the street the day before the trade happened. That along with Sac playing the Pelicans a few days before and then being in NOLA for the all star game, Cousins says he now sees the universe was sending him all the signs that he would be a Pelican. This move really has the feel of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Asked him how competitive he is, he responds "About 17 technicals worth." Then Gentry said they've already talked about it and let him take those techs because coaches won't get suspended. Funny moment
    yea that was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I lost it he is hilarious. Hope he tones that down a little though.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Showing how to develop a good relationship to say that "We accept you. Let us take the hits instead. Do your thing, Boogieman."

Basketball Guru
    im glad boogie said that AD told him that he really want him to come to new orleans......i like the part where he said that him and AD attitude is like, you have some fire with some ice now lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    This has been a really awesome press conference, cousins is a pretty funny guy i find it hard to believe they say this guy is a bad teammate after seeing this press conference.
    Maybe I missed it but I've never seen anybody call hi a bad teammate. Again... maybe I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Maybe I missed it but I've never seen anybody call hi a bad teammate. Again... maybe I missed it.
    According to Zach Lowe he ruined Nik Stauskas but after seeing this press conference i just don't think i believe that anymore.

Im sure he wears on people because he's very emotional, but Jrue and AD are two of the calmest and coolest players I've ever seen, almost to a fault at times (just take a look at Jrue's FTAs). Seems like it should be a nice pairing

Reading in to it... He's pretty torn up about leaving Sac. But he's willing to give us a chance. Boogie just wants to win and if we do win I think he'll be happy here. Seems like him and Davis have a pretty good relationship. Nice to know that him and Davis have already been texting each other. I'm hoping the 2 of them see the commitment NO has made to winning, bringing in a potential rental and put faith in to him and realize that this is a place they should want to be longterm.

A lot of other teams out there weren't willing to give Boogie a chance so I hope he remembers how much faith we put in to him when he has that max extension on his desk this summer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Shaq said he was cursing teammates out too much in the locker room instead of leading by example. I think that will not be as much of a concern in NOLA with Demarcus being older and for the first time paired with other great players like AD and Jrue.

Another great part that stuck out to me was the fact that he mentioned A.D was trying to recruit him to New Orleans before he got traded here. I liked hearing that because we all remember how CP3 wouldn't do that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Another great part that stuck out to me was the fact that he mentioned A.D was trying to recruit him to New Orleans before he got traded here. I liked hearing that because we all remember how CP3 wouldn't do that.
    Let's hope AD was doing the same with Gordon Hayward.

yea the fact AD was trying to get another player to come here is really the best thing that came out of this press conference.

Thread Information