Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    S
    How do you stretch a 4 yr contract.? I think it would be minimal relief, if any.

Bayless as a cheaper backup pg anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    Bayless as a cheaper backup pg anyone?
    Skip Bayless ?

If Noah is going to get a max offer Parsons and Batum are definitely going to get a max offer. I would target Batum first but if he didn't pan out I'd offer Parsons too.

Is it an overpay? Maybe by a couple million but I think both of those guys take our team to the next level. Both bring winning and payoff experience, both can swing the ball around and hit a shot.

Jrue/Frazier/Douglas or Some SL guy
    Buddy/QPon/Some SL guy
    Batum or Parsons/Cunningham/Ennis
    AD/Diallo/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Perkins

Multiple players can switch and play other positions. That starting lineup is really solid offensively and has potential defensively. I see them as competing for a 2nd round playoff next season and depending on development and other picks maybe even better in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If Noah is going to get a max offer Parsons and Batum are definitely going to get a max offer. I would target Batum first but if he didn't pan out I'd offer Parsons too.

Is it an overpay? Maybe by a couple million but I think both of those guys take our team to the next level. Both bring winning and payoff experience, both can swing the ball around and hit a shot.

Jrue/Frazier/Douglas or Some SL guy
    Buddy/QPon/Some SL guy
    Batum or Parsons/Cunningham/Ennis
    AD/Diallo/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Perkins

Multiple players can switch and play other positions. That starting lineup is really solid offensively and has potential defensively. I see them as competing for a 2nd round playoff next season and depending on development and other picks maybe even better in a couple years.
    Where did Evans go?

Parsons is a risk (see here) but I think every small forward prospect presents some risk.

Free Agent Options

Nicolas Batum: Probably the lowest risk. Also, the highest cost as he's a 7-9 vet at 30%.
    Chandler Parsons: Knees and age. But, if he stays healthy, a great fit.
    Harrison Barnes: Not actually good at basketball. Best as a 4th or 5th option. For the max?
    Kent Bazemore: Lower price and lower risk. But, with that the risk that he's not terribly good. Probably still the best "value" for a small forward. Yes, despite his height. Check his rebounding numbers.
    Evan Turner: So, a small forward version of Tyreke Evans that plays better defense and still can't shoot?

Do nothing options

Quincy Pondexter: Was still a below average SF even with his career shooting. Bad knees. Poor rebounder and not a shot creator.
    Luke Babbitt: Defense. Not a shot creator. Slow as molasses release means teams sag off him more.
    Dante Cunningham: Shooting threat must improve. Poor rebounder.
    James Ennis: Was available at age 26 for nothing. Typically a reason for that. (Player isn't very good.) Might not actually play defense. Shooting sample size.

Pelicans can take a risk and get a guy that should be at least league average. Or they can do nothing and probably end up with a guy who does half (at best) of what they need at the position.
    Last edited by David Fisher; 06-25-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Not actually good at basketball... Lol ok.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I think we go hard at Bazemore.

This regime is full of masochist of we sign Chandler Parsons to max (or nea max) deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think we go hard at Bazemore.

This regime is full of masochist of we sign Chandler Parsons to max (or nea max) deal.
    We may be able to afford Bazemore & Marvin. Whatcha think?

Quote Originally Posted by 704Pelicanfan View Post
    Where did Evans go?
    Away.

The Franchise
    Now that the draft has passed let's start making moves. Trade Reke, Ajinca, and next years 1st for Okafor and Luwawu. Then we can sell Batum to come play with another Frenchman. Everything else can be fringe moves to fill the roster

Jrue, Frazier
    Qpon, Buddy
    Batum or Parsons, Luwawu
    Davis, Ryno, Dialo
    Asik, Okafor

By trading Treke we should have about 18 million in cap space with cap hold for Ryno, Not sure how trade exception works but 18 mill plus Treke exception of 10 million should get us close or move Cunningham and Babbit to clear close to 4.5 million so that would get is to 22.5. Have to start with a trade with 76ers. This would be my dream FA moves and Asik could be moved now or at the trade deadline for more assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    We may be able to afford Bazemore & Marvin. Whatcha think?
    I think this would be an A+ offseason, so long as we're not overpaying for either.

Marvin is a good fit at small ball 4. Bazemore is a good fit on wing.

Away.
    This team needs a healthy Tyreke coming off the bench. I don't see how anything we get for him would be better than actually having him healthy on the team next year. If we're not in contention at the deadline, move him then.

This team needs a healthy Tyreke coming off the bench. I don't see how anything we get for him would be better than actually having him healthy on the team next year. If we're not in contention at the deadline, move him then.
    Tyreke does not want to come off the bench. And what he gives us now is cap room. Something we can't use halfway through the season.

- Tyreke

+ Starting SF is better for our team.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I don't think we overpay for anyone.
    Ferry was brought in for this reason. (help find talent for nothing)
    Bazemore is the target. He seems like he may slip under the radar with Barnes, Batum & Parsons all getting the attention.
    If we run to him 1st and tell him he's priority, I think we get him for a decent price.

Someone mentioned Bayless as a backup PG for cheap.
    I don't think it gets any cheaper than Frazier at backup PG.
    Also, pretty sure Tyreke will back up the point, assuming we don't move him this summer.

I think this would be an A+ offseason, so long as we're not overpaying for either.

Marvin is a good fit at small ball 4. Bazemore is a good fit on wing.
    What do you think Marvin is $$$??? Maybe 10-12. This new cap garbage has me 2nd guessing any figure!

Tyreke does not want to come off the bench. And what he gives us now is cap room. Something we can't use halfway through the season.

- Tyreke

If we can pull in a FA sure but I don't think we will get that caliber. Tyreke doesn't have a say where he plays so why does it matter. Its his contract year I doubt he won't play.

1-6

- Tyreke

Ugh, yes that .

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    If we can pull in a FA sure but I don't think we will get that caliber. Tyreke doesn't have a say where he plays so why does it matter. Its his contract year I doubt he won't play.
    Sure we can get someone that caliber. If his 10 million is added on to 6-8 million we may still have. We can get a nice piece for 16-18 mill. Hey, maybe Ryno! Lol

NBA Free Agency and Trade Rumors

Sure Tyreke does.

Even worse than trading him is not trading and telling him he's coming off the bench then he gets upset and screws up the locker room with his attitude.

Besides. We will be able to improve our team with his added cap space.

Sure Tyreke does.

Even worse than trading him is not trading and telling him he's coming off the bench then he gets upset and screws up the locker room with his attitude.

Besides. We will be able to improve our team with his added cap space.
    Man Gordon had the {edited - language} of attitudes and look how much he switched that up when his pay day was nearing. We can also create that cap by trading Dante and Alexis so that's not the only option. All these are assumptions at this point so we can't say what a guy will or won't do. But looking at talent value trading away thosb2 guys for an extra 8-10 mil in space is well worth it.

Man Gordon had the {edited - language} of attitudes and look how much he switched that up when his pay day was nearing. We can also create that cap by trading Dante and Alexis so that's not the only option. All these are assumptions at this point so we can't say what a guy will or won't do. But looking at talent value trading away thosb2 guys for an extra 8-10 mil in space is well worth it.
    Gordon was locked into a max contract. Evans has 1 year left. And I don't want to trade good cheap contracts that gives our team depth when we can just trade Evans and get more than enough space.

We know exactly what Evans is willing to do because we fought this battle when Monty was here.

I don't understand why anybody would want to pay Bazemore that much $ when he isn't a good fit at SF. Any good team we will have to go through Bazemore is a complete mismatch at SF. Sure he can play SF but it is definitely not ideal and someone like Ennis has every bit as much talent to be as good if not better. If Bazemore was coming here to play SG I would love to bring him in but absolutely not as our main option at SF. It won't happen so nothing I need to worry about.

I don't understand why a Harrison Barnes fan is hating on Kent Bazemore.

Bazemore
    DReb%: 18.0%
    Ast: 12.7%
    Stl: 2.3%
    Blk: 1.4%

Barnes
    DReb%: 12.4%
    Ast: 7.8%
    Stl: 1.0%
    Blk: 0.4%

Pelicans should chase the lesser rebounding, less passing, less impactful defender (who will cost more) because? 6'8" looks better in the program?

When was I hating on Bazemore? He is not a SF plain and simple. If you think he is a better option at SF then I don't take what you say about Barnes to seriously. Oh but he has a good rebounding % lol. Go put Bazemore or Barnes on Lebron, Durant, Melo, PG13, and any other stud SF then tell me who is the better option. Oh and how old is Bazemore? What was he doing when he was Barnes age? I'll wait..... You can find a star to support just about any player over another and those you posted mean very little. He scored 11 ppg shooting 35% from 3 with a career 68% FT but somehow your gonna support him as a better option at SF? Lol ok. How many 6'5 200 lb SFs are in the NBA? Going on 28 years old and just scored double digits for the 2nd time in his career..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-25-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Thread Information