Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Bulls 11-4-17

All-Star
    We have learned tonight that we can’t expect a win in any second game of a back to back this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    My updated wish starting roster

Nelson
    Poo
    Miller
    Brow
    Boogie

Moore first off bench
    Agreed. Bring DC off the bench as the 3/4 off the bench. It's really a toss up between Poo and Moore but I would have to give it Holiday thanks to Dell's 20 mil a year donation to him. They both suck tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    We have learned tonight that we can’t expect a win in any second game of a back to back this year.
    To be fair, Cousins, AD and Jrue had to log far too many minutes last night because the 'others' couldn't do a damn thing last night. So cut them a bit of slack for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    Nah, I think what we learned is we can't expect a win in any back end of a back to back which follows a game in which AD and Boogie both played at least 39 minutes.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If you're trying to tell me playing basketball is harder on the body than being a miner/quarry worker/metalworker/brickworker/masonry/12 hour shifts in warehouses/etc, then feel free to be ignorant.

lol yes i will continue to be ignorant lol...like i said something is wrong with you smh.......

good win by the pelicans,,i know you are angry about the win...sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol yes i will continue to be ignorant lol...like i said something is wrong with you smh.......

good win by the pelicans,,i know you are angry about the win...sorry...
    Either read my posts and know that I've said multiple times I don't care how we win as long as we do, or don't respond to me.

Don't @ me bro

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Don't @ me bro
    Basically

A side note I hope no one is forgetting. Despite Boogie's play overshadowing AD in the eyes of the media so far this season, Davis is still averaging 31.1/13.8/3/1.6/2.3 if you remove the 2 point game he got injured in. That's a huge statline.

This is what .500 basketball looks like. Ugly wins against poor teams and frustrating losses all over the place. If the Pelicans played like they did against Cleveland every game they would be one of the top teams in the league.

I'm happy for a win and holding at .500 for as long as possible until Rondo and Hill get back. At that point there will be something like six halfway decent (?!?) players off the bench instead of four. Plus a four time allstar at the point.

I'm a little surprised about Clark, tbh. I thought he had real sixth man potential for this team.

Offensive stats alone does not make players great. Or good. Or any level of measurement. Too many people only focus on the offensive side of things.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Well this is the same team (Bulls)that ran over a red hot Magic team last night who whipped our butts earlier last week.
    So make some sense of that please. I'll give the Pels credit for the tough win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    This is what .500 basketball looks like. Ugly wins against poor teams and frustrating losses all over the place. If the Pelicans played like they did against Cleveland every game they would be one of the top teams in the league.

I'm happy for a win and holding at .500 for as long as possible until Rondo and Hill get back. At that point there will be something like six halfway decent (?!?) players off the bench instead of four. Plus a four time allstar at the point.

I'm a little surprised about Clark, tbh. I thought he had real sixth man potential for this team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    We are 1 1/2 out of 1st place. Go Pels.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Offensive stats alone does not make players great. Or good. Or any level of measurement. Too many people only focus on the offensive side of things.
    I agree but I understand why they only see offense. Offense is most noticeable to fans. Can be hard to judge good defense and intangibles sometimes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Pelicans at Bulls 11-4-17

Miller is looking confident. He plays good defense and if he keeps shooting 3s I see him helping us win more games. I’d love to see rondo out there with Nelson at sg and Jrue at SF. Or rondo Jrue and Miller. We need to hit our 3s and let jrue attack the basket. I see us being very successful because if the players outside of AD and cousins can get us 45 points we should win a lot of games. So AD and boogie should average about 55-60ppg.

Jrue: 17
    Miller: 8
    Nelson 9
    Moore 8
    Cunningham 6
    Rondo: 8
    Clark: 5

71ppg

71ppg plus 55-60 is 126or more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I agree but I understand why they only see offense. Offense is most noticeable to fans. Can be hard to judge good defense and intangibles sometimes.
    I hear you.

But man. Going back and checking through are past games.....Butler had a decent night, McCollum did OK, the Warriors had a good night but didn't go off. Our guard play has been pretty good on the defensive end. Particularly Jrue.

MIN 6-3 (-2.4 Diff) 4H/5A
    MEM 6-3 (+4.7 Diff) 6H/3A
    LAC 5-3 (+6.6 Diff) 6H/2A
    UTH 5-4 (+2.1 Diff) 6H/3A
    POR 5-4 (+6.6 Diff) 5H/4A
    SAS 5-4 (-2.0 Diff) 4H/5A
    NOP 5-5 (-0.4 Diff) 4H/6A
    DEN 5-5 (-0.3 Diff) 5H/5A
    OKC 4-4 (+8.6 Diff) 4H/4A

The Pels are hanging in there fine.

5-5 Baby !!! I don't remember last time we were able to win b2b games... let Me think... maybe 2-3 years ago ?

Last year we lost 10 games before we won 5 games. Massive improvement this year given our depleted roster. Enjoy it!

Only half a game out of the 6th seed now. We are right where we need to be.

Also, i'm never mad at an ugly win against any team on the 2nd night of a b2b on the road. In fact, I don't care if every win is ugly as long as we win.

Allen is used to winning like this, he's been doing it for like 40 years or something.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Only half a game out of the 6th seed now. We are right where we need to be.

Also, i'm never mad at an ugly win against any team on the 2nd night of a b2b on the road. In fact, I don't care if every win is ugly as long as we win.

Allen is used to winning like this, he's been doing it for like 40 years or something.
    I agree but I dont get it why Gentry puts these kinds of minutes on AD and Boogie. We played a young team and even though Diallo has a long way to go he should've got some playing time at least in the first half. Tired Boogie made lots of mistakes and even if Diallo made many as well he would bring some energy and our main bigs would have more energy at the end of the game

I was disappointed how we ended the 4th quarter. We were in the bonus situation and instead attacking the rim we took a couple of threes. The worst one of course is the very last posession. Jrue shouldnt had the ball in his hands for the last shot any more. The shot he took wasnt the worst even though I would much rather AD attack the rim and possibly get fouled but Jrue gave them enough time to have a real shot at winning the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I agree but I dont get it why Gentry puts these kinds of minutes on AD and Boogie. We played a young team and even though Diallo has a long way to go he should've got some playing time at least in the first half. Tired Boogie made lots of mistakes and even if Diallo made many as well he would bring some energy and our main bigs would have more energy at the end of the game
    You should watch the post game interview. Gentry addressed that specific question. He basically said he has two choices, try and find rest for AD and Cousins during the game but they need to be in the game to win or play them and then try to find rest for them afterwards. He decided to go with that route since the next game wasn't until Tuesday. Said tomorrow they (AD and Cousins) weren't going to do anything.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Time to give Miller a shot at starting. He cannot be worse than DC
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Didn't see the game but the highlight of AD making a block and throwing it off the guy was one of the craziest plays I've ever seen.

Thread Information