Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw View Post
    we cant give up 59 points in a half and expect a W. can we?

check that 64!
    make that 64 !!

learning time for our young team.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

How can Harden lay it up over 5 defenders? And continually?

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Terrible .... 39 points given up in the 2nd quarter . The backcourt of Brain Roberts & Mason completely turned the game around in the 2nd quarter & got Houston going
    It started at the end of the 1st Q, and Monty should have figured that out and not continue with the same players who got Houston back.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    I'm starting to believe that Rivers does need to go to the D-League for a while...
    I agree .. Rivers isn't ready for the NBA game . He looks like a kid trying to play a mans game & he is getting destroyed
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Peja View Post
    Game Over everyone .. Man, in other drafts, Austin Rivers would have been a 2nd rounder !!
    lol

Rivers is the equivalent of a second round pick in the NFL. He is a top 10 pick in just about any NBA draft, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    lol where's j jack when you need him!

U guys need to give rivers a chance. Its completely obvious he is overt hinking and trying WAY too hard out there. U can tell in his body language that he is PISSED with his slef. As a HORNETS fan, i will stand behind this ROOKIE. Lets not add more pressure on the young guy. I really believe his drive will make him a great player. Give him 2 years and he is a all-star. Yes all-star. I honestly believe that.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The ****. He misses a lay-up and suddenly Rivers needs to play in the D-League?

I'm starting to wish we would have taken Jeremy Lamb over Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    lol

Rivers is the equivalent of a second round pick in the NFL. He is a top 10 pick in just about any NBA draft, though.
    No freaking way man, are you serious ?!! ..

It started at the end of the 1st Q, and Monty should have figured that out and not continue with the same players who got Houston back.
    True, Monty had this problem last season too, he would let the garbage crew stay in the game when it was obvious that some change was needed... And then we'll be in too big of a whole to realistically come back from... hopefully we can muster up some stops and miraculously some points in the 2nd half

oh my god, 38,5 % shooting, thats disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The ****. He misses a lay-up and suddenly Rivers needs to play in the D-League?
    Rivers isn't ready for the NBA game ... That's quite clear .

Monty needs to learn in game adjustment from Pop. He's supposed to be from the school of Pop but I can't say he's learned that part of coaching from him.

we just can not deal with the quickness of harden and lin plus morris and douglas are shooting the lights out for some reason! absolutely disappointing from an defensive perspective, offensively we had a little bit of bad luck but i was most of the time happy with the plays (except roberts forces his own shot). Let´s hope that we can make this into a game in the second half!

Rivers is a rookie, there are going to be days like this. Beal went 1-10 or 11 yesterday. Should he go to the D-League too?

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I'm starting to wish we would have taken Jeremy Lamb over Rivers.
    Every game that Lamb rides that OKC bench ... Im thinking we could snatch the kid for peanuts.

No freaking way man, are you serious ?!! ..
    Yup. He is picked in the 7-10 range depending on the which one. Maybe as late as 12 in a draft like the one he actually came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    U guys need to give rivers a chance. Its completely obvious he is overt hinking and trying WAY too hard out there. U can tell in his body language that he is PISSED with his slef. As a HORNETS fan, i will stand behind this ROOKIE. Lets not add more pressure on the young guy. I really believe his drive will make him a great player. Give him 2 years and he is a all-star. Yes all-star. I honestly believe that.
    I remember a Hornet rookie, well two of em... Collison and Marcus Thornton, boy they were young and ROOKIES and they made it happen... Thornton was advertised as a SCORER, and he..., wait for it... SCORED... Collison was a pass first PG and he..., wait for it, PASSED FIRST...

My problem with Rivers is that he is advertised as this great scorer but he cant..., wait for it... SCORE... not only cant he score but boy does he stink up the entire offense while out there... I don't know if you guys forgot, but we desperately needed a scorer in the offseason at the guard position to help take slack off of Gordon and also to keep us in games... Well we wasted a 10th pick on a dude who does none of the above

The difference with Rivers and other lottery pick rookies is that they show flashes of what is to come. I don't See a future all-star in Rivers. He is a marginal player

We need to see more of Davis & Anderson in the post ...especially Anderson . Play through him & instead of having Roberts dribbled the air out of the ball .

It's obvious we can't play the same pick & roll offense when Roberts is in the game ... We trying to make him do something he can't do . Feed Anderson the ball in the post & work off him

^^ Then you are blind. He is able to get to the rim well and has a low turnover percentage. Those are very useful skills for a guard.

Thread Information