Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would you listen to offers for Minny 1st rounder?

They will have a worse record than us. If were going to trade a pick trade ours

A) Technically, we are getting the better pick of Minn and their own pick. 1 knee injury in LA has us wearing Lakers jerseys for 4 games instead of Thunder jerseys.

B) We can trade the worse of ours and the A) pick.

C) I don't think Minnesota having been assigned the pick sort of would affect the economics of the trasaction negatively. Needing a pick is just that. In fact, it's the pick they can most positively affect to the tune of 82 games instead of at most 4 directly. Sounds like a plus to ol' 42 if he's selling.

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    Traded for Marko Jaric
    I wonder if they were more interested in trading for his wife than him, lol

Seriously, even if they are better than you are expecting. At worst, I'm still expecting a top 10 pick. That in this draft is valuable enough for me.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    A) Technically, we are getting the better pick of Minn and their own pick. 1 knee injury in LA has us wearing Lakers jerseys for 4 games instead of Thunder jerseys.

B) We can trade the worse of ours and the A) pick.

C) I don't think Minnesota having been assigned the pick sort of would affect the economics of the trasaction negatively. Needing a pick is just that. In fact, it's the pick they can most positively affect to the tune of 82 games instead of at most 4 directly. Sounds like a plus to ol' 42 if he's selling.
    I'm lost. I didn't read the whole thread but are you talking about we get the better pick between the Wolves and Clippers? Because Boston owns LA's pick, maybe it's protected from Boston though?

I'll also say Minny will still be bad, Dell is just trying to be nice.

if they offered us Kevin Love, i'd trade it.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks View Post
    if they offered us Kevin Love, i'd trade it.
    Me you and every body else. But that would give us two free agent stars on the market next year... ESPN would go crazy saying how bad they wanted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Me you and every body else. But that would give us two free agent stars on the market next year... ESPN would go crazy saying how bad they wanted out.
    the topic next year for ESPN is how CP's knee is shot and how the Clippers are in a panic after everyone thought they'd be Finals contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I'm lost. I didn't read the whole thread but are you talking about we get the better pick between the Wolves and Clippers? Because Boston owns LA's pick, maybe it's protected from Boston though?

I'll also say Minny will still be bad, Dell is just trying to be nice.
    I gotcha. This pick that we are calling "the Minnesota pick" is actually the better pick of the Clippers and the Minnesota pick. Boston has the right to the worse pick of the two. Everyone assumes that will be the Minnesota pick, and rightly so, but there is a chance . . .

(I put this in my news pieces . . . tsk, tsk . . . you should be reading those!)

http://www.pelicansreport.com/HRForu...t-Not-That-Guy

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/15/p...de-transcript/

"The 2012 first round pick coming to the Hornets will be the more favorable between the Minnesota Timberwolves' or the Los Angeles Clippers' picks." -- Hugh Weber

I'd take your chances with the Minnesota pick, worse case it's a late lottery. This draft is so deep at the top you can get very good young, cheap talent at #10

davis barnes drummond come on down

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    I'm starting to worry that instead of rebuilding Demps is going to make some rash moves to patch things up and make a .500ish 8th seed type of team. I really don't see what you could get for that pick that would be better than it's potential. Multiple picks? An extremely promising player under 25?

Now is not the time to be trading for 'established players.' This team needs to build a base first.
    Exactly, unless we suddenly found ourselves on the fat end of a disgruntled star trade scenario, we need to keep this pick in our pockets.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Come on if kings come here and give Reke or cousins... they can get the pick.

Yes you listen, but that doesn't mean you deal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcazbarach View Post
    Yes you listen, but that doesn't mean you deal it.
    Exactly. You can listen to offers without committing.

yea you have to listen but you dont have to accept
    If Wayne is E.T.-ish tell him phone home

I'd definitely listen.

I would also trade the pick for Brooke Lopez or Kevin Love. Such big men are hard to come by in this league. A Gordon / Lopez combo is a great core for us. Plus, we would have our own pick to add that third banana to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanC View Post
    I'd definitely listen.

I would also trade the pick for Brooke Lopez or Kevin Love. Such big men are hard to come by in this league. A Gordon / Lopez combo is a great core for us. Plus, we would have our own pick to add that third banana to the mix.
    Lopez doesn't rebound nearly as well as I would like from a center. I would take Kevin Love for the pick and not look back. Gordon/Love would be phenominal. We would need a defensive minded shot blocking center in the middle. Then we would have a beautiful core.

Brook Lopez sucks. Love is tolerable.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Exactly- I would even consider pick for Rubio and Derrick Williams.

This is an asset, just like any other asset, and you should at least keep an open mind IMO.
    for Rubio AND love: do it now or i kill you, Dell. For Rubio and Derrick Williams do it!
    That pick it's overrated, Adelman is a GREAT coach, they have a lot of young talented players in this 4-game-a-week season

I'd listen to any offers. The Wolves are going to be better than most think. Like, a pick in the teens. Hope I'm wrong.

Hmm I wouldn't trade a chance at Anthony Davis or Andre Drummond for anybody in this league. They have more potential than anybody that is still on their rookie cobtract. And I don't want a player that's on a max deal unless he will make us instant contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Tolerable? Are you kidding? The guy is damned good.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    how much have you had to drink?

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Tolerable? Are you kidding? The guy is damned good.
    Tolerable in the sense of giving up the draft pick. I would do it because he's established. Not a franchise player, but a very good player.

Lopez isn't neither.

Thread Information