Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Pels at Lakers GAMEDAY 10-22

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ok, it's a bad contract. So now what?
    I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This isn't a small overpay though
    People on here minimize it, but it's one of the worst contracts in the NBA and we just entered into the first year of the deal.

Boogie keeps getting close to a triple double man and ad is getting rebounds like a man this year

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Ok, it's a bad contract. So now what?
    I don't think Demps even knows.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    E'Twaun Moore with a quiet 19 points. Still think dude is an underrated player.

I somehow felt better after the Golden State loss than I did this game. It should have been cruise control AD resting our players for the next game. Instead we had to claw ourselves out of a hole we dug.

I'm glad the team didn't fold down the stretch, but they need to have a long look at their defense.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-22-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Demps gave the deal so it's clear he disagrees with you.

It would be nice if one of these games the Pels could keep a guard from just going off against them. First Conley, then Klay, and now...Kentavious Caldwell Pope and Jordan Clarkson?? Just been able to take games over against the Pels and lead their teams on big runs.

Wondering a bit if Allen is not fully in shape or has a lingering injury. He may not quite be "First Team All Defense!" vintage Grindfather, but he's still a guy you turn to compete like hell and make things a battle for hot hands.

MConley: 33min 27pts 5reb 3ast on 9-15FG
    Thompsn: 37min 31pts 4reb 3ast on 12-19FG
    Cal-Pope: 31min 20pts 2reb 1ast on 7-11FG
    Clarkson: 25min 24pts 0reb 5ast on 10-18FG

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    E'Twaun Moore with a quiet 19 points. Still think dude is an underrated player.
    Consistency is still his problem but I'll take it tonight. He was clutch. 8/9 too. Super efficient game

I think it's clear Allen isn't in game shape yet. He played 7 minutes and then waved to be pulled out because he was gassed.

Maybe he also pulled something. I wouldn't doubt it with this team's injury luck. Good news is, we are now 3 games with multiple players out due to injury so we can use the hardship exception.

I think it's clear Allen isn't in game shape yet. He played 7 minutes and then waved to be pulled out because he was gassed.

Maybe he also pulled something. I wouldn't doubt it with this team's injury luck. Good news is, we are now 3 games with multiple players out due to injury so we can use the hardship exception.
    How long could a replacement player last on the roster, hypothetically?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    How long could a replacement player last on the roster, hypothetically?
    Until we don’t have 4 players on the injury report or they are cut.

The Lakers got HOT. Like. They were just throwing stuff up and making everything during that run. This is a game we used to lose. But we weathered it. When things got clutch we didn't just edge them out we took the game back over to win comfortably. So yeah, I don't feel amazing, but I still feel aight.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I’ll take Jrue at 6-11 shooting with 15, 5, and 5 every night along with solid D.

His game will look better as he transitions to full time off ball and secondary creator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he gets that every night he may be an all star.

I think we have to take in account that we only had like 5 days of training camp before our first preseason game. We only had 4 preseason games. The season usually starts around Halloween, it is October 22nd and we have already played our 3rd regular season game.

Guys are still getting into game shape and developing chemistry. Their bodies are still in preseason mode. This is not mid season form.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I think we have to take in account that we only had like 5 days of training camp before our first preseason game. We only had 4 preseason games. The season usually starts around Halloween, it is October 22nd and we have already played our 3rd regular season game.

Guys are still getting into game shape and developing chemistry. Their bodies are still in preseason mode. This is not mid season form.
    The only team I've seen blazing is the Rockets. Memphis is also 2-0. Other than that, just about everybody has had a dud or two.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Hell no
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    D Lillard barely makes the all star team

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    So happy they didn’t have to wait 8 or 11 games to get their first win.

I know that win is a win but this one was really ugly. If We want to win in Portland We need to be more consistent. Really happy for our 1 win

Maybe things will turn around now just like for the saints Jrue stats might look all right in this game but when it mattered he disappeared again. But for Nelson we would've lost this game. I dont understand why during the 5 years AD has been here Dell never found a real point guard for him. I guess he had Vasques at the beginnig.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    So happy they didn’t have to wait 8 or 11 games to get their first win.
    yeah, that sounds like an awesome achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Maybe things will turn around now just like for the saints Jrue stats might look all right in this game but when it mattered he disappeared again. But for Nelson we would've lost this game. I dont understand why during the 5 years AD has been here Dell never found a real point guard for him. I guess he had Vasques at the beginnig.
    There's clearly one on the roster now, just hurt.

And with Nelson there will be 2. It really could make a difference to have 48 min of true veteran smart PG play out there. Not too many of those guys left in this wonderful "modern NBA" chuckathon the league is running now. Not a coincidence the few you can find are older guys who remember an earlier era when "point guard" meant guy looking to run the team and setup teammates rather than guy looking for his own first available shot off the dribble.

The Nelson signing already payed off. Pretty sure we lose the game without Nelson, who managed to steady things out in the end.
    For about 2 and a half quarters the Pelicans played beautiful basketball. We played unselfish, under control and took great shots. There was no rush, no bad early shots and therefore not a lot of opportunity for the young Lakers to play their game.
    5vs5 in the halfcourt, there aren't many teams able to outplay the Pelicans. Things always go south as soon as the other teams gains the advantage, due to the Pelicans settling for early long balls, turning the ball over or having trouble finding guys in the paint for good shots or foul calls.
    We have no dynamic guards and we aren't very quick. Guys like Clarkson, Kuzma, Hart or Randle will have the upper hand, when we allow them to run.
    It remains to be seen, if we are able to force the more mature Blazers into the halfcourt. That's a true test of strength coming up.
    Last edited by Krysanthem; 10-23-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Banned
    Guys its a win. Lets move our focus on the Trailblazers on Tuesday night.
    Plenty to find fault with but nothing we can do at this junction.
    We do know that the Lakers are a bottom feeder team.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 10-23-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Thread Information