Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: A Look at Alvin Gentry's Potential Staff if Hired

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    Lol, nice. I'm really not trying to be an ***, but come on. Can you tell us anything?? "Yeah we have some young guys and some old guys!" Focus on what you do, analyze the game and the team. He's not PR.com Woj, despite what people appear to think. He want Nola.com to uphold their standard and, after reading his stuff for so long (which I always thought was great), I want the same from him.
    My dream would be to meet you face to face, show you my call logs. See the look on your face after you realize how wrong you were. Hear you apologize and then flash you with that Men in Black thing.

Ah, to dream
    @mcnamara247

I read the question and know the response. I realize he didn't ask you for specific names. He asked what he did because you refuse to give names or any substantive information ever (take what he can get if you will). My response to your question remains the same and, if you would like to show me where this is untrue, I'll consider apologizing. Let's see where you were even remotely close to calling anything before it happened? I can show you where you chest pound afterwards.... Stick to what you do. Thanks.

No one wants your source, but the point of sources and keeping them anonymous is to protect the info they give you. What's that info from you? "We have some guys interviewing for the head coaching job, but I can't tell you who. Some names will come out and some won't."
    I am sure there are people on this forum who will tell you about private messages to them well before it broke that I wasn't allowed to disclose. But I only do that for posters I respect.

Go ahead and ask

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    My dream would be to meet you face to face, show you my call logs. See the look on your face after you realize how wrong you were. Hear you apologize and then flash you with that Men in Black thing.

Ah, to dream
    Ha! I'm sorry you feel I'm ragging on you aimlessly and I really do have a lot of admiration for your writing. All I'm saying is what is the point of referring to sources always yet releasing absolutely nothing about the info they give you other than what anyone on this forum already know/could make up?

Banned
    I am sure there are people on this forum who will tell you about private messages to them well before it broke that I wasn't allowed to disclose. But I only do that for posters I respect.

Go ahead and ask
    Well, again, I'm sorry if you don't respect me because of my view on it; that's really not my intention. I would hope you can see some of what I am talking about, just frustrating, I suppose, but I will cool out.

Ha! I'm sorry you feel I'm ragging on you aimlessly and I really do have a lot of admiration for your writing. All I'm saying is what is the point of referring to sources always yet releasing absolutely nothing about the info they give you other than what anyone on this forum already know/could make up?
    So you knew Igor K was on our list a few hours ago? That we were perusing D Newman?

Oh, okay, my bad. Then I will leave the reporting to you. Go ahead sir!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Well, again, I'm sorry if you don't respect me because of my view on it; that's really not my intention. I would hope you can see some of what I am talking about, just frustrating, I suppose, but I will cool out.
    If you really want to get the inside scoop,you should try Nola.com Attn:J.Smith! Pending on whether he has read BSS and/or pelicans reports yet, you might get the info your looking for!

Banned
    So you knew Igor K was on our list a few hours ago? That we were perusing D Newman?

Oh, okay, my bad. Then I will leave the reporting to you. Go ahead sir!!
    Since you like reading old posts, go read them and your article. They are based off of your own thoughts on guys out there. Never did you put these guys out there as the team "pursuing (I'm assuming that's what you meant)" any of these guys. These are your thoughts based on your analysis, which I enjoy. I don't see where you passed any off as being pursued as candidates based on your 'sources.' I've reported just as much as you have.

"Who Gentry might hire." That's pursuing? Not to mention you put 15 total names in your article and post. Again, show me where you reported something of substance and somewhat concrete and stood behind your 'source'...? "Oh, ok, my bad."
    Last edited by saintsinNO; 06-01-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Even I'm like, dude give it a rest. Is McNamara the Walter Cronkite of all things Pelicans...? Nah. But there are enough people in the media/twitter universe that will toss out rumors and sourced info for you to get your fix. People really are lazy and impatient when it comes to info. My guess is folks who are old enough to remember the first time they logged onto AOL and didn't grow up with a search engine are more than satisfied with their choices of info, whether that's twitter, PR.com, NOLA, BSS, Hoopshype, Woj, or the good old fashioned barbershop.

Nothing worst than unappreciative brats. Am I right...? Can I get an Amen!?

Banned
    I'm not unappreciative in the least. I appreciate and support his writing. But I'm not about the let the fact that he's a good and dedicated writer make me oblivious to him attempting to be the Adam Schefter of the Pelicans. He's clearly not, so I'd prefer not to hear about his sources all the time. It clutters the threads with people asking him for information he clearly doesn't have (or won't divulge), so why do we need to hear about his 'sources?'

He calls things by being a smart analyst and basketball mind, such as Hoiberg being a great NBA candidate a long time ago. What he doesn't do is get inside information during the hiring processes and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Even I'm like, dude give it a rest. Is McNamara the Walter Cronkite of all things Pelicans...? Nah. But there are enough people in the media/twitter universe that will toss out rumors and sourced info for you to get your fix. People really are lazy and impatient when it comes to info. My guess is folks who are old enough to remember the first time they logged onto AOL and didn't grow up with a search engine are more than satisfied with their choices of info, whether that's twitter, PR.com, NOLA, BSS, Hoopshype, Woj, or the good old fashioned barbershop.

Nothing worst than unappreciative brats. Am I right...? Can I get an Amen!?
    "and thats the way it is" Monday,June 1st, 2015!

I'm not unappreciative in the least. I appreciate and support his writing. But I'm not about the let the fact that he's a good and dedicated writer make me oblivious to him attempting to be the Adam Schefter of the Pelicans. He's clearly not, so I'd prefer not to hear about his sources all the time. It clutters the threads with people asking him for information he clearly doesn't have (or won't divulge), so why do we need to hear about his 'sources?'
    Adam Schefter? Really? Do you know how many times Schefter has jumped the gun w/info Because he didnt do due diligence & strictly relied on SOURCES!? Schefter does NO internal educating! He relies strictly on SOURCES.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    "and thats the way it is" Monday,June 1st, 2015!
    I'm fairly certain you are McNamara's second account, as every single post of yours is just unwavering support for anything he posts. Again, I obviously can't read everything, so if you'd like to show me I'm wrong then have at it, if not, then what I'm saying holds true. You can easily pull where he boasts about having sources and calling things before they break, can you find me anything showing he actually does?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Adam Schefter? Really? Do you know how many times Schefter has jumped the gun w/info Because he didnt do due diligence & strictly relied on SOURCES!? Schefter does NO internal educating! He relies strictly on SOURCES.
    Correct, but Schefter is not an analyst. He is strictly a news man with actual sources. They won't always be right, but he's right a lot.

McNamara, on the other hand, is an analyst.

I Like Turtles.

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

He calls things by being a smart analyst and basketball mind, such as Hoiberg being a great NBA candidate a long time ago. What he doesn't do is get inside information during the hiring processes and so on.
    Are you really hearing about it? Or are you choosing to read it? Think about it. And if you think he's not up to Adam Schefter standards, don't read his stuff for the portion of it you think isn't done well. Read it for the stuff you think he does well. Skip the rest.

No one is pulling up to you while you're walking down the street minding your own business, throwing you in the back of a windowless white van, and making you do inappropriate things like have super high expectations for what you read on the internet!

Side note... I think you're overrating his writing skills! Dude is a hell of a researcher, but he's no Peter Finney. And he lives in Utah, but has no sisterwives. What's up with that? So he has all day to ski, talk about Jimmer and Romney, and do research... so really, why isn't his writing better!?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Are you really hearing about it? Or are you choosing to read it? Think about it. And if you think he's not up to Adam Schefter standards, don't read his stuff for the portion of it you think isn't done well. Read it for the stuff you think he does well. Skip the rest.

No one is pulling up to you while you're walking down the street minding your own business, throwing you in the back of a windowless white van, and making you do inappropriate things like have super high expectations for what you read on the internet!

Side note... I think you're overrating his writing skills! Dude is a hell of a researcher, but he's no Peter Finney. And he lives in Utah, but has no sisterwives. What's up with that? So he has all day to ski, talk about Jimmer and Romney, and do research... so really, why isn't his writing better!?
    Lol, can't argue with that.

I'm fairly certain you are McNamara's second account, as every single post of yours is just unwavering support for anything he posts. Again, I obviously can't read everything, so if you'd like to show me I'm wrong then have at it, if not, then what I'm saying holds true. You can easily pull where he boasts about having sources and calling things before they break, can you find me anything showing he actually does?
    O, dude, you got me all wrong! You antenna must be bent! You need to go back & check yourself !
    1) You obviously dont know Walter Kronkites signature sign-off !&
    2) I've actually been warned several times by the illuminati on this site for challenging MM on they way he talks to people,etc! But, I think he does great work, at no charge at that. Therefore, although at times, I dont like his demeaning tone, I dont ever question his work ethic when it comes to trying to be knowledgable about EVERYTHING PELICANS ! I thank god for this sight & BSS, becaus our local jobbers are terrible. One must learn how to compartmentalize things. I dont have to live w/ the guy or see him every morning when I leave my house for worK. Regardless of his perceivd personality flaws at times, it does not negate that he is PELS fans best resource for anything having to do w/ the Pels!

You are so misinformed it is laughable. Again, I do share this info with a privileged few. Example, ask around on this board and you will find out that I told several people about our meeting with a certain coach well before it was reported. Like a week before.

This will be our last interaction, ever. I don't mind contrarian views, but I will not be disrespected by the misinformed after I work my butt off. Best of luck to you. And your IP address is known - so you will not be allowed anywhere near the Insider forum when it opens. You did it to yourself.

All I've learned is I'm not one of the respected few. . . I'm sad now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Just goes to SHOW YA !

Banned
    You are so misinformed it is laughable. Again, I do share this info with a privileged few. Example, ask around on this board and you will find out that I told several people about our meeting with a certain coach well before it was reported. Like a week before.

This will be our last interaction, ever. I don't mind contrarian views, but I will not be disrespected by the misinformed after I work my butt off. Best of luck to you. And your IP address is known - so you will not be allowed anywhere near the Insider forum when it opens. You did it to yourself.
    Lol, oh no! How will I get my generic information?!

So let's break this down so you can really see the hypocrite you are. You want to write Nola.com about their standards, but get upset when someone does the same to you? They didn't take your email movement seriously or address any actual issue, and you took further offense to that. Did you once show me anywhere that you put out anything of substance before it happened? Again, you constantly and publically boast about knowing things and having 'sources,' but anything specific you only do privately to a select few...? What's the point of being public about the 'fact' that you have 'sources?'

Just as I said, you want to throw rocks, but when anyone challenges you, you act like a child. "YOU CAN'T COME TO THE PRIVATE INFO CLUBHOUSE!" Haha, give me a break. Yet you want Nola.com to take you seriously? When did I attack you personally? When did I insult you personally? I didn't. I simply point out facts and have offered several time to change my position if you show me instances where you actually broke something of substance before it was public knowledge from one of your 'sources.' But you have yet to do that. You hide behind your assertion that you privately send messages to a select few despite the fact that you very publically boast about 'sources' and knowing about things before everyone else. So, as I said yesterday, your Nola.com 'movement' was wildly hypocritical, see Exhibit 100 (right here).

You feel you have a right to criticize Nola.com and that they are wrong for not humoring you, yet anytime anyone has a gripe with you, you either block them or pull this "you can't come onto our new website" foolishness.

I read the question and know the response. I realize he didn't ask you for specific names. He asked what he did because you refuse to give names or any substantive information ever (take what he can get if you will). My response to your question remains the same and, if you would like to show me where this is untrue, I'll consider apologizing. Let's see where you were even remotely close to calling anything before it happened? I can show you where you chest pound afterwards.... Stick to what you do. Thanks.

No one wants your source, but the point of sources and keeping them anonymous is to protect the info they give you. What's that info from you? "We have some guys interviewing for the head coaching job, but I can't tell you who. Some names will come out and some won't." If that's what you are going to use your sources for then what's the point of constantly boasting about the sources you have?? Just be an analyst.
    The idea of anonymous sources is to protect the source, not the info. It is also a mechanism of trust.

I didn't ask for specific names because it would be beyond unreasonable to ask for specific names when we know the source and if the source wished not to have those names publically disclosed. Which if he is just speculating or passing along names in the fold Amin would no doubt not want those names spread before anything solid is in place.

All I really cared about was MM's opinion of any names mentioned. Because I think he has a well informed opinion on assistants and if he is excited it would excite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    My bad, I thought I told you. Looking at my messages I guess it was just SilverFoxx, 504, and Guardian Angel. But it was mostly because I saw them a little stressed out about this particular coach.

Blog Entries
    What he doesn't do is get inside information during the hiring processes and so on.

Believe what you want, but I can tell you as a fact that this is false.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Alritey, lets get back on board. Fred Vinson stays IMO. His son is awesome btw, i went to ULL with him, although he couldn't name me three players on the Pels LMAO. Very cool guy. But Fred resume and work has shown with the improvement Of Evans shot, as well as Gordon. Players seem to like him so he is probably the only guy im rooting for from the Monty club.

Thread Information