Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade Alert! Dreamer? Believer?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    It's astonishing that's all you can say and not come up with your own, but only bash others. Nothing new from what I have seen on this site. I want you to explain to me how it's not possible for us to move Vasquez and Aminu for a Jennings
    Well, I get your idea that Milwaukee could trade him before he becomes a free agent, but if that's the case, would that be the best offer they would receive for a player like Jennings? Don't think so. It's not just about coming up with a good offer, you have to consider that you have to beat other teams that might be also interested in Jennings.

I haven't thought about it yet, but I'm pretty sure multiple teams could come up with better offers, including better prospects/draft picks, or the willingness to take bad contracts (like Gooden's).

I have went through every team who would be possibly interested and honestly not many. Go yourself and look at every team and the PG situation on that team. We have a really good young PG in Vasquez who brings great leadership on a good deal. He fits well alongside Eliis. I have heard rumors hornets wanted Jennings last year. I could see them pulling the trigger on a Vasquez and Aminu deal added maybe a future draft pick and a player from them or whatever it takes, makes both teams happy. I see Hornets as best team for Jennings and his future plus we can and will pay him. No big market teams that don't have a pg can really afford him at all, just take a look yourself. No small market presents same opportunity with management, coaching, facilities, and rebrand.

I'm pretty sure the Pacers are really high on George. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to try to move Granger rather than George, then move George to the 3. I don't understand why the Pacers would trade for ANOTHER huge contract and further handcuff themselves. They have George on his rookie contract for this year and next. Just doesn't seem like this part of your dream scenario would work out
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

They have him for now cheap, but will have to probably give close to max to keep him just like we did for Gordon. Yes, Granger is more likely and I wouldn't hate that trade at all depending on if we get a Brandon Jennings. Then maybe we draft a SF to develop behind Granger and Monty. Maybe move Granger on expiring to contender in future for assets. Possibilities with this trade or trades would change the Hornets to serious contenders in near future when Rivers and Davis develop.

Jennings is pretty much in the same tier as Vasquez right now. They shoot similar percentages, Vasquez is a much better dimer, Jennings better pick pocket. He looked a little better at the start of this year but is steadily dropping his shooting %'s and is just plain overrated. Bledsoe is s better defender than Jennings, shoots better %'s just isnt quite the playmaker Vasquez or Jennings is. But if we're stuck with Gordon / Rivers at SG we can afford Bledsoe's lack of assists. Also Bedsoe plays SG with CP3 quite a bit so as a stating PG you just dont know what hes capable of.

Would much rather throw an offer the Clips wont match at Bledsoe or just keep Vasquez abnd focus on center and SF (George is pretty untouchable thanks to him going HAM a couple games this year.)

George is the right idea, but we have no assets a team tryna contend now would want. Jennings is overrated chucker who is a decent pickpocket. Do not want a chucker.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Nobody is going to trade for Gordon unless they get real value back. He just doesn't have any value.
    I would agree with this, UNLESS, this injury turns out to be exactally what a lot of fans have thought it is. (EG unhappy in NOLA and wanting out) Then, As long as you can get two of three team interested there is value in him. EG would hold a major card in the trade with his right to over rule a trade if he doesn't like the team, but (If the injury isn't real) he had to know that the longer he sits the more doubt there is in his health. Plus EG has been MIA when it comes to media. He's not out there talking good or bad about his situation, he's not even talking about his health. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him moved to the Pacers, since both partied expressed serious interest while EG was a restricted FA. What the deal would look like, I have no idea, but it aint so far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Jennings is pretty much in the same tier as Vasquez right now. They shoot similar percentages, Vasquez is a much better dimer, Jennings better pick pocket. He looked a little better at the start of this year but is steadily dropping his shooting %'s and is just plain overrated. Bledsoe is s better defender than Jennings, shoots better %'s just isnt quite the playmaker Vasquez or Jennings is. But if we're stuck with Gordon / Rivers at SG we can afford Bledsoe's lack of assists. Also Bedsoe plays SG with CP3 quite a bit so as a stating PG you just dont know what hes capable of.

Would much rather throw an offer the Clips wont match at Bledsoe or just keep Vasquez abnd focus on center and SF (George is pretty untouchable thanks to him going HAM a couple games this year.)

George is the right idea, but we have no assets a team tryna contend now would want. Jennings is overrated chucker who is a decent pickpocket. Do not want a chucker.
    Thank you finally someone who disagrees a little but gives me a real response. Well done Impose! I see Jennings in somewhat same way but believe if you put him with Rivers, George, Davis, and Adnerson he's a different player. He's still on 23 lots of room for improvement like a young Tony Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    I would agree with this, UNLESS, this injury turns out to be exactally what a lot of fans have thought it is. (EG unhappy in NOLA and wanting out) Then, As long as you can get two of three team interested there is value in him. EG would hold a major card in the trade with his right to over rule a trade if he doesn't like the team, but (If the injury isn't real) he had to know that the longer he sits the more doubt there is in his health. Plus EG has been MIA when it comes to media. He's not out there talking good or bad about his situation, he's not even talking about his health. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him moved to the Pacers, since both partied expressed serious interest while EG was a restricted FA. What the deal would look like, I have no idea, but it aint so far fetched.
    Dav you are the man! Thanks for a response with more thought then "not gonna happen". I like what you are saying and I think like you maybe Gordon isn't playing for a reason we don't know. Maybe to protect his future health and so he clears out with team we trade him to. Week after trade starts 1st game with Pacers. That stadium would be packed and fans would love the Indiana boys holding the guard spots.

Ok I would rather go after Bledsoe and maybe leave open the possibility of a Gordon for Paul George trade in the future. When Gordon comes back if he stays healthy his stack will rise so fast and we can pull him away from Pacers.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The only way a Gordon for George swap is even somewhat plausible is if Gordon goes on a run and stays healthy for a while. And in that scenario it's a no brainer that you keep the MUCH better player, which is Gordon.

The only way a Gordon for George swap is even somewhat plausible is if Gordon goes on a run and stays healthy for a while. And in that scenario it's a no brainer that you keep the MUCH better player, which is Gordon.
    I don't know about a no brainer he is better, and when healthy is great guard. I still take a 6'10 Paul Geroge who has more upside to me than Gordon and has not played his natural position his entire career. If we don't get a PG I say keep him. If we bring in Bledose or Jennings and have a chance to get George it's a no brainer and we do it. Bledsoe/Jennings, Rivers, and George would be unstoppable in the future.

I don't know about a no brainer he is better, and when healthy is great guard. I still take a 6'10 Paul Geroge who has more upside to me than Gordon and has not played his natural position his entire career.
    Are you talking about Paul George, the one who plays for the Pacers?

I don't know about a no brainer he is better, and when healthy is great guard. I still take a 6'10 Paul Geroge who has more upside to me than Gordon and has not played his natural position his entire career. If we don't get a PG I say keep him. If we bring in Bledose or Jennings and have a chance to get George it's a no brainer and we do it. Bledsoe/Jennings, Rivers, and George would be unstoppable in the future.
    I heard he grew like 3 inches las summer, but i think he's still listed under 6'10" ? Not sure what to believe with that. I remember them listing Kobe at 6'7" for a year bc he was growing still and the year after he was 6'6" again lol.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    In other news, thanks for the title, player. Reminded me a nice album that I hadn't listened to in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I heard he grew like 3 inches las summer, but i think he's still listed under 6'10" ? Not sure what to believe with that. I remember them listing Kobe at 6'7" for a year bc he was growing still and the year after he was 6'6" again lol.
    As long as you are a Hornets fan I still love ya man! Never meant anything but more than a sarcastic joke all in good fun. He is definitely 6'10 or taller. I remember him in against the heat last year being much taller then LeBron and Granger who are both 6'8. They said he hit a 2-3 inch growth spurt about 2 offseasons ago which is very possible. If this could happen to Rivers that would be amazing. He could turn into a Melo type of player.

You either haven't watched much of Gordon or haven't watched much of George. It's a no brainer that Gordon is the better wing when healthy. Can do more than George, and can do multiple things better than George. Gordon is elite on both ends of the floor, while you can't say the same for George (shooting % have dropped every year since entering the league). George has a higher upside? That's laughable. Not to mention George is only a year younger than Gordon and has never shown to be the player Gordon is.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. Do I need to post the highlights again?

You either haven't watched much of Gordon or haven't watched much of George. It's a no brainer that Gordon is the better wing when healthy. Can do more than George, and can do multiple things better than George. Gordon is elite on both ends of the floor, while you can't say the same for George (shooting % have dropped every year since entering the league). George has a higher upside? That's laughable. Not to mention George is only a year younger than Gordon and has never shown to be the player Gordon is.
    Well honestly I don't know where you watched much of Gordon from. I guess you can say the same for Gordon's shooting % which has declined since his rookie year also. Yes he has more upside and has 2 years less experience then Gordon. He is a 6'10 wing with athleticism and size to rival LeBron James. If you have watched him play at all this year then you would see major improvements. He shut down DWade for most of playoffs last year while everyone made an excuse he was injured. Was it maybe he was being covered by a 6'10 raw athlete. Monty has a specialty of SF's as long as he has 1 with ability. Geroge would be a better fit with team as long as we have someone like Bledsoe. Gordon emerged in his 3rd year which George is in now. Yes I think more upside then Gordon who is about maxed out, but who knows he hasn't even played. I don't know how you can say its laughable when Gordon basically has not played a full season once.

As long as you are a Hornets fan I still love ya man! Never meant anything but more than a sarcastic joke all in good fun. He is definitely 6'10 or taller. I remember him in against the heat last year being much taller then LeBron and Granger who are both 6'8. They said he hit a 2-3 inch growth spurt about 2 offseasons ago which is very possible. If this could happen to Rivers that would be amazing. He could turn into a Melo type of player.
    It's cool man.

I think George is just scratching the surface of his talet. Will he ever be an all-pro? I doubt it but his length is what makes him interesting. I think Gordon is much better at gettig to the basket though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah. Do I need to post the highlights again?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oroTNe6krYc

He would be the perfect fit for us at the SF. He has developed a knock down shot to go along with his ridiculous athleticism. Has added 2-3 inches to his frame and is now 6'10 plus. Yes Gordon is a great but like ballsohard said George is just scratching the surface of his talent while Gordon is maxed out and bed ridden. I love Gordon but I trade him for Paul George in a heartbeat after the situation we are in with him. Like I said this is only if we get a good PG. If not then a Rivers/Gordon back court will work. Your gonna tell me Bledsoe/Rivers/George is laudable as opposed to a Rivers/Gordon/?.. Not to mention George drained 9 3's on us last game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Gordon is the better player no doubt, but since his injury issues him and George both are both what in what. But I say keep Gordon, dude is a top 4 SG when playing. And for some reason I feel this may be his last big injury, yea he'll get banged up every now and then like every other player but not serious enough to miss majority of the season. Don't forget Gordon is the best player on this team and maybe the most promising.

Well honestly I don't know where you watched much of Gordon from. I guess you can say the same for Gordon's shooting % which has declined since his rookie year also. Yes he has more upside and has 2 years less experience then Gordon. He is a 6'10 wing with athleticism and size to rival LeBron James. If you have watched him play at all this year then you would see major improvements. He shut down DWade for most of playoffs last year while everyone made an excuse he was injured. Was it maybe he was being covered by a 6'10 raw athlete. Monty has a specialty of SF's as long as he has 1 with ability. Geroge would be a better fit with team as long as we have someone like Bledsoe. Gordon emerged in his 3rd year which George is in now. Yes I think more upside then Gordon who is about maxed out, but who knows he hasn't even played. I don't know how you can say its laughable when Gordon basically has not played a full season once.
    Having someone who can do it all offensively like Gordon is a better fit with Bledsoe than a guy like Paul George. Bledsoe has a good bit of limitations offensively (struggles to run an offense, not much of a jumper, etc) that Gordon would limit much more than George, that shouldn't even be up for debate. And it's laughable because this entire thing depends on one thing, and that's Gordon being healthy. And when healthy, Gordon is an elite wing in this league. George has his talents, but he will never be elite. And throw out length, Gordon is the better defender of the two. On ball and help. But if you really do want to talk about length, Gordon has a 40 inch vert, 8'3 standing reach and 6'9 wingspan at 6'3 and George has a 37 inch vert, 8'11 standinch reach and 6'11 wingspan standing at 6'11. Not to mention Gordon is a bull.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 12-21-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Its weird how desperate some of our fans are making themselves look righy now; We want Paul George, Eric Bledsoe, Cousins, Jennings etc. George cant be a number 1 option, George can't create for others he just cant do what Gordon does. Yea he has potential but also a high possibility that he doesnt reach it. We have enough projects already, and most of the trades are so unrealistic its like a 4 year old dream. We are good as of now, good promising players and a lottery pick seems like next year. Now hell yea I would I would like George alongside Gordon but that may take Amknu, our pick and something else.(Now thats a dream LOL)

Y'all have to be kidding me. Paul George can't create for himself? He has been playing out of position his 1st 2 seasons, paying guard at 6'10? He has been very effective and as good as Gordon in his 2nd year. Gordon is a top 3 SG but it took him a few years to get there. Paul George in a year or 2 will also be considered a top SF maybe not top 3 considering the position is way more crowded with great to very good players. If Rivers can potentially be a SG as good as Gordon or not better then why wouldn't you trade him? Yes Gordon has a 6'9 wingspan but he is still 6'3 while George is 6'10. The kid is still growing and maturing into his body. Shot has improved every year and has developed a near complete package if you have watched him recently. He lit the Hornets up for 9 3's last game. Next season he will be a 20 ppg scorer just like Gordon, but is never injured, he's longer, more athletic, and yes more upside. I Love Gordon and his game always have, but if you watch George this season as I have then you would see the kid has a total package and is gonna be one of the best Behind Durant, LeBron, and Melo. Has Durant length except for Thicker. Has LeBron athleticism and is a better defender than Melo. Monty could turn him into a defensive monster and probably be 2nd team all defense behind LeBron if we were to have him next season. Trust me if this were to happen you would come to be very happy.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 12-21-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Thread Information