Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would you listen to offers for Minny 1st rounder?

Would you listen to offers for Minny 1st rounder?

Demps said at the press conference that he really believes Wolves will be better this season, and that pick is not a lock to be a high one. If he really believes this, do you think he is shopping the pick around the league to teams that have less faith in the Wolves?

If teams think that pick is guaranteed to be top 5 in a somewhat loaded draft, what would they give up for it? Do you listen to those offers and maybe pull the trigger or do you take the risk and bet on another year of T'Wolves misery.

Assets are like stocks and this stock is pretty high right now. It could go up a little higher, but it has more room to fall than rise. I would at least listen. You?
    @mcnamara247

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    are you crazy?

Absolutely not. Sounds like Demps is preparing himself, just incase they are good.

They're gonna tank.

To deep of a draft id take a chance and wait it out to see where that pick falls.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I'd hold on to the pick.

Any offer that will be coming our way for the pick will most likely have us taking someone that's not on their rookie contract anymore.

I want the cheap young talent more than anything. That pick will at least be top 10, and in this draft, that might as well be top 5.

What for? Ideally we want a young stud big to match with Gordon. That list is pretty short and a little sketchy.

Kevin Love
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Greg Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    What for? Ideally we want a young stud big to match with Gordon. That list is pretty short and a little sketchy.

Kevin Love
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Greg Monroe
    I was thinking something along those lines- add Brook Lopez to that list if NJ goes into total rebuild mode if they get the word Deron won't re-sign and they trade him in February.

Hornets would still have their own 1st rounder and a young vet in Lopez as opposed to taking their chances in the lottery and then taking their chances again on a 19 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I was thinking something along those lines- add Brook Lopez to that list if NJ goes into total rebuild mode if they get the word Deron won't re-sign and they trade him in February.

Hornets would still have their own 1st rounder and a young vet in Lopez as opposed to taking their chances in the lottery and then taking their chances again on a 19 year old.
    Assuming that he, or any veteran, wants to stay in New Orleans with no owner, and that the league would even let us do another big trade like that...

I will list to offers and reject the silly ones, consider the others.

Pick for Iguodala = silly.

Pick for Rubio and Love = hmmmm

Pick, Aminu, Gordon, Kaman for Paul and Bledsoe = pure comedy

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I wouldn't give away the pick. It's way too valuable for a team like us. We need to find that face of the franchise player and our 2 picks in the first in that very deep draft increases our chance at finding him. Keep the pick, and don't look back.

I was thinking about this, and honestly the pick has a good chance to be just as valuable on draft night. Say the Hornets have 2 picks in the top 10. Don't you think some team would love to move up and would be willing to trade one of their established players for a chance to draft one of these studs? And if the Hornets kept one and then got an established player for that chance, it could be something good. Just a thought.

Absolutely not. Even if the Wolves aren't the most awful team in the entire league like most people think, there is still no way that their pick won't be in the lottery. Wolves ceiling is late lottery pick. If you don't think that, then you pretty much think that the wolves are a playoff team which i just can't see at all. So if the pick turns out to be a late lottery pick, in this draft you're still looking at some REALLY good players.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I'm starting to worry that instead of rebuilding Demps is going to make some rash moves to patch things up and make a .500ish 8th seed type of team. I really don't see what you could get for that pick that would be better than it's potential. Multiple picks? An extremely promising player under 25?

Now is not the time to be trading for 'established players.' This team needs to build a base first.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I will list to offers and reject the silly ones, consider the others.

Pick for Iguodala = silly.

Pick for Rubio and Love = hmmmm

Pick, Aminu, Gordon, Kaman for Paul and Bledsoe = pure comedy
    Exactly- I would even consider pick for Rubio and Derrick Williams.

This is an asset, just like any other asset, and you should at least keep an open mind IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    I'm starting to worry that instead of rebuilding Demps is going to make some rash moves to patch things up and make a .500ish 8th seed type of team.
    I've been thinking the same thing, and it looks like it's going in that direction. I don't think that we're going to be as bad as everyone thinks, and Demps might have some pressure put on him to win now.

We need to either tank, or be contenders. Period. And the latter isn't happening anytime soon.

Nose Bleed Section 4 Life! CheapSeats's Avatar
    Of course you want Dell Demps to listen to offers. He's not doing his job if he's not listening to even the craziest proposals. But in reality you want to think certain things are not tradible like say a top level pg or a number one overall draft pick.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing, and it looks like it's going in that direction. I don't think that we're going to be as bad as everyone thinks, and Demps might have some pressure put on him to win now.

We need to either tank, or be contenders. Period. And the latter isn't happening anytime soon.

Unknown Poster, relax man this is coming from a poster, not Demps, Demps understand how value this pick is and the only way i can see him trading it, is if someone offer some young up and coming players plus their number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapSeats View Post
    Of course you want Dell Demps to listen to offers. He's not doing his job if he's not listening to even the craziest proposals. But in reality you want to think certain things are not tradible like say a top level pg or a number one overall draft pick.
    How annoying would it be to be a Minnesota fan right now? Two years, two high lottery picks going to another team.

Exactly- I would even consider pick for Rubio and Derrick Williams.

This is an asset, just like any other asset, and you should at least keep an open mind IMO.
    I would not consider it for Rubio and Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    How annoying would it be to be a Minnesota fan right now? Two years, two high lottery picks going to another team.
    Yeah, not to mention this pick was from a trade in 2005!

You're talking about unproven talent in the lotto, then say you would consider a trade involving two completely unproven talents. Neither have stepped on a court.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Yeah, not to mention this pick was from a trade in 2005!
    Traded for Marko Jaric

I like this guy's enthusiasm.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I would consider trading the pick for another pick that we KNOW will be low. Like, maybe a swap including other players, of picks with Toronto? I mean we know Toronto will be a very low pick.

What players could we possibly get with the pick? I see some people suggesting Love, and I just don't see that as a option. Do we really think Minn. would consider trading Kevin Love for their own pick back? Sounds crazy to me but I would do it in a heart beat. A. HEARTBEAT.

As for Brook Lopez? Not too high on him. He doesn't do what I want in center as well as I would like: Defend and Rebound.

Greg Monroe? I would consider it. I mean we would still have our own pick and he is due to break out at any time.

Thread Information