Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: N/S NBA Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Karl Anthony Towns. Best Center in the League, anointed chosen one in the West by the media.

Comprehensively outplayed by Clint Capela.
    He is just so bad on D I mean damn

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

James Harden is just ridiculous. When I think of offensive players to stop this guy is no doubt one of the toughest to scheme against. I really don't know what in the world to do to stop him. You put shooters around him and man it's gonna be a long night!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    James Harden is just ridiculous. When I think of offensive players to stop this guy is no doubt one of the toughest to scheme against. I really don't know what in the world to do to stop him. You put shooters around him and man it's gonna be a long night!
    What do you do to stop him?

I have no idea, but a good start would be call him for his frequent push-offs, travels, carrying, and don't give him 10+ FTAs a night. He's still drop 25 cause he's so talented, but it would go some way to limit him.
    Basketball.

Harden travels on those side step 3s. I dont care what anybody says. 3 steps is 3 steps even if they're little slick ones.

Hardens gonna get his so you stop everyone else

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    I don't understand the twolves..cp3 and harden switch on defense and guard Kat in the paint and the twolves shoot jumpers instead of going inside to the mismatch......they do on us with harden guarding ad or boogie in the paint and we don't take advantage of that situation either smh......

Harden will get his but if you make him play defense and punish him by making him get fouls when he is guarding a big in the paint then he will pick up some fouls and would have to sit majority of the first half.....he can't hurt you if he is not in the game long.....

Karl Anthony Towns. Best Center in the League, anointed chosen one in the West by the media.

Comprehensively outplayed by Clint Capela.
    Thibs said he needs to "be more like AD" hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I don't understand the twolves..cp3 and harden switch on defense and guard Kat in the paint and the twolves shoot jumpers instead of going inside to the mismatch......they do on us with harden guarding ad or boogie in the paint and we don't take advantage of that situation either smh......

Harden will get his but if you make him play defense and punish him by making him get fouls when he is guarding a big in the paint then he will pick up some fouls and would have to sit majority of the first half.....he can't hurt you if he is not in the game long.....
    Pels took advantage of that heavily in the game Boogie got hurt. Up until mid 3rd quarter at least. Then they went stupid again.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Thibs said he needs to "be more like AD" hahaha
    wait really?

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    wait really?
    I think that was Kumar just making a joke on Twitter.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    What do you do to stop him?

I have no idea, but a good start would be call him for his frequent push-offs, travels, carrying, and don't give him 10+ FTAs a night. He's still drop 25 cause he's so talented, but it would go some way to limit him.
    The game we beat them where Boogie got hurt, we had Liggins hounding Harden and it worked very well. We outcoached and outplayed Houston in that game. We actually match up well with Houston, imo.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Pels took advantage of that heavily in the game Boogie got hurt. Up until mid 3rd quarter at least. Then they went stupid again.
    Yes and harden got tired or had fouls and had to sit out for awhile and then cp3 got hot lol but harden was not the killer....

Ridiculous

Ridiculous

Disgraceful

Lol I would gladly take harden on my team
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Lol I would gladly take harden on my team
    Yeah especially the way the refs ride this dude you might as well have him on your squad.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Yeah especially the way the refs ride this dude you might as well have him on your squad.
    Lol nah fam that man is a beast and he deserves the mvp... he earned it this year

Lol nah fam that man is a beast and he deserves the mvp... he earned it this year
    He's a fantastic basketball player. Any team would be lucky to have him. But it's easy to see why fans of opposing teams hate on him and his style of play. Is it effective? Hell yes. Is it fun to watch? No.

That being said, Harden deserves MVP this year and will win it rather convincingly.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 04-16-2018 at 10:19 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Ridiculous

That isn't a travel or whatever people want to call it. His 2nd step is taken with his right foot which then makes it his plant foot and perfectly legal as long as he doesn't move it. He can do whatever he wants with that left foot as long as he doesn't move his right "plant" foot. That left foot might look like a 3rd step buts it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    That isn't a travel or whatever people want to call it. His 2nd step is taken with his right foot which then makes it his plant foot and perfectly legal as long as he doesn't move it. He can do whatever he wants with that left foot as long as he doesn't move his right "plant" foot. That left foot might look like a 3rd step buts it's not.
    That's a travel. It's like someone that takes a step and then does a jump stop. You can't take a step and then do a jump stop with it. It's either two steps or plant with both feet and elevate. Not both. He picks up the dribble and steps back with his right, then left, then right again, then brings his left foot back and jumps. It like taking three steps or closer to taking two steps and a jump stop, which is usually traveling. I guess they let him do it because he's going backwards. Not to mention how hard it is to make a step back shot like that. Maybe they figure if he misses its just as good as a travel.

But hey, they never call traveling in the NBA anyway...
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 04-16-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    He's a fantastic basketball player. Any team would be lucky to have him. But it's easy to see why fans of opposing teams hate on him and his style of play. Is it effective? Hell yes. Is it fun to watch? No.

That being said, Harden deserves MVP this year and will win it rather convincingly.
    Basically this.

I've said it before on this forum: Harden in specific and the Rockets in a more general sense do not play good basketball very often. They have a certain set of tricks and tools that they use in place of actual good basketball; those tricks happen to play perfectly into the biases of the referees and take advantage of the flaws of the rule set. It is technically legal, for the most part, and it allows them to put up points in abundance. But it is not good basketball; it's an effective trick that they've become very efficient at pulling off. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    That's a travel. It's like someone that takes a step and then does a jump stop. You can't take a step and then do a jump stop with it. It's either two steps or plant with both feet and elevate. Not both.
    Basically. If you could just legally do what Harden does, then the Dream Shake (which relied on the use of the hop allowing both feet to become potential pivots) wouldn't be special; it's special because it basically does what Harden does, but legally. Harden doesn't have that kind of footwork, but he's mastered this kind of fake's version.

Doesn’t kyrie and Damian uses that same move.... even AD somethimes

Basically. If you could just legally do what Harden does, then the Dream Shake (which relied on the use of the hop allowing both feet to become potential pivots) wouldn't be special; it's special because it basically does what Harden does, but legally. Harden doesn't have that kind of footwork, but he's mastered this kind of fake's version.
    Personally, I don't have a problem with it if the refs don't call it. I loved Jordan in his heyday but he got away with murder. You have to adjust to the way the game is called.

Doesn’t kyrie and Damian uses that same move.... even AD somethimes
    Harden seems to take an extra step.

Thread Information