Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I actually like TS game threads. I appreciate this awesome rivalry on HR lol
    There is no rivalry, I don't get why people think there is. I don't plan on starting anymore so...

With that said though, I don't see the big deal about this thread being up. More time to discuss the game, which probably wouldn't have happened without the thread.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 11-11-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Wow, this game is Wednesday and this thread is up? Its ridiculous how someone can rush to start a game thread before another. This has to stop!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I mean. I'd like these threads to be game DAY threads and not just game threads. Otherwise, why just make one at a time? Why not just make all the rest of the game threads instantly right now?

It's like typing FIRST on a YouTube video or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    There definitely is a rivalry, I don't get why people think there is not one. I plan on starting a lot more threads so...
    I knew it.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Not really a big deal that he started the thread. What else you want to talk about for 3 days?

The Rockets are sneaky good. 2 rugged games in a row with Rockets and Thunder.... Lets get it!

I welcome our 3 days in advance gameday thread overlord.

John Reid ‏@JohnReidTP
    Hornets rookie Austin Rivers rolled right ankle during practice today
    Don't know if it's bad or anything to worry about just yet. I guess we'll know more a little later.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Don't know if it's bad or anything to worry about just yet. I guess we'll know more a little later.
    Holy ****. This is getting ridiculous. What is it with this kid and his right ankle?

His ankle is freaking jello. I'd bet he plays Wednesday unlike some other SG we supposedly pay to play basketball.

Austin may need to start wearing these

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...kie_aus_8.html

Looks like it's not a big deal. Still expected to play on Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Holy ****. This is getting ridiculous. What is it with this kid and his right ankle?
    I'm starting to understand what Warriors fans seemingly always go through (with Curry).......

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    I'm starting to understand what Warriors fans seemingly always go through (with Curry).......
    Thankfully, Rivers' injuries have all been very minor, yet Curry has had several surgeries on his ankles. My concern is that it is the same ankle he keeps rolling, so Idk what's up with that. Hopefully, this is just a fluke...

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Thankfully, Rivers' injuries have all been very minor, yet Curry has had several surgeries on his ankles. My concern is that it is the same ankle he keeps rolling, so Idk what's up with that. Hopefully, this is just a fluke...
    Agreed.

However, according to the TP article you linked, it's a different ankle.

It mentioned that he previously rolled his left ankle (twice), and now he has rolled his right ankle.

Not sure how accurate that information is. Too lazy to verify.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 11-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    Not really a big deal that he started the thread. What else you want to talk about for 3 days?
    My thoughts exactly. If someone else would like to do the game threads go ahead, I apologize for putting it up 3-4 days ahead I enjoy the pregame discussion and breakdowns.. In the end we're all Hornets fans aren't we?

What's crazy is Rivers pain threshold and being able to withstand multiple sprains only if Erica Gordon had the same mentality.
    Last edited by j_bones; 11-13-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Also Davis needs a pair of Abdul-Jabbar goggles since his contacts keep falling out.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Also Davis needs a pair of Abdul-Jabbar goggles since his contacts keep falling out.
    We already know he looks good in em...

Is it Wednesday yet?!?!

Davis and Lopez are going to have a tall task in trying to keep Asik off the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Davis and Lopez are going to have a tall task in trying to keep Asik off the boards.
    I am hoping it is more Davis and Anderson or Davis and Smith. Fact is that Asik is going to get his share of rebounds, but you have to make the Rockets pay for having Asik in on the defensive end of the court. He cannot cover Davis, Anderson, or Smith and will get torched on the perimeter and off dribble drives by any of the three. But if Lopez is on the court, he can just sit by the basket, change shots, and grab boards. I am praying Monty recognizes this early on and Lopez gets the majority of his minutes when the Rockets take Asik out. I would love to see the minutes go something like:

Davis-37 Anderson-35 Smith- 20 Lopez-16
    @mcnamara247

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Seeing some interviews last night it sounded like Rivers will draw Harden to atleast start the game.

This is something I will pay very close attention too, because Harden uses the pick and roll in 33% of his possessions, more than any other type of game (iso, off screen, post up, hand off, etc). He has ran the p&r 63 times to start the season, has shot 33 times off the pick and is converting about 49% of his looks. He also looks for shots beyond the arc about 30% of the time, though he hasn't had much like converting threes this season.

Rivers on the other hand, while he's been good defending the pick and roll (defender shoots 20%, turns it over 44% of the time) it's been in a very small sample. He's only defended the pick and roll 9 times in 4 games. He'll surely get a healthy dose of it tonight. I'm sure the most likely scenario though is we through a little off Greivis, Farouq, Mason and whatever other wing see's the court tonight. Greivis has been awful in his 19 possessions so I hope Monty is smart enough to not go in that direction.

BTW, if you want to revisit this thread:

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...-ON-BALL-stats

Some of you may remember Farouq's stats last season:

Al-Farouq Aminu:
    PPP- 0.92
    FG%- 38.2%
    %SF- 4.7%
    %TO- 7.8%
    %Score- 37.8%
    Through four games they've been a whole lot better:

PPP- 0.67
    FG%- 28.3%
    %SF- 5.6%
    %TO- 9.3%
    %Score- 29.6%

Also, not to oversimplify it but it really comes down to whether the Rockets make their 3's tonight. They take about 20 per game and in their wins they have made about 34%, in their losses 26%. That is a 5 point swing on just three-pointers alone and most of their games have been close. Gotta contest and hope they miss

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am hoping it is more Davis and Anderson or Davis and Smith. Fact is that Asik is going to get his share of rebounds, but you have to make the Rockets pay for having Asik in on the defensive end of the court. He cannot cover Davis, Anderson, or Smith and will get torched on the perimeter and off dribble drives by any of the three. But if Lopez is on the court, he can just sit by the basket, change shots, and grab boards. I am praying Monty recognizes this early on and Lopez gets the majority of his minutes when the Rockets take Asik out. I would love to see the minutes go something like:

Davis-37 Anderson-35 Smith- 20 Lopez-16
    This is a good point. We don't need Lopez's post defense since Asik or anyone else on the Rockets are threats scoring in the post. We can get by with Davis/Anderson/Smith for most of the game.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I'll be at the game! Very excited to see da Brow in person. I also think limiting the Rockets threes are going to be very important. Delfino and Parsons have been killing teams with their three point shooting. A matchup to watch is Vasquez vs Lin. Lin's been struggling with his shot, but he's made it up with his steals this season. Patrick Patterson has also been a nice suprise for them this season, so I hope that Davis can limit him with his athleticism.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Thread Information