Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread Part II

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    No problem, I'll get it to you this evening.

Ironically, I do use Gimp. I even used it to help make the jerseys and arrange the design sheet. It's all hand-drawn, but it's "digitally arranged", I suppose. I've used Gimp for a few years now, and though I've become pretty good at making sigs and wallpapers using stocks and renders, I'm still trying to get the hang of purely original graphic design. Thanks for the compliments, though, they really mean a lot.
    No problem, you're a good pencil artist for sure.

If you're really interested make the PS plunge. I've heard it's well worth the money and you can't really draw like bigdub without it. GIMP is a good start though. Personally I'm still proud of just making transparent layers.
    Wherehappens.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    No problem, you're a good pencil artist for sure.

If you're really interested make the PS plunge. I've heard it's well worth the money and you can't really draw like bigdub without it. GIMP is a good start though. Personally I'm still proud of just making transparent layers.
    Don't worry about it, it took me a while to find out about layers and stuff too. I have a buddy who uses Photoshop, and oh yeah, it is totally worth the money. It's just more money than I can drop as of now. I've looked into getting a sketch pad, that may be the ideal tool for me.

Photoshop cost money? Lol. Sorry I didnt go there... piracy is bad!

I think the New Orleans Flambeau would be sweet. We could have an awesome logo/mascot with one of those guys with the cool masks. Nobody else seems to like it.

The Franchise
    How about the New Orleans Mojo, Austin Powers could be our Mascot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I got an ideo for bigdub to do. See if we dont rebrand, why can't we change our uniforms. I like this idea with the all black & a design going from the side of the jersey to the side of the shorts. It can be on gold line or something but when it get to the end of the shorts it breaks into purple & creole blue aswell. It's hard to describe, but it will be pretty dope tho.

I got this from my school Mcdonogh 35 basketball uniforms, as we wear maroon & gold but we got an set of uniforms that's black.

So what you think BigDub?

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Okay, here's what I'm sending to ESPN. Wish me luck....
    Attachment 3683
    Purple Haze, I'm with you. I was pretty disappointed at how the red turned out when I scanned it. It looks better on the paper. The use of the color red was supposed to be a tie-in to the NO flag, Baton Rouge, and some other things. I figured I had to go with a bright shade of red to avoid a LeBron-era Cleveland Cavs lookalike. Now that I'm finished though, I'll be happy to try out any color schemes y'all might suggest.
    That logo is straight awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bojangles837; 04-28-2012 at 12:01 AM.

New Orleans Big Shots
    New Orleans Zulus
    New Orleans Drummers

This is all. End transmission.

The Artist    Contributor   
    Here is the original logo that I created for the Dukes which was inside of the shield initally before I replaced it with the fdl's.

I like the other one better, but this is pretty cool.

The Franchise
    Maybe I just have a filthy mind, but there is something a bit wrong with that one
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nice alternative logo... strong work.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Nicely Done bigdub! When can we expect to see the NOLA Pilots concepts?

I'd prefer Knights to Dukes, but as it's been stated before, logos and fonts for the two could be interchangeable. What about a nice coat of arms? How about a Mardi Gras captain's mask? Could also be used for Krewe or Captains.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You shall reap the benefits of your efforts, Dub. Good work.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrits View Post
    I'd prefer Knights to Dukes, but as it's been stated before, logos and fonts for the two could be interchangeable. What about a nice coat of arms? How about a Mardi Gras captain's mask? Could also be used for Krewe or Captains.
    I feel the same way about Knights and the coat of arms....I am not really big on the "human face" concept...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Artist    Contributor   
    Nicely Done bigdub! When can we expect to see the NOLA Pilots concepts?
    I'm working on it now. I really didn't know where I wanted to take the design, how I wanted it to look, but I came up with something that I think you'll like.

Hey guys- old fan from Charlotte here who gave up on the Hornets when they left town, and now I'm a fan of he worst team in the history of basketball.

I'm very excited that the name Hornets could be coming home, I wish u guys could have the Jazz name back but, it doest look like that will happen. With that said, it looks like u guys are hard at work on a name and logo that would fit New Orleans better.

What is the next steps in the New Orleans rebrand?

I'm guessing Tom Benson has to officially be approved by the NBA board of Governors before any changes can be made but, what comes next?

I'm hoping that Tom Benson is already hard at work on developing names and logos and not waiting in the BOG's meeting.

What's the vibe down there? Do u think u can have a new logo/name in place by next season?

Thanks

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgib23 View Post
    Hey guys- old fan from Charlotte here who gave up on the Hornets when they left town, and now I'm a fan of he worst team in the history of basketball.

I'm very excited that the name Hornets could be coming home, I wish u guys could have the Jazz name back but, it doest look like that will happen. With that said, it looks like u guys are hard at work on a name and logo that would fit New Orleans better.

What is the next steps in the New Orleans rebrand?

I'm guessing Tom Benson has to officially be approved by the NBA board of Governors before any changes can be made but, what comes next?

I'm hoping that Tom Benson is already hard at work on developing names and logos and not waiting in the BOG's meeting.

What's the vibe down there? Do u think u can have a new logo/name in place by next season?

Thanks
    Thanks for the kind words man. Theres a decent chance that we could have a new name by next year, but we won't really know until someone tells us. At the moment some of us think that we can't rebrand unless we give the league 2 years due to league rules, some think there simply isn't enough time to iron everything out by next season, and some like me that hope Stern works his magic in our way and lets us rebrand in one Summer. Goodluck in Bobcat land, I hope that the team gets the Hornets name back (if thats what the majority wants) and I really hope you guys can turn it around soon. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Here is the original logo that I created for the Dukes which was inside of the shield initally before I replaced it with the fdl's.

Hooo....leeee....(BLEEP!) BigDub, this isn't just a design, this is ART. The team has GOT to use something like this. Clear a space on the "BigDub to design the new unis" bandwagon because I'm taking a seat.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    That is TOO friggin' cool. I'd go broke buying merchandise.

Hall of Famer
    Nice work, bigdub! I can see why you took this off the primary, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post

Our mascot would be the creepiest in the league by far

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post
    Our mascot would be the creepiest in the league by far
    "You will succumb to the mighty Dukes power, and Luke, I am your father."

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar

Our new colors

Maybe you guys want this merged with other rebrand threads...

It seems there are many different ideas what to rename the team. I am curious though what colors best represent not only who the team is, but what they can be. The Mardi Gras colors obviously would be popular. But I think its cool to thing outside the typical color scheme. Or at least incorporate those colors with other ideas. To me a good color scheme for a team will consist of 2 or 3 colors. Any more and you are looking at a rainbow. Here are some color combos I like (dominate color first, letters/numbers color second, piping third:

I think those all black Heat uni's are slick. But instead of all black how about: dark charcoal gray, white

or

Dark charcoal Gray, dark purple, burgundy red
    Hunter Green, Black, White
    Black, Dark Purple, Gold
    Black, Gold, Blue

Whats your ideas?

Thread Information