Pelicans Report

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Game 2 Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That's not being fair. Alg's post right above you laid it out perfectly.

The only thing Monty could've done different is hacking Bogut with the hope that maybe if we have a chance to catch our breath, we play better
    Hindsight is 20/20 as they say but myself and guests watching the game could tell we were way tired there with about 4 minutes left. We had 3 time outs at that time. We should have at least used one.

This has been a recurring issue with Monty. I get that we are one of the best teams out of a timeout but how can you not notice that your star player in AD can't even dribble anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Better then DQ at least
    Truth. That place you are guaranteed to get a case of herpies.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Yet the lead widens because he can't rebound or play any defense.
    He was only a -2 tonight in 9 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Look at the box score, Pondexter 1 for 8 and 3 points in 32 minutes. Pondexter, Asik, and Cunningham with 7 points in 74 minutes. Anderson didn't shoot well in the first half but 4 points in 9 minutes is much better than the scoring the others gave.
    Just stop, man.

Pondexter did not play well. But Asik and Cunningham were keeping us in the game at several points with Cunningham's hustle and Asik's rebounding, as well as some better than decent rotation on D.

Ryan Anderson was just throwing up junk and missing the only open shots he got. Plus, he continues to tread water on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Monty did the best he could do with the options he was giving. Anderson has completely forgotten how to play basketball, this stage is too big for Ajinca...Asik gave us good minutes but really didn't make a difference out there. Tyreke basically playing on one leg, jrue hurt, and AD playing 40 plus minutes. We literally ran out of gas
    This

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Monty messed up by not taking control of certain possesions. He rarely goes offense/defense and doesnt assert himself into finding the right combos. Hes too passive for my taste and this team is too undisciplined in crunch time. Thats a poor combonation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    we would of won if monty williams wasn't the coach, anyone else could of coached better tonight
    Kidding right?

Man Monty can't catch a break from some, we had no Jrue, Tyreke on one leg, and this year Roy Hilbert in Ryno, and we still was in the game.

Right now the only thing Monty can do is go out a find the Mon Star that take Ryno talent.

Ryno is turning into the 6'10 version of Jimmer. For all of Jimmers faults, his silver lining is we are 14-2 when he plays over 10 min. Everyone has merit, just don't let those merits blind you to the fact that the player isn't helping your end game.

Monty is still my pick for coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    This game was a blown opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'll buy that. How many turnovers is too many turnovers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Man Monty can't catch a break from some, we had no Jrue, Tyreke on one leg, and this year Roy Hilbert in Ryno, and we still was in the game.

Right now the only thing Monty can do is go out a find the Mon Star that take Ryno talent.
    Monty is Les Miles( in a way). He is poor at crunch time clock management.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    benching Anderson was the right move. He needs to know that you cant play like that and continue to get minutes.
    How did that work out? You don't know what might have happened if he played 30 minutes instead of 9 minutes but would have been closer at the end in my opinion.

For those that wanted D'Antoni . I may have some bad news

http://isportsweb.com/2015/04/17/den...ch-candidates/

The only reason GS beat us tonight was because of their depth. Steve Kerr didn't do anything special..he didn't out coach monty. Curry and Thompson didn't beat us. Their depth beat us plain and simple. Our starting 5 was much better than GS tonight. I think Monty corrected a ton of errors from game 1 till now.

We are going back to GS tied 2-2 because their bench won't travel to new Orleans and those shots won't fall.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Ryno is turning into the 6'10 version of Jimmer. For all of Jimmers faults, his silver lining is we are 14-2 when he plays over 10 min. Everyone has merit, just don't let those merits blind you to the fact that the player isn't helping your end game.
    Why are you talking about a guy who played 9 minutes and didn't have a significant impact on the outcome of the game?

How did that work out? You don't know what might have happened if he played 30 minutes instead of 9 minutes but would have been closer at the end in my opinion.
    Then what makes you think it'd be a closer game with a struggling Anderson playing 30 min?

I still the say the offensive sets were terrible late. Eric has to hit a step back three. Then AD has to try and gets past half the Warriors team by himself. No movement at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I'll buy that. How many turnovers is too many turnovers?
    Ask Tony!

Why are you talking about a guy who played 9 minutes and didn't have a significant impact on the outcome of the game?
    Just stop.

We will get a better Ryno at home so that should give us a spark for game 3.

It was absolutely the right move. What he was doing out there was unacceptable. Bench him this game and hopefully he learns his lesson because I know the coaches had to been instructing Anderson to cut out the bad shots and start playing defense. He didn't neither one of those things tonight. Sometimes benching a player is the only way to get through to him. I hope Ryno bounces back and hace a solid game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    For those that wanted D'Antoni . I may have some bad news

http://isportsweb.com/2015/04/17/den...ch-candidates/
    What they need is a D'Antoni 'ish assistant. Monty can design a play or two, but his offensive system is prone to droughts.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I still the say the offensive sets were terrible late. Eric has to hit a step back three. Then AD has to try and gets past half the Warriors team by himself. No movement at all.
    This my biggest beef with Monty. 3 TOs and your letting your team end possesions with results you mentioned. Thats fine on a random Tuesday night in Minnesota in January, but not game 2 of the playoffs. Hes too passive.

Anderson wasn't right on offense OR defense. He DUCKED when someone was coming for a layup and let Curry get a clean look at 3 at the end of the half. This was not his night.

Thread Information