Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: At First Glance-open discussion

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

At First Glance-open discussion

We have 2 of Top 5 bigs in the NBA. Do we not, after thoughtful consideration think we won't be a playoff team?
    6 teams that I feel we are ABOVE in the pecking order, w/out trying to dissect why/who etc.
    1)Sacto
    2LAL
    3)PHX
    4)Memphis
    5)Dallas
    6)Utah
    That leaves 9 ! Including Pels
    Denver, Portland & Minny are very attainable.
    That leaves 6 ! Including Pels
    I'm not sold on Houston or Aldridge led San Antonio or Griffin-DJ led LAC
    OKC & Dubs! Oh well!
    Therefore, we will be the #3 seed from now until we go 1-11 to start the season !
    O P T O M I S M. Springs eternal .

I like your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I like your logic.
    Logic w/ a hint of rose tint ! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    We have 2 of Top 5 bigs in the NBA. Do we not, after thoughtful consideration think we won't be a playoff team?
    6 teams that I feel we are ABOVE in the pecking order, w/out trying to dissect why/who etc.
    1)Sacto
    2LAL
    3)PHX
    4)Memphis
    5)Dallas
    6)Utah
    OKC & Dubs! Oh well!
    Therefore, we will be the #3 seed from now until we go 1-11 to start the season !
    Seems logical imo
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I can dig it. We just gotta put the days of the 3rd quarter slump behind us!
    RIP FlyGirl

Mostly fair, but Aldridge led San Antonio? Pretty sure they're Kawhi Leonard led.

At First Glance-open discussion

I expect the Clippers to fall off hard. An Austin Rivers lead guard rotation shouldn't be able to keep up with us. Without CP3 Deandre Jordan won't get nearly as many easy looks either. Really I'm not sure how anyone can look at our two teams and not have us ranked higher than them.

If I were ranking right now I'd have us probably somewhere around 5-6.

Dubs - OKC - SA - Houston

Pels - Clippers - Denver - Portland - Utah (though the loss of Hayward probably drops them more than this)

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Mostly fair, but Aldridge led San Antonio? Pretty sure they're Kawhi Leonard led.
    Kawhi is injured & out until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I expect the Clippers to fall off hard. An Austin Rivers lead guard rotation shouldn't be able to keep up with us. Without CP3 Deandre Jordan won't get nearly as many easy looks either. Really I'm not sure how anyone can look at our two teams and not have us ranked higher than them.

Pels - Clippers - Denver - Portland - Utah (though the loss of Hayward probably drops them more than this)
    Do you trust Houston? Not because of talent Per se. But, every free agent pick-up they made is axiomatically 180 from The Dantoni offense
    Also, pending on the Duration of Leonard injury, San Antonio CAN NOT win w/out him.

Are you in the same corner as Me regarding Minny or did you accidentally omit them? I think they are the Sexy, but Flop pick of the year.

1)Sacto
    2LAL
    3)PHX
    4)Memphis
    5)Dallas
    6)Utah
    OKC & Dubs! Oh well!
    I dig the message but you gotta capitalize on the spelling at the end there.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The PELS have a lot to prove imo. They haven't proven anything with Gentry.

GSW, OKC, SAS, HOR, DENVER, Portland, Minny, Clippers.

Right now I think Denver and Portland are better teams. Clippers, Minny, and Jazz might not be ahead of the PELS but spurs, rockets, OKC, GSW, Denver and Portland are better teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Right now I think Denver and Portland are better teams. Clippers, Minny, and Jazz might not be ahead of the PELS but spurs, rockets, OKC, GSW, Denver and Portland are better teams.

So IYO--- Hardin-CP3-Anderson-Capela & Ariza Comprise a better 5 than Boogie-AD-Jrue-Dante & Rondo ? I just don't see it. I can't see Anderson & Capela matching up w/ AD & Boogie. I certainly can see Jrue & Rondo holding their own against an aging CP3 and Hardin. & Cunningham basically is Ariza w/ a headband.

I think we are a playoff team but it's just a matter of what seed. I want to believe that our twin tower and defensive stoppers will put this 6-9 center/fast pace/who can collect the most top 10 players super team phase that's going right now. But I just hope our team gels and stay healthy for the majority of the season. All we really have to do is make it to the playoffs to get Boogie to resign. I'm pretty sure we should at least be able to do that!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Health is the only thing that keeps us out the playoffs, IMO.

Plus, at some point, we are trading our 1st rounder. Just depends on who we can get and how well they fit.

Denver, Portland, Clippers, and the Jazz aren't better teams than the Pelicans. We have a more talented roster than those teams but it's just a matter of how they are all going to fit.

Also, I really don't see Houston and OKC really working based on the fit. Yeah Melo/Westbrook and CP3/Harden are all stars but they basically are ball dominant players. It's seems like to a to many chiefs not enough Indians problem that's going to wear on the team on the season develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Health is the only thing that keeps us out the playoffs, IMO.

Plus, at some point, we are trading our 1st rounder. Just depends on who we can get and how well they fit.
    So true! Dell hates first round picks!

So IYO--- Hardin-CP3-Anderson-Capela & Ariza Comprise a better 5 than Boogie-AD-Jrue-Dante & Rondo ? I just don't see it. I can't see Anderson & Capela matching up w/ AD & Boogie. I certainly can see Jrue & Rondo holding their own against an aging CP3 and Hardin. & Cunningham basically is Ariza w/ a headband.
    Harden and CP3 will likely be a huge matchup problem. If Jrue and Rondo contain them, big if imo, then I think we can beat them every time. In this league guards and SFs tend to do the most damage. I hope our team changes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Denver, Portland, Clippers, and the Jazz aren't better teams than the Pelicans. We have a more talented roster than those teams but it's just a matter of how they are all going to fit.

Also, I really don't see Houston and OKC really working based on the fit. Yeah Melo/Westbrook and CP3/Harden are all stars but they basically are ball dominant players. It's seems like to a to many chiefs not enough Indians problem that's going to wear on the team on the season develops.
    Denver has a team that will be a problem. Their center is a top 3 center and they added Paul millsap. They are fundamentally sound basketball players. Denver has great potential and can't be underestimated.

You make a good point about OKC. I guess we'll see. I honestly think melo will be the key for their success. If he adjusts and plays the 3rd option their offense could be top 3. RW is only getting better and they have a good supporting cast. If they work out I think they will be the 2nd seed.

Denver has a team that will be a problem. Their center is a top 3 center and they added Paul millsap. They are fundamentally sound basketball players. Denver has great potential and can't be underestimated.

You make a good point about OKC. I guess we'll see. I honestly think melo will be the key for their success. If he adjusts and plays the 3rd option their offense could be top 3. RW is only getting better and they have a good supporting cast. If they work out I think they will be the 2nd seed.

Jokic is a top three center to you? I have him behind Cousins, KAT, and Gobert at the very least. He could easily be behind Whiteside and Gasol too.

Banned
    In my opinion the Pelicans still have a gaping hole at the 1 and 2 guard position.
    Holiday has not showed anything close to being a aggressive dominate player on the floor.
    Rondo? I have disagreed with the Jrue Holiday signing since last year. I really believe we over payed for a player with a lacking skill set and damaged goods.
    As said the first 20 games will tell the tale for this ball club.
    Coaching is something I have huge questions with? Is Cousins going to follow the plays? He seems to have issue when he is coached? Example watch the first pre season game against the Bulls. Second half he is having words with staff on sidelines after being pulled out on a substitution. He has had a pattern of that throughout his professional career. I hope we can be 10-10 in the first 20. If not we will not get out the hole it will be difficult.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 10-12-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jokic is a top three center to you? I have him behind Cousins, KAT, and Gobert at the very least. He could easily be behind Whiteside and Gasol too.
    Jokic is in his 3rd year now. I see him being better than every center except cousins and KAT. But I can see your point. Still Denver seems to be in a position to be a good playoff team. I hope the PELS prove to be better.

Are you in the same corner as Me regarding Minny or did you accidentally omit them? I think they are the Sexy, but Flop pick of the year.
    A little of both. I forgot about Minny but I'm also not high on them. I'd probably put them somewhere around Utah for now. I think I read somewhere that AD has never lost to KAT and we know he always plays super hard against them so I don't expect anything different this year.

As far as Houston goes, do I trust their team? Not in the playoffs, but they will be regular season Heroes and be a top 4 seed.

I feel the too 4 are pretty well locked. It will be the last 4 spots where all the fighting is. My gut says Pels @ 5-6 but I could see them as low as 8. It really depends how fast they feel comfortable in this system.

A little of both. I forgot about Minny but I'm also not high on them. I'd probably put them somewhere around Utah for now. I think I read somewhere that AD has never lost to KAT and we know he always plays super hard against them so I don't expect anything different this year.

As far as Houston goes, do I trust their team? Not in the playoffs, but they will be regular season Heroes and be a top 4 seed.

I feel the too 4 are pretty well locked. It will be the last 4 spots where all the fighting is. My gut says Pels @ 5-6 but I could see them as low as 8. It really depends how fast they feel comfortable in this system.
    100% agreement on Dubs,OKC . Do we have a timetable on Kawhi injury? Because if he is out for an extended period, I'm not sure that Spurs can stay afloat. They certainly aren't a playoff team w/out Kawhi.
    On the KAT front. Now he doesn't just have Blueblood AD, but I'm sure Boogie ain't letting the young gun show him up, either.

Jokic is in his 3rd year now. I see him being better than every center except cousins and KAT. But I can see your point. Still Denver seems to be in a position to be a good playoff team. I hope the PELS prove to be better.

Jokic is good . He is not better than Marc Gasol. He is not as dominating as Gobert or Whiteside. He's average on Defense at best. Top 10, not Top 3.

Thread Information