Pelicans Report

Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

I don't know how true or legit this is but..

Greg Oden is set to make the next step in his comeback sometime this coming week. The center has wrapped up meetings and work outs with multiple teams and is now simply mulling over contract offers. While money will play a large role in where he signs, so will location. As Oden appears to be favoring a rebuilding team, the New Orleans Pelicans have jumped in as the leading team.
    http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...heat-monty.htm

Seems to be more of a rumor site. She's basically saying some of the same things we've heard before but this is the first time I've heard anyone say we've jumped in as the leading team.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    I don't know how true or legit this is but..

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...heat-monty.htm

Seems to be more of a rumor site.
    I think it is just a rumor site, later in the article she states that she got her info about Oden wanting to be on a rebuilding team from NBA.com, which came from his agent, who basically talked out of both sides of his mouth saying that a rebuilding team might be good, or one with a set, contending roster.

Plus I'm not sure you can call us a rebuilding team anymore.

If we pretend its real, will it happen?? Lol
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    There's only two types of teams, apparently. Of the teams in the running, I'd say we're more of a team on the rebuild than any other save the Kings. But they have the least need for a center, even if they have meathead Cousins.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    As Eman would say, this guy Dell is seriously a supervillian, especially if we get Oden over Miami. He thinks steps ahead like one, lures players into joining forces using his cunning and negotiation skills like one and Im pretty sure he has a pet cat that he strokes while contemplating his plans like Dr. Evil lol
    Last edited by wuggie; 07-27-2013 at 04:41 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I personally think that Scola to Indy might help us. With the East getting a lot stronger, the pressure is a whole lot greater on Miami players. I think its between the Spurs and us.

He better sign here....or else.

He's taking his talents to South Beach. Im 90% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post

Based off of?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Why? Just a hunch or what?

Obviously its a hunch
    SIGN A SF

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    How is that obvious? Someone else asked too... {Mod edit-Inappropriate}...
    Last edited by RekeHavoc; 07-27-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Obviously its a hunch
    Why the percentage then lol? Silliness

I wonder if there's a thirty page thread on oden on the heat's forum?

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    I wonder if there's a thirty page thread on oden on the heat's forum?
    39 pages, actually.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...79a207bd70cd3f

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Yeah I just looked at another Heat website and the general consensus from them is that we'll get him. Some of the more unrealistic guys on the site say that he's "retarded" if he doesn't sign with the heat, but most other guys say they understand whichever team he goes to and that it's most likely between the Heat and Pelicans. A lot of the people surprisingly were very impressed with our offseason. One guy on the site who seemed to have sources claimed that the Heat were prepared to over 2 years and about 3+ million, but now are only offering the vet minimum. He also said he thinks the pelicans are offering an incentive based 3 mil per year deal for 2 years and if that's true, he believes he is going to sign with us. This website also had a ton of pages talking about it. Fans love potential..

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Yeah I just looked at another Heat website and the general consensus from them is that we'll get him. Some of the more unrealistic guys on the site say that he's "retarded" if he doesn't sign with the heat, but most other guys say they understand whichever team he goes to and that it's most likely between the Heat and Pelicans. A lot of the people surprisingly were very impressed with our offseason. One guy on the site who seemed to have sources claimed that the Heat were prepared to over 2 years and about 3+ million, but now are only offering the vet minimum. He also said he thinks the pelicans are offering an incentive based 3 mil per year deal for 2 years and if that's true, he believes he is going to sign with us. This website also had a ton of pages talking about it. Fans love potential..
    link to site?? i want to check it out lol

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    This could be true but like I've said before, I don't know if I've ever seen many, IF ANY, players come out and flatly say it's about the money.

While he's made millions of dollars already, he still knows that there's a huge possibility of this being his very last NBA payday.
    Very true. However, actions speak louder than words, and several teams made offers to Oden after he was cut by Portland, and he turned them all down because he knew he wasn't ready to play. That's why I believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Why the percentage then lol? Silliness
    people add percentages to everything lol

I'm 98% sure he is guessing

im 100 percent sure, I am sick of waiting on oden.
    Hornets fan by Birth, was attending games at 9, in 1988 when they were born. Hornets fan even when they moved. Pelicans fan die hard, Bobcats/Hornets homer.

I expect him to pick us. It has nothing to do with articles or anything like that. We make alot of sense for him, ntm I doubt he's a glory hunter like the media led on.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Yeah I tend to agree. I just see him ending up with us. Also, I think this was the website...http://fans.heat.nba.com/community/i...r-break/page-1

It's hard to scroll through on my phone, not positive this is it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Eh. Technically we still are. We're not a proven team yet, so we kinda still fit in the rebuilding mold.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Eh. Technically we still are. We're not a proven team yet, so we kinda still fit in the rebuilding mold.
    This.

Thread Information