Pelicans Report

Thread: NBA 2K13 TEAM UP ONLINE LEAGUE

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar

NBA 2K13 TEAM UP ONLINE LEAGUE

I just recently found out about online Team Up leagues in 2K12 that people setup websites for where you and 4 of your friends go online and play another team of 5 people in NBA 2k Team Up and then the "manager" of the team posts the stats and score of the game to a forum where they keep up with the records and stats for the league.

I'm not exactly sure where to join one of these leagues or all the details on how they work but I'm very interested in starting or joining one myself when NBA 2k13 comes out.

Please post if you know anything about joining a 2K Team Up league or are interested in joining my team if I figure out a league to join. I am also interested in joining a team if you currently play in a league or finding 4 other HARDCORE 2K players so that we can start our own team. I say hardcore bc I know you have to be online at certain times (somewhat flexible, mostly on weekends) to play these games. If one player on your team is not online when your game is scheduled you have to forfeit the game. These leagues aren't for ball hog players or for people who just play the game for fun. "Cheesers" will be kicked from the league. It is all about having fun, but you have to be dedicated enough to make sure to be online when your games are scheduled. You also need to have a fairly stable internet connection. So if you get kicked offline a lot you might not want to say you want to join until you get that fixed.

Anyway, Let me know if you guys know more about these types of leagues or may be interested in starting a team with me for NBA 2k13. Thanks!

Ps3?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Ps3?
    Yeah. Let me know if you would be interested in starting a team with me. Send me a PM with your PSN name too if you don't mind. We would need to find 3 more RELIABLE people to play. Like I said I don't know much about it right now. I'm researching trying to find a good league to join and how everything works. I think most leagues have 16 teams and you play each team twice in a "season". Most of these leagues have a lot of other rules that they set that you have to follow also for the game to count or your team forfeits the game. If you decide to research it any please let me know what you find out. I'll be out of town all next week.
    Last edited by PrepP; 09-20-2012 at 05:24 PM.

I'd do it, but I'm getting it for Xbox first, and then buying it for PS3 a month or so later when I can buy it cheaper on eBay lol. I'm only getting it for PS3 for this kinda thing.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

I used to be in a clan for COD with guys from high school on PS3and we played on a site where we had to put up stats. Won some money once too. Anyways the website that we used had sports game leagues too. I'm sure they have stuff for 2k, let me see if I can dig it up for you
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I used to be in a clan for COD with guys from high school on PS3and we played on a site where we had to put up stats. Won some money once too. Anyways the website that we used had sports game leagues too. I'm sure they have stuff for 2k, let me see if I can dig it up for you
    That would be awesome. Thanks.

I'm down prep. Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm down prep. Count me in.
    Awesome man. Ill PM you more info when I find out more. If you have any friends that play 2k often that might want to be on a team with us you are more than welcome to invite them to play. I think most leagues also have "free agent" players that you can pick up on your team to fill it in. But id rather try to get enough for a full squad if we can.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    That would be awesome. Thanks.
    http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/

Gamebattles is what we used. That was before it was bought by MLG though. Not really sure how active their sports games are, but COD was always popular

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/

Gamebattles is what we used. That was before it was bought by MLG though. Not really sure how active their sports games are, but COD was always popular
    Thanks Loco. Ill check them out. I read operation sports is a good sure for sports game stuff too.

Let me know when you start. If I have the game, I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    Let me know when you start. If I have the game, I'll do it.
    Ok sounds good.Ill let ya know.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I'm down. I'll be getting the game when it releases since the demo was so good so I'll be available to play as soon as needed

i would like to join by since im in australia the time zones could be a bit mixed up for me

Thread Information