Pelicans Report

Thread: Who should the Pelicans 2018-2019 coach be?

Who should the Pelicans 2018-2019 coach be?

If we want to keep AD and Boogie, and possibly keep Boogie's head on strait, I say we hire a John Calipare. He has made it known that he would be open to coaching again in the NBA, and unlike his last go around, I think he is smart enough to know that he can't do it all.

He seems like a logical fit as well if we want to sell free agents on coming here. Hell, it seems like 60% of the NBA played for him, and few of his former players have ever had an issue with him.

Who do you think the team should go after for the Head Coach job next year?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Hire Monty

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Not Gentry.

Whoever our new 2018-2019 GM hires.

Me

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Whoever our new 2018-2019 GM hires.
    This!
    RIP FlyGirl

Bundle deal only.....new GM and head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Bundle deal only.....new GM and head coach.
    You mean the head coach is the GM?

When had that ever worked in the NBA?

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthgrove View Post
    Rondo
    I support this! Watching Rondo while he was injured made me think he would be a great coach. Anyone besides Gentry and Dell. I could support a Coach Cal and Joe D. Coach/GM bundle as well.

Coach Cal is the only person that I would consider being coach and GM. JVG would be interesting, but I agree whoever the GM wants to hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm stuck in Ogden Park mode and I still believe that Dell's teams never had a chance to prove themselves. It is really telling to me that hard heads like Gordon and Reke Havoc have thrived in the roles Dell envisioned for them originally. I want a coach that can maximize talent on this roster. I think this roster is proving itself despite significant adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    I'm stuck in Ogden Park mode and I still believe that Dell's teams never had a chance to prove themselves. It is really telling to me that hard heads like Gordon and Reke Havoc have thrived in the roles Dell envisioned for them originally. I want a coach that can maximize talent on this roster. I think this roster is proving itself despite significant adversity.
    While some of the Dell team has never been healthy veiw point has merit he has made a ton of terribly puzzling decision that have not worked out. He alienated Gordon behind a contract that he eventually matched. He re-signed Asik who has no place on a team coached by Gentry. And to me his biggest issue is he traded away any flexiblity in a rush to build a solid team that's been anything but solid.

I meant both have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You mean the head coach is the GM?

When had that ever worked in the NBA?

Thread Information