Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Proposed trade

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Yea. This was it. My bad. Still, I'd say that if they valued him the same as Gordon then they think fairly highly of him.
    That isn't what it was. It was Gordon or the Minny pick (we ended up getting both because Demps is a G). Like I said above, we got to choose between Bledsoe and Aminu. We chose Aminu because of his upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    oh really? b/t aminu & bledsoe? I guess we messed up.
    You can say that again! Hindsight is 20-20, though, and Aminu was the right choice at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    That isn't what it was. It was Gordon or the Minny pick (we ended up getting both because Demps and Stern is a G). Like I said above, we got to choose between Bledsoe and Aminu. We chose Aminu because of his upside.

You can say that again! Hindsight is 20-20, though, and Aminu was the right choice at the time.
    Fixed

It's hard to say what exactly we where asking for from the Clips. At one time we even asked for Gordon, Minny 1st Round Pick, Aminu, Kaman, AND Bledsoe.

Could we have swapped Aminu for Bledsoe? Possibly. But at the time Bledose was just as much a question mark as Aminu was.

Very true^. I think he was recovering from a torn ACL at the tome.

Clippers claim they never offered Bledsoe.

Also it's laughable if you think that gets Bledsoe. He's still under a rookie deal next season and a possible QO year after that. He's too good on too small a year not to keep him unless they get an unbelievable deal that gets them the pieces for a title.

This isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Clippers claim they never offered Bledsoe.

Also it's laughable if you think that gets Bledsoe. He's still under a rookie deal next season and a possible QO year after that. He's too good on too small a year not to keep him unless they get an unbelievable deal that gets them the pieces for a title.

This isn't it.
    People said the same thing about Darren Collison when we had him, and all we got for him was Ariza. Collison was hot **** when we traded him, and everyone thought he'd develop into a top-15 PG. Now, he isn't even with the team we traded him to anymore. Perspective.

Also, I view Bledsoe's ceiling as a more athletic Kyle Lowry, and Lowry only makes $6 million over the next 2 years, and he basically got ran out of Houston.

And of course LAC claimed they never offered Bledsoe, but the reality is that we didn't want him because a) he had a horrible rookie season, and b) he just came off of meniscus surgery. The 49ers claim they never pursued Peyton Manning this off season (complete lie), and that Alex Smith was their starting QB for the next few years, and he was benched a couple of weeks ago for Colin Kaepernick. Teams lie all the time. Stop twisting the evidence.

With Chris Paul playing 38 minutes/game in the playoffs, and Billups as his backup/playing some SG, Bledsoe would never even see the court. Lopez and Vasquez make them a much better team, and this move would prime them for a deep playoff run. FACT.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 12-10-2012 at 08:58 PM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    As right at you maybe, they can get more than that for Blesoe if they decide to deal him.

E
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    Attachment 4517
    Attachment 4518

would anybody want either of these?
    would either team do those?
    Kings and Jazz would hang up on Dell. However, I REALLY want Tyreke!

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    E
    Kings and Jazz would hang up on Dell. However, I REALLY want Tyreke!
    haha yeah thats what i figured. I was hoping someone would tell me they were going to lose those guys in free agency anyway, so they might consider trading for some bench depth at least..but i guess im just dreaming

The Franchise
    Eric Gordon and Vazquez
    For
    Calderon and DeRozan?
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That trade isn't bad if derozan plays the three, and rivers moves to the two permanently, with Calderón at point, but the squad will look an awful lot like the raptors with rivers being barbosa, Anderson being barngiani, and AD being a taller and better offensive option of amir Johnson, but the ceiling of that team is an 8 seed, much like when Bosh played with the raptors

Thread Information