Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Sports report pelicans name is the name {merged}

Glad I kept my avatar!! LIKE A BOSS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Get over it. Stop crying like a female dog. If this is our name, accept it. Get on board with it. We're the birds you love you hate now!
    I'll get over it but honestly right now is just my grieving period lol that and trying to survive the text and tweets from my out of state friends..

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    This.. now everyone settle down. we knew this was coming, been waiting and speculating about the name for months.

I dont think its so bad. I would of rather had brass,but its whatever. I am all for that pelican logo someone posted above thats nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Screw what other people think, it's New Orleans.
    Now you know people care what others think. What they don't realize is that those very people didn't like us as Hornets either. Sure, they'll point and laugh today, but in about a year or two, they'll go back to not caring.

I must say, that logo Atarwii posted looks sharp. Will that be the real logo?

J.A. Adande ‏@jadande
    Of the alternate choices (per @SpearsNBAYahoo ) New Orleans Krewe would have been the best

Adande knows whats up

The Krewe and Brass are wayyy more New Orleans than the Pelicans and the team is in New Orleans but supported by the Gulf coast. The Krewe or Brass would have been better but I'm with the team regardless of the name.

Man...

But "PennStatePelican" is 1 character too many for my username

Only thing I will miss is Hugo. Hopefully we can still do some Mardi Gras unis during Carnival
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

@HunnyB can you merge the two threads if possible

Quote Originally Posted by kaitos. View Post
    wow way to drive more players away from wanting to join us
    Players do not give two ****s about the mascot. I'm sure being a Pacer was a huge factor in DWest joining Indiana bc a Pacer is just sooo intimidating. The only name that's drive away players is something as stupid as ArcAngel. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateHornet View Post
    But "PennStatePelican" is 1 character too many for my username

Only thing I will miss is Hugo. Hopefully we can still do some Mardi Gras unis during Carnival

Right.... I wish they would have just used the Mardi Gras colors. That would have been dope

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    @HunnyB can you merge the two threads if possible
    Done.

The name isn't terrible, it can be shortened to Pels and drawn in script on hats and other team paraphernalia, besides, there are dumber names in pro sports, such as Lakers, or Knickerbockers, if those teams weren't n LA and NY, those names would be seen as dumb. The name is equal to Bucks, or Spurs, not terrible, not great, but sensible. Anything can be made cool through proper marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Get over it. Stop crying like a female dog. If this is our name, accept it. Get on board with it. We're the birds you love you hate now!
    My chain of reactions:

Are you freaking serious?

Not impressed....

And now I'm pouting....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I hope he changes his mind, and keeps Hornets. If not I will still like the team.

Let me predict your future reaction:

goddamn people are going off on twitter.. im sorry eman and AD, i hate this name

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Someone just suggested this name leak could be a ploy by Benson to gauge the waters. See how fans react. Cuz there's been no official confirmation.

Well, if you're reading this post Mr. Benson, I'll support Pelicans, but I'd rather be the Krewe of New Orleans or Brass more. Just sweeter names to me.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    It will grow on me I'm sure, but I really liked Brass.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Let me predict your future reaction:

Oh yeah, I'll eventually get over it, but it will be more like apathy rather than excitement. That isn't a good thing....

the name pelicans will be the laughing stock of the league it seems

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    goddamn people are going off on twitter.. im sorry eman and AD, i hate this name
    Don't be sorry for having an opinion. Of course people are gonna be upset right when it's announced. You don't get over something right when it happens. Time will change that.

As long as it comes out Black and Gold, I'm a'ight with it. Way better than Krewe or Bounce or some of the other ones nominated. Definitely Louisiana.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm sure no one was crazy about Thunder either. But being a title contender does wonders for your brand.

Rather be something else, but we'll see.

Thread Information