Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 3

I think that the New Orleans team should have old gold as a color as opposed to yellow cold. It would be in keeping of the old gold of the Saints. Instead of black I think the NBA team should incorporate some shade of purple with the old gold. What the other color aside from white should be I can not think of but I do for sure like the idea of old gold and some shade of purple.

I for one love the color teal as well as the logo from the Charlotte days and the name. You people can have whatever you want to have and let Charlotte have EVERYTHING it had before back. Well everything except the players from that final season since none of them are part of the Hornets anymore. Personally I feel teal is one of the coolest colors in sports or anywhere for that matter. You can have whatever you wish just give the people of Charlotte back what has always belonged to them.

I am surprised however that when people try to come up with original sports team colors they never mention turquoise which I also think is a bad *** color. I like the idea of old gold and turquoise as opposed to the typical colors one would want to add to the old gold. It is your state and your city so all y'all will have to have something that works for you. I hope most of you get something you all can agree on.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCatsFanInTx View Post
    I for one love the color teal as well as the logo from the Charlotte days and the name. You people can have whatever you want to have and let Charlotte have EVERYTHING it had before back. Well everything except the players from that final season since none of them are part of the Hornets anymore. Personally I feel teal is one of the coolest colors in sports or anywhere for that matter. You can have whatever you wish just give the people of Charlotte back what has always belonged to them.

I am surprised however that when people try to come up with original sports team colors they never mention turquoise which I also think is a bad *** color. I like the idea of old gold and turquoise as opposed to the typical colors one would want to add to the old gold. It is your state and your city so all y'all will have to have something that works for you. I hope most of you get something you all can agree on.
    Teal is hardly original. A bunch of teams were using it in the late 80's/early 90's.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Banned
    teals played out

Hall of Famer
    Uh-oh, is somebody in here talking crap about one of my 90's colors? *gets shotgun*

Teal's a great color, but yeah, the Hornets and San Jose Sharks have cornered the market on that color, so when the Hornets name leaves, the teal should go with it (even though the teal we used was a different shade....whatever). However, Creole Blue is most certainly not teal, trust me on this. It's a very shiny and rich cerulean blue, but it's nowhere near green enough to be teal. It's really just a shiny version of OKC's blue.

June 6: New Orleans Sportsmen
    June 5: New Orleans Governors
    June 4: New Orleans Trumpters
    June 3: New Orleans Maskers
    June 2: New Orleans Misfits
    June 1: New Orleans Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Uh-oh, is somebody in here talking crap about one of my 90's colors? *gets shotgun*

Teal's a great color, but yeah, the Hornets and San Jose Sharks have cornered the market on that color, so when the Hornets name leaves, the teal should go with it (even though the teal we used was a different shade....whatever). However, Creole Blue is most certainly not teal, trust me on this. It's a very shiny and rich cerulean blue, but it's nowhere near green enough to be teal. It's really just a shiny version of OKC's blue.
    Don't forget the Marlins!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Here is a version of them in red, black and gold

Beautiful, just beautiful
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Damn, that's what I was trying to say that the Knights would work with NO....Great BigDub!

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

What color scheme did you use for the Pelicans? I hope you put the kubosh on that stupid black and gold crap.

must admit red black and gold looks pretty nice together

Also one thing the new jersey design should have is that the jersey should include the name of the city, not the nickname of the team on the away jersey at a bare minimum. For example, New Orleans should be displayed on the away jersey and I prefer it on home as well, not Knights or Pelicans or whatever the name will be. I know some teams don't employ that philosophy but that may be a combination of their name, logo and the number of characters of their city (San Antonio and Los Angeles) for example. We all want to represent our city and I hope New Orleans is on the jersey for both away and home as it is now.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    What color scheme did you use for the Pelicans? I hope you put the kubosh on that stupid black and gold crap.
    I think he said something involving red as well.
    Wherehappens.

The Artist    Contributor   
    No, it's a completely different color scheme. It's not purple, green or gold, but it fit's us, trust me!

I think he said something involving red as well.
    No, no red!

Also one thing the new jersey design should have is that the jersey should include the name of the city, not the nickname of the team on the away jersey at a bare minimum. For example, New Orleans should be displayed on the away jersey and I prefer it on home as well, not Knights or Pelicans or whatever the name will be. I know some teams don't employ that philosophy but that may be a combination of their name, logo and the number of characters of their city (San Antonio and Los Angeles) for example. We all want to represent our city and I hope New Orleans is on the jersey for both away and home as it is now.
    I hear where you're coming from. For that reason, I worked out a way to incorporate both names onto the jersey, home and away, without it looking cluttered.

Bigdub has done alot of fine work on here and we have had many good attempts from posters coming up with a good name.

Now, the obvious fits are Jazz and Voodoo which are taken. For Mardi Gras, the Carnival would be the best, but that may not fly with others.

Pelicans, Brass, and Knights are ok. They're not obvious fits and not too creative, but still pretty solid.

But in the end, we all know which design was Bigdub's best work. It was obviously his Arcangel design. By far, his most dynamic concept.

Arcangel isn't an obvious fit, but its the most creative and dynamic and encompasses NOLA and basketball. Its a powerful theme and Bigdub's design confirmed it. The Royal blue, gold, and white is the way to go. The mascot would be cool, and its simply more epic than using the other names including Angels which is just a half-*** effort. Let's not settle for anything less. The new name must be epic......

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Bigdub has done alot of fine work on here and we have had many good attempts from posters coming up with a good name.

Now, the obvious fits are Jazz and Voodoo which are taken. For Mardi Gras, the Carnival would be the best, but that may not fly with others.

Pelicans, Brass, and Knights are ok. They're not obvious fits and not too creative, but still pretty solid.

But in the end, we all know which design was Bigdub's best work. It was obviously his Arcangel design. By far, his most dynamic concept.

Arcangel isn't an obvious fit, but its the most creative and dynamic and encompasses NOLA and basketball. Its a powerful theme and Bigdub's design confirmed it. The Royal blue, gold, and white is the way to go. The mascot would be cool, and its simply more epic than using the other names including Angels which is just a half-*** effort. Let's not settle for anything less. The new name must be epic......
    LOL...You know just because I saw that you started commenting on this thread again, I decided to re-visit that concept logo wise. I'm looking to streamline it a bit and working on some uniforms as well! Keep hope alive my friend!

LOL...You know just because I saw that you started commenting on this thread again, I decided to re-visit that concept logo wise. I'm looking to streamline it a bit and working on some uniforms as well! Keep hope alive my friend!
    Until we get an official rebrand which I will support regardless of what name/logo is used, I will always support the Arcangel concept!!!!!!!!!

I really liked your Knights design. Great stuff.

Here are the sketches that turned into the Knights concept. This is pretty much where the magic happens before I fine tune them in Illustrator.

Here is the design that I never got to digitize for the Pilots concept. It took a while for me to find the right idea on where I wanted to go with it. Basically just a pilot steering the ship with the team name underneath. The secondary logo was going to be a riverboat wheel.

Since I'm not considering pitching the Corsairs concept anymore, here were the logos that I came up for them using Jean Lafitte as the inspiration for the alternate.

That Knights logo is pretty well. I even like your Pilots logo. I see the potential in that. Pilots is a solid name too.

Isn't it Archangel though? or is it a play on words? plus, What's the sword for?
    Last edited by BeeBall Reasons; 06-07-2012 at 12:48 AM.

You should do a boat wheel with the spokes in the shape of a basketball for the pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    You should do a boat wheel with the spokes in the shape of a basketball for the pilots.
    The secondary logo was going to be a riverboat wheel.
    Isn't it Archangel tough? or is it a play on words? plus, What's the sword for?
    pow

alright cool thanks for clearing that up

June 7: New Orleans Defenders
    June 6: New Orleans Sportsmen
    June 5: New Orleans Governors
    June 4: New Orleans Trumpters
    June 3: New Orleans Maskers
    June 2: New Orleans Misfits
    June 1: New Orleans Desire

Since I'm not considering pitching the Corsairs concept anymore, here were the logos that I came up for them using Jean Lafitte as the inspiration for the alternate.

Yes, YES, Mardi Gras colors! Although Jean Lafitte sorta looking like Ron Jeremy, there~ Although I see the portrait you're using as the source. Maybe go with that frontal painting where his hat is sort of angled over his brow.
    Last edited by Unknown Poster; 06-07-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Thread Information