Pelicans Report

Thread: Tied for 5th now...

Tied for 5th now...

1 game out of 3rd.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    1 game out of 3rd.

Carry on.
    Have blown quite a few winnable games... should be 3rd already!

Doing good though. Nice to be winning!
    '' We are here!!''

Technically, they aren't "tied" for 5th. They are in 7th due to tie breakers and stuff. They lost to Portland and Denver.

I'm cool with the 5th moniker. Talking about tie breakers this early in the season when we also still play those teams again seems stretchier than just saying we're tied for 5th.

I'm also cool with our position. We are the newest team in that group. Only AD, Moore, and Dante have experience with this team at the positions they are currently slotted. Actually.....not even Dante. We didn't have Rondo. Still don't have Hill. Yeah. For us to be tied for 5th at what should be our lowest point is good.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    For us to be tied for 5th at what should be our lowest point is good.
    Yeah exactly this. Everyone should be knocking on the hardest wood possible in the hopes AD or Cousins doesn't go down for an extended period but this first month of basketball should be our hardest stretch of the season. The injuries wiping out 1/3 of our roster, not having a healthy backup center, being down 2 starters and two games without 3. This being a new team with a ton of pieces just getting here and trying to change the offense.

We've already had a lot of adversity and to be sitting two games above 500, 1 game out of 3rd is a pretty amazing start to the season.

Twice this season we have already had stretches of winning 7 of the last 10. That has rarely happened since AD arrived. It's time to sit back and enjoy the winning!

And yeah, no point in looking at tie breakers yet since we play those teams several more times.

Like I said, hold down home court as best as possible and beat the under 500 teams on the road and your looking at a really successful season. Possibly top 3 or 4.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yeah exactly this. Everyone should be knocking on the hardest wood possible in the hopes AD or Cousins doesn't go down for an extended period but this first month of basketball should be our hardest stretch of the season. The injuries wiping out 1/3 of our roster, not having a healthy backup center, being down 2 starters and two games without 3. This being a new team with a ton of pieces just getting here and trying to change the offense.

We've already had a lot of adversity and to be sitting two games above 500, 1 game out of 3rd is a pretty amazing start to the season.
    It nice being where we are and not starting 1-10. The best part is we are still trying to figure things out so we should get better. Couple small moves and some injured players coming back could really do wonders. Wondering what Asik has been working on while he's been out. Hopefully getting softer and stronger hands (like being able to catch passes and hold onto rebounds after he gets them).

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Wondering what Asik has been working on while he's been out.
    Probably trying not to die. It wasn't like he injured himself. Dude had / still has a very serious condition.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Probably trying not to die. It wasn't like he injured himself. Dude had / still has a very serious condition.
    I'm not criticizing him on his health. I wish the best for anyone, I'm just talking about basketball. Just being healthy is good but doesn't help the team if he can't play well. The biggest criticism I have with him was he could never catch a pass and always got the ball stolen from him after a rebound. Clean those up and I think he'll be productive.

Thread Information