Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA Draft Class update - 1st round

2012 NBA Draft Class update - 1st round

Offensive Rating/Defensive Rating, Offensive Win Shares/Defensive Win Shares, Win Shares, Win Shares per 48 minutes

1. Anthony Davis - 109/105, 0.9/0.6, 1.5, 0.130

2. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 109/110, 1.2/0.4, 1.6, 0.091

3. Bradley Beal - 94/106, -0.3/0.8, 0.4, 0.027

4. Dion Waiters - 94/109, -0.3/0.4, 0.1, -.004

5. Thomas Robinson - 87/107, -0.4/0.3, -0.1, -0.013 (That's awful for a 3 year college player)

6. Damian Lillard - 108/110, 1.9/0.4, 2.3, 0.102

7. Harrison Barnes - 101/105, 0.3/0.8, 1.1, 0.070

8. Terrence Ross - 95/109, -0.1/0.3, 0.2, .016

9. Andre Drummond - 114/98, 1.1/1.2, 2.3, 0.178 (What a surprise he's been)

10. Austin Rivers - 87/113, -0.8,0.1, -0.7, -0.043

11. Meyers Leonard - 117/107, 0.8/0.4, 1.2, 0.115

12. Jeremy Lamb - 107/108, 0.1/0.0, 0.1, 0.098 (limited playing time)

13. Kendall Marshall - 65/115, -0.1/0.0, -0.1, -0.150 (limited playing time thankfully)

14. John Henson - 97/103, 0.0/0.2, 0.3, 0.066 (limited playing time)

15. Mo Harkless - 98/100, 0.1/0.8, 0.085 (not bad at all for a young pup like him)

16. Royce White (wasted pick)

17. Tyler Zeller - 97/108, 0.0/0.5, 0.4, 0.031

18. Terrence Jones - 104/106, 0.1/0.1, 0.2, 0.089 (limited playing time)

19. Andrew Nicholson - 105/103, 0.5/0.5, 1.0, 0.116

20. Evan Fournier - 97/110, 0.0/0.0, 0.018 (limited playing time)

21. Jared Sullinger - 112/102, 0.8/0.7, 1.5, 0.135 (not surprised how productive he's been)

22. Fab Melo -

23. John Jenkins - 108/107, 0.1/0.1, 0.2, 0.115 (limited playing time so far, but the Hawks are using him more now)

24. Jared Cunningham - 98/109, 0.0/0.0, 0.0, 0.035 (limited playing time)

25. Tony Wroten - 19/95, -0.1/0.0, -0.1, -0.332 (only 3 games)

26. Miles Plumlee - 90/99, 0.0/0.0, 0.037 (6 games)

27. Arnett Moultrie - 104/106, 0.0/0.1, 0.1, 0.077 (11 games)

28. Perry Jones - 52/105, -0.4/0.1, -0.3, -0.176 (10 games)

29. Marquis Teague - 91/105, -0.1/0.1, 0.0, 0.017 (15 games)

Highest Offensive Win Shares - Lillard

Highest Defensive Win Shares - Drummond

Highest Win Shares - Lillard/Drummond

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I remember a lot of people(not just on this site) saying that dell was crazy for not picking Royce White at #10. Especially a certain local NOLA beat writer.

So Let's rate your top 3 in ROY performnces knowing this:

Lillard
    Davis
    Drummond
    MKG?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Royce White is a complicated picture to paint. Im not sure if the rockets are the problem or if he is. He clearly doesn't "Love" basketball though.

We were SOOOO close to pairing Davis and Drummond for the future it drives me nuts!!! oh well

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    We were SOOOO close to pairing Davis and Drummond for the future it drives me nuts!!! oh well
    Don't remind me! that was really upsetting. We could have also had Drummond coming off the bench behind Lopez doing the same thing until he was ready.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    So Let's rate your top 3 in ROY performnces knowing this:

Lillard
    Davis
    Drummond
    MKG?
    Drummond
    Lillard
    Davis
    MKG
    Sullinger

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Drummond
    Lillard
    Davis
    MKG
    Sullinger
    Does Drummond play enough mpg in your opinion to receive the award? I don't think so due to only playing 19 MPG. Lillard, Davis and MKG have a lot more being asked of them. Which is why i put them ahead.

Drummond comes in and stands by the basket on both ends for the entire 19 minutes that he is out there.

His per minutes stats are great because all he does is get layups and dunks, but he is not even in the running for the award IMO.

He is a 3rd down pass rusher. He is asked to do one thing and he does it well, but he doesn't really help his team outside of that. Cant play him at end of games because of his free throw shooting and cant dump the ball down to him in the post or kick it out to him for a mid range jumper.

He is doing fine for what he is being asked to do, but he shouldn't be in consideration for ROY
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Drummond comes in and stands by the basket on both ends for the entire 19 minutes that he is out there.

His per minutes stats are great because all he does is get layups and dunks, but he is not even in the running for the award IMO.

He is a 3rd down pass rusher. He is asked to do one thing and he does it well, but he doesn't really help his team outside of that. Cant play him at end of games because of his free throw shooting and cant dump the ball down to him in the post or kick it out to him for a mid range jumper.

He is doing fine for what he is being asked to do, but he shouldn't be in consideration for ROY

Aka: DeAndre Jordan

ROY is a meaningless award anyway. Just a way for the media members to make themselves feel important.

Anyway. Lillard doesn't play any defense. That's a negative on him.

Drummond gets dunks and layups because of his size and athleticism. Also, he rebounds very well and his defensive rating is good. He averages 7/7 off the bench which is impressive to me. I'm not saying he deserves ROY, but he's impressed me a lot. Davis hasn't been nearly as good since coming back from his ankle injury.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

If you don't watch him play then you shouldn't post. Drummond gets after it on both ends of the court. He is doing far more than just standing by the basket.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I knew Drummond would be solid. Even if all he does is guard the paint. What more should he be doing? Not gonna take the ball out of Greg Monroe's hands.

ROY is a meaningless award anyway. Just a way for the media members to make themselves feel important.
    To back up this statement Oakafor won ROTY over D Howard lol. We all saw how that turned out

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I knew Drummond would be solid. Even if all he does is guard the paint. What more should he be doing? Not gonna take the ball out of Greg Monroe's hands.
    I am not saying he is bad. Not at all. Just that he shouldn't be in the running for ROY. I would love a guy like that on our team, but he is severely limited at this stage of his career, while Davis and Lillard impact all aspects of the game

Anyway. Lillard doesn't play any defense. That's a negative on him.

Drummond gets dunks and layups because of his size and athleticism. Also, he rebounds very well and his defensive rating is good. He averages 7/7 off the bench which is impressive to me. I'm not saying he deserves ROY, but he's impressed me a lot. Davis hasn't been nearly as good since coming back from his ankle injury.
    Davis's averages before the ankle injury are almost identical to what he's done after the injury. He's at 14/8.6 in December.

It's a joke that people actually would consider Drummond for ROY right now for only averaging 7/7. He'll never get consistent minutes in this league with how poor he shoots from the line. He's at 40.6%, yet that's still far greater than what he averaged in college.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    It's a joke that people actually would consider Drummond for ROY right now for only averaging 7/7. He'll never get consistent minutes in this league with how poor he shoots from the line. He's at 40.6%, yet that's still far greater than what he averaged in college.
    It depends on what he does on the court. If he's a 20-10 guy he'll get minutes. Shaq had a few .480 something FT years but he was so dominant on the court he stayed in. for the record I am in now way saying Drummond will be in the same breath as Shaq, just saying if he's a productive guy he would just need to raise that FT % 10 points to be worth it to leave on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Davis's averages before the ankle injury are almost identical to what he's done after the injury. He's at 14/8.6 in December.

No one is considering Drummond ROY.
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 12-30-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Royce White is refusing to play because he believes the Rockets have no support for his illness. Just refused a D-League assignment. If he played, wouldnt mind having him to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcuc View Post
    Royce White is refusing to play because he believes the Rockets have no support for his illness. Just refused a D-League assignment. If he played, wouldnt mind having him to be honest.
    He has an illness, but he's not doing anyone any favors either. If he really wants to play basketball then he will be.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcuc View Post
    It's not like he can guard a 3. Not sure where he fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    It's not like he can guard a 3. Not sure where he fits in.
    On Madden's bus.

Quote Originally Posted by sipclip View Post
    If you don't watch him play then you shouldn't post. Drummond gets after it on both ends of the court. He is doing far more than just standing by the basket.
    Yeah I'm sorry Micheal but if you are watching Drummond you would see he contributes much more than fhat. It's funny you are taking shots because all he does is dunk, yet Davis has a much higher rate of assisted baskets. Dude already looks like a top tier offensive rebounder. He is on a team that has plenty of players looking for their own offense.

The few times he has gotten the ball in position to attack he has looked great. Once Franks takes the chains off of AD he may end up better than even I thought.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 12-31-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Look at the :33 mark and the 1:20 mark. This is a guy who is 6'11 and 278lbs. That lateral movement, explosiveness, touch, balance, ball-handling, and body control are quality for a guard, but it's mind blowing for a center with his size and strength.

I agree he shouldn't win the award playing limited mins. However this guy even with his mental lapse has been unbelievable scary way more than any other rookie I've seen all year.

Thread Information