Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hornets TV Schedule {merged}

Hornets TV Schedule {merged}

Does anyone know the channel location for Hornets basketball now that CST is no longer carrying it?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    It's going to be Fox Sports New Orleans, which has not gone live yet.

Will that be on Cox Cable?

Dont feel like watching games on my laptop like I have to do with the Texans sometimes
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Hornets TV Schedule

Heard this morning on WWL that Cox will have the channel but, SURPRISE, Charter has not come to an agreement to carry the channel. When it comes down to it, I think Charter will have it as we'll as Directv and Dish Network. It's just frustrating that we are still having the same problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by triplela View Post
    Heard this morning on WWL that Cox will have the channel but, SURPRISE, Charter has not come to an agreement to carry the channel. When it comes down to it, I think Charter will have it as we'll as Directv and Dish Network. It's just frustrating that we are still having the same problems.
    OMG And I just switched to Charter. Man would it suck not to get the channel as soon as the games start.

What is confusing is that FS New Orleans will basically take the place of FS Southwest on all local systems - my understanding was that if you got FSSW (which Charter, DirecTV, etc. all do), you would get FSNOLA instead when it goes live.

Same company owns both networks - same deal should be in place - it should be a matter of flipping the switch from FSSW to FSNOLA for Charter.

But knowing the history - nothing will surprise me.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Hornets TV Schedule

The games should be seen on Charter right away. Charter has Fox Sports SW. The Hornets will be shown on Fox Sports SW in Louisiana since that network lost the Rockets.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Hornets TV regular season

Does anyone know what channel the regular season games will be broadcast on the Northshore on U-verse? I can't seem to find the channel. I sure hope we'll get the games. Looking forward to the season.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar

Wow seriously? Freaking Charter. Same old problems. Like Sli said, this shouldn't be an issue

Not sure how much I'd trust WWL...it's just as likely they found some press release from 2 years ago referring to CST/Charter problems.

What channel...

What channel will the games be on during the regular season? I heard it would be on Fox, but that would take away a ton of programming.

I have DirecTV... but this is a general question.

fox sports new orleans

Is that a new channel?

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    Is that a new channel?
    It's a new channel but they haven't really confirmed what channel number it will be.

I am 32 Contributor

Breaking News DIRECTV will have FOX SPORTS new orleans

on 678 and 678-1
    Fox sports new home for the hornets

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsfan29m View Post
    on 678 and 678-1
    link?

On Oct. 31, Fox Sports Southwest, the regional sports network currently serving the New Orleans market, will be relaunched as Fox Sports New Orleans, coinciding with the start of the Hornets’ 2012-13 season. It will become the 21st RSN in the Fox Sports family.
    http://sportsvideo.org/main/blog/201...s-new-orleans/

Fox Sports Southwest on Cox is currently channel 38. So if this quote is true, the new FSNO channel for Cox viewers should be channel 38.

Whomever your cable provider is, it seems whichever channel that is currently your FSSW, should become FSNO on Oct. 31.

I am 32 Contributor
    look on the guide

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I have moved to Thibodaux, and now not only had to give up my Hornets season tickets, but also had to switch to Charter. Kill me now.

Fox Sports New Orleans Details

There will be approximately 75 games every season, but there is no `No Game Left Behind’ policy.

All games will be broadcast in 720p, just like the Rangers, etc. (this is partially based on this conversation and partially based on research on the technical information about broadcasts of other teams). The graphics, sound, and look-and-feel will be familiar to those who have watched Fox Sports Southwest professional sports broadcasts.

The full launch will be on October 31st, but there will be a soft launch prior to that.

Anyone who had access to Fox Sports Southwest or Fox Sports Houston and is in the Fox Sports New Orleans territory will have access to Fox Sports New Orleans, thus, Hornets games, pending distribution deals.

The Fox Sports New Orleans territory includes parts of Eastern Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida through at least Panama City.

Hornets games will be available on Fox Sports New Orleans and other Fox Sports Regional Sports Network to be determined on a market-by-market basis and subject to team exclusivity rules extending out approximately 75 miles from home territories.

All providers in Louisiana currently carry Fox Sports Southwest, per Mr. Heidtke, and these will carry Fox Sports New Orleans on the same channel your provider currently uses for Fox Sports Southwest, subject to the decisions of distributors.

Fox Sports New Orleans will be available in the New Orleans Area on Cox, Dish, DirecTV, and AT&T. Charter is still being negotiated. There were too many to distributors to ask about, but, in general, if you have Fox Sports Southwest and are in the territory described above, you will likely have Fox Sports New Orleans. If you are in the territory but do not have Fox Sports Southwest, you will likely keep your current Fox Sports Regional Sports Network but will have access to Hornets games to at least some extent when there is not a conflict. Authorized users on Charter accounts can call 1-888-438-2427 to express your opinion on programming, per a Charter representative.
    http://www.hornets247.com/2012/10/12...leans-details/

Hornets TV Schedule {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    Good find. I had thought it would be 680 because I have seen LA high school game of the week(with CST branding/score box on there the past couple of weeks. In any event, it's great to see Fox Sports New Orleans coming to Directv.

Now to get really greedy, 42, did the type of carriage of FS New Orleans come up in the conversation? What I mean is , will it be a full time channel or will it be a "game only" carried channel, similar to how FS Houston was carried. We got the Astros games but no other programming such as Astros Insider or Texans Huddle. Will we get the coaches shows and/or high school programming that is New Orleans specific that is mentioned in the press releases?

Again, great write up on the 24/7 site and thanks for your work in this area.

In addition to supplemental feature programming, Fox Sports New Orleans will air Hornets Live pregame and postgame shows around each game, hosted in the Dallas studios by Steven Howard.

“We are in the process of developing more hyper-local programming in Louisiana,” adds Anastassiou. “We have already struck a deal with the Louisiana High School Association, which includes producing the state’s high school football championships, and additional Olympic sports. Also, we have quite a bit of SEC programming through deals struck with sister stations.”
    Fox Sports has a rights deal in place with Conference USA, which includes New Orleans-based Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    In addition to supplemental feature programming, Fox Sports New Orleans will air Hornets Live pregame and postgame shows around each game, hosted in the Dallas studios by Steven Howard.

“We are in the process of developing more hyper-local programming in Louisiana,” adds Anastassiou. “We have already struck a deal with the Louisiana High School Association, which includes producing the state’s high school football championships, and additional Olympic sports. Also, we have quite a bit of SEC programming through deals struck with sister stations.”
    Fox Sports has a rights deal in place with Conference USA, which includes New Orleans-based Tulane.
    You would have to think they are working towards pre/post game shows from the Benson Tower studios...at least I hope.
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

Quote Originally Posted by geaux View Post
    You would have to think they are working towards pre/post game shows from the Benson Tower studios...at least I hope.
    I agree. I certainly didn't expect it to be from Dallas studios.

Thread Information