Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gordon and Rivers were both "full" at practice today/No guarantee for opener

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    To be honest, I really don't understand this.

Is this pain a residual effect from the previous injury/surgery that will eventually wear off, or is he still injured?
    I think it is all in his head or his attitude.

Let's give EG some time, this pain won't last forever. I don't think he's the type of guy who's simulating.
    Rivers will benefit from that to grow as player.
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

When can EJ be traded again? Getting fed up with his constant whining, he's not a leader.
    Let him go to Phoenix.. To be honest, I'd rather 82 games of Jared Dudley than 30 games of Gordon.

Funny how he was fine for the Olympics....

Puddin'

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    When can EJ be traded again? Getting fed up with his constant whining, he's not a leader.
    Let him go to Phoenix.. To be honest, I'd rather 82 games of Jared Dudley than 30 games of Gordon.

We can trade him ASAP we just can't trade him to Pheonix while he's under this contract. Also he has a no trade clause for the reminder of the year.

Re: Gordon and Rivers were both "full" at practice today/No guarantee for opener

Did I miss something? He hasn't whined since he signed a contract with us. I don't get the assumption that many have made that sitting out of practice is his choice.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    Did I miss something? He hasn't whined since he signed a contract with us. I don't get the assumption that many have made that sitting out of practice is his choice.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2
    People love to complain. That, and they are ignorant of how the injury procedure works, so they think it is all Gordon's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    People love to complain. That, and they are ignorant of how the injury procedure works, so they think it is all Gordon's fault.
    Exactly, i've played football and been injured several times, rehabbing and getting back into game shape are the toughest parts but necessary.Trainers hold players out even tho they want to play, also eric gordon is an investment, you must protect your investment in order to reap the benefits of it, as much as i want to see him bringing him along slowly is the rite thing

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I'll go ahead on record and say Gordon plays under 60 games this year. If I'm wrong, so be it.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    I'll go ahead on record and say Gordon plays under 60 games this year. If I'm wrong, so be it.
    If you're wrong, we're all happy. If you're right; well, i wouldnt bet against you in this.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Can't believe this dude. I'm moving on without him and focusing on Davis, Anderson, Rivers, and the rest of the gang.

Wow, pretty short sighted here guys.

Would you prefer him to average 35 minutes a game for the first two weeks and reaggravate this injury? He is talking about the entire season. IT IS CALLED COMMON SENSE---- Take it slow at first. Test it out, see what you can handle.... don't over do it.

Ever heard of a pitch count? Do you have any idea why that is? This is a common practice in ALL SPORTS... and he probably doesn't even have full control of how this plays out. Monty and the Dr. are going to do what they want in regards to his playtime.

NBA players play every 2 days or back to back, over 82 games. This is a lot of wear and tear. NFL players play 16 times a year with 7 days of rest between games. HUGE difference.

Pretty disappointed by the comments....
    Last edited by Bongzilla; 10-30-2012 at 09:59 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Still wanna see him out there for that first game, you know? Get the crowd going with what we'll be in store for the future.

No matter. Davis is the real attraction on this team anyway.

If Gordon plays over 70 games, scores 20+ PPG, the team will trade him to the highest bidder in the offseason.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    If Gordon plays over 70 games, scores 20+ PPG, the team will trade him to the highest bidder in the offseason.
    Why would you trade him after a fully healthy season? He doesn't have some degenerative knee condition or anything. Do you think the team would have seriously offered him the max if there was a major injury?

If Gordon plays over 70 games next season, it proves that his injuries were just a fluke. You don't get better by trading a player of Gordon's calibre while he is just about to enter his prime.

Why would you trade him after a fully healthy season? He doesn't have some degenerative knee condition or anything. Do you think the team would have seriously offered him the max if there was a major injury?

If Gordon plays over 70 games next season, it proves that his injuries were just a fluke. You don't get better by trading a player of Gordon's calibre while he is just about to enter his prime.
    We don't know how his knee is. The team didn't offer him the max in the first place. Phoenix is. I don't think his knee is that bad. He probably will have some chronic changes due to removing cartilage, but won't affect him anytime soon.

I'm not saying I would do it, but the team didn't offer him the max, they know he didn't want to be there, and he's missed a ton of games in his career already. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if they ship him out because of his salary.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    There's a better chance that they trade him if he misses 25 plus. If he has that type of deal he isn't going anywhere.

We don't know how his knee is. The team didn't offer him the max in the first place. Phoenix is. I don't think his knee is that bad. He probably will have some chronic changes due to removing cartilage, but won't affect him anytime soon.

I'm not saying I would do it, but the team didn't offer him the max, they know he didn't want to be there, and he's missed a ton of games in his career already. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if they ship him out because of his salary.
    Well, we didn't offer him the max initially, but we matched, which in essence means we offered it to him. We wouldn't have matched if we didn't think he was worth it.

I could see it happening, but only if another team gets overzealous and offers Demps the farm for Gordon. In that scenario, I think Demps would trade him, but I definitely don't see Demps actively shopping him if he has a season like that - I know, now, that isn't what you meant, but that is how it comes across in your first post.

With all due respect man, (I mean that, because i agree with a lot of things that you post), how are we ignorant? The point a lot of us are making is that Gordon was all fine and dandy when it came to olympic tryouts, but he has no as of yet shown his commitment to playing for us. Look at Austin, he cannot wait to get on the court, and he's injured himself twice in the last week. The least Gordon can do after that whole Phoenix travesty is to at least seem like he's itching to get back out there, instead of sounding like a pessimistic brat.

Don't get me wrong, I like EJ, he's a fantastic player.. I'm just extremely worried about his attitude towards New Orleans

I tell them how I feel every day. That's just going to be the process, and then we'll develop a process within that.
    Lazy arse.

With all due respect man, (I mean that, because i agree with a lot of things that you post), how are we ignorant? The point a lot of us are making is that Gordon was all fine and dandy when it came to olympic tryouts, but he has no as of yet shown his commitment to playing for us. Look at Austin, he cannot wait to get on the court, and he's injured himself twice in the last week. The least Gordon can do after that whole Phoenix travesty is to at least seem like he's itching to get back out there, instead of sounding like a pessimistic brat.

Don't get me wrong, I like EJ, he's a fantastic player.. I'm just extremely worried about his attitude towards New Orleans
    That sounds a lot to me like EJ would be playing if it was his choice. Our trainers had no control over him during the Olympics.

WAITAMINUTE, why are we even talking about this? We haven't even played a game for him to miss!? Not that any of your assumptions might not be warranted...but right now they are just assumptions. A month from now we'll either have clear reason to question EJ's commitment or clear reasons to say that he is central to the future of this team.

You can't make either call now, definitely not based on the fact that he didn't play in preseason games.

Gordon and Rivers were both "full" at practice today/No guarantee for opener

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Wow, pretty short sighted here guys.

Would you prefer him to average 35 minutes a game for the first two weeks and reaggravate this injury? He is talking about the entire season. IT IS CALLED COMMON SENSE---- Take it slow at first. Test it out, see what you can handle.... don't over do it.

Ever heard of a pitch count? Do you have any idea why that is? This is a common practice in ALL SPORTS... and he probably doesn't even have full control of how this plays out. Monty and the Dr. are going to do what they want in regards to his playtime.

NBA players play every 2 days or back to back, over 82 games. This is a lot of wear and tear. NFL players play 16 times a year with 7 days of rest between games. HUGE difference.

Pretty disappointed by the comments....
    I think a lot of people are frustrated because the situation is not going well and we don't know whether to a) blame the team for not being forthright about his status, b) blame the team for matching a contract for a player they suspected wouldn't play more than 50 games this season, and/or c) blame Gordon being soft cuz he never wanted to be here. The fact is, it's probably one or a combination of the 3, we just don't have the details.

That being said as a supporter of the team who has high hopes for the potential future of the core we're building I have every right to be "disappointed" with the situation. I pour a lot of money into this team and if they're making decisions that don't improve this team going forward it should be discussed and exposed, not swept under the creole blue rug.

And if you think this is perfectly normal, that the Gordon acquisition has gone as expected or that there is nothing to be concerned about then you sir need to lay off the bongzilla..

The Franchise
    IMO we made a BIG mistake resigning Gordon. We should have let him go to the Suns. It's painfully obviously now he's another Baron Davis type player.

Hopefully, Joe will get the scoop today after practice. Opens to media by 11, practice ends at 12.

Hopefully we know the scoop by 1 and it doesn't change before 7.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman View Post
    IMO we made a BIG mistake resigning Gordon. We should have let him go to the Suns. It's painfully obviously now he's another Baron Davis type player.
    I am frustrated as well BUT we don't know for sure whether this is Gordon or the team being "smart" with him.

Not ready to give him the B.D. title YET. Time will tell..... Just sucks cause the guy could be a top five 2 in the league if he could stay on the court.
    The other frustrating part is you see guys like Kobe, Rivers, Allen they all openly talk about playing with pain...some for entire seasons.
    Meanwhile puddin' is....just puddin'. Again,.... time will tell

Thread Information