Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Possible Hornets Trade: Warrick to CHA for Carroll/Carroll bought out

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    voodoo for life
    Hornets 4 lyf

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Hornets 4 lyf
    Get on the New Orleans Voodoo life raft or go down with the Charlotte Hornets ship.

Anyway was does this now give us, two open roster spots?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I just want to say LOL at most people in this thread that thought we got him for depth and was actually going to play.
    I just want to say LOL at the people in this thread who misspelled barely not once, but twice.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I just want to say LOL at the people in this thread who misspelled barely not once, but twice.
    Grammar police. I can tell you are the life of the party.

Re: Possible Hornets Trade: Warrick to CHA for Carroll Per Stein

When communicating thoughts to others, proper grammar is important. It helps others to pay more attention to what you said and less to how you said it. It also helps with people interpreting your arguement/comment in the way it was meant.

On topic: Meh, I hope this was just to open up a roster spot. Buying a guy out seems like an unwise use of resources if you don't actually use the roster spot for something.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    When communicating thoughts to others, proper grammar is important. It helps others to pay more attention to what you said and less to how you said it. It also helps with people interpreting your arguement/comment in the way it was meant.

On topic: Meh, I hope this was just to open up a roster spot. Buying a guy out seems like an unwise use of resources if you don't actually use the roster spot for something.

I just read the words.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar

Pretty sure that our FO knows what they're doing and not just throwing darts at pictures
    Wherehappens.

Did you understand what he was trying to convey? If so...then what's it matter. It's an internet forum..not an English class. (notice my incorrect usage of ellipsis.......i do what i want)

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'd have to imagine this was the plan all along.

So my misspelling of a single word disrupted my communication because my message could not be sent in light of a single grammatical error? I understand your thought process now. And it's ridiculous. Yes I started a sentence with the word and, something I was taught for years never to do. What?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Did you understand what he was trying to convey? If so...then what's it matter. It's an internet forum..not an English class. (notice my incorrect usage of ellipsis.......i do what i want)

Actually technically it wasn't correct usage.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    no offense to anyone, but this thread has pretty much wandered far away from the topic....whatever it was...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I wonder if Dell used the buyout money for his own contract?

Wasn't trying to derail the thread or ruffle any feathers. I was just jokingly calling out an obvious "I was right and the rest of you were wrong" post.

Yes, you were right about Matt Carroll. And the rest of us were right about how to spell "barely." We all get things right sometimes and wrong other times. That's life. No need to boast about it.

Wasn't trying to derail the thread or ruffle any feathers. I was just jokingly calling out an obvious "I was right and the rest of you were wrong" post.

Yes, you were right about Matt Carroll. And the rest of us were right about how to spell "barely." We all get things right sometimes and wrong other times. That's life. No need to boast about it.
    Thanks for admitting you went completely off topic and it's all your fault

I am joking of course.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 11-16-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    It's an internet forum..not an English class.
    As all three of my AWESOME daughters would ask you, "When you're not in science class, does gravity stop working?"

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post
    As all three of my AWESOME daughters would ask you, "When you're not in science class, does gravity stop working?"
    If only that were true.... I think we'd see a lot more dunks at Hornets games

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post
    Sounds like a blast.

Hakim Warrick Wanted Buyout From Hornets

The New Orleans Hornets recently shipped veteran forward Hakim Warrick to the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for forward Matt Carroll. The Hornets acquired Warrick from the Phoenix Suns in the deal that also netted the team center Robin Lopez and a second-round pick (2014).

According to sources close to the situation, Warrick’s camp had been working on securing a buyout for the veteran over the past couple months so the forward could choose his next career destination. However, they couldn’t come to a separation agreement with the Hornets.

Warrick is set to earn $4 million this season, with a team option for the 2014 season.

From the beginning, it appeared Warrick didn’t fit Hornets head coach Monty Williams’ preferred style of play. After the Hornets’ preseason loss to Atlanta, Williams told HOOPSWORLD that Warrick needed to learn to play the team’s style.

“He has to keep working,” Williams said to HOOPSWORLD of Warrick back in October. “He has to keep working at it and he’s got to play the way that we play.”

Warrick has appeared in one game with the Bobcats, playing ten minutes while scoring five points and pulling down four rebounds.

Does this mean we just shipped out Warrick for nothing and still have to settle a buy out for his contract in 2013/14?
    I'm confused.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...h-the-nuggets/

Warrick is the Bobcats' problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Warrick is the Bobcats' problem.
    Thanks
    So essentially we got rid of Warrick for nothing, since Carroll is likely to retire instead of play for the Hornets?
    A bit like the Brad Miller deal?

We'll see what happens with Carroll and the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    no offense to anyone, but this thread has pretty much wandered far away from the topic....whatever it was...
    I know right. It is unbelievable that people aren't talking more about Matt Carroll!

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Hmm. Demps is up to something.....
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    He's always up to something.

Thread Information