Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: What additional pieces must be added?

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    What about Aminu (chief) from Portland back in the big easy as SF? Any takers?
    I will pass on the guy the Pelicans chose to leave wide open and proceeded to shoot the Blazers season away . Pels need shooters.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Sign and trade boogie + Ajinca for j Randle, zubac and 1st
    Sign Evans and Bradley
    Bring back rondo and Clark
    Find a way to move solo and/or Moore
    Draft a C

If we keep our current roster we should resign boogie, rondo and Clark. Move Ajinca and try to sign tyreke Evans.

Why would we sign Evans? He is the opposite of what we need if we want an uptempo team. He prefers to slow the pace and play half court. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why would we sign Evans? He is the opposite of what we need if we want an uptempo team. He prefers to slow the pace and play half court. Pass.
    I mean he would have to commit to the team philosophy. I think his other skills would thrive in this offense if he wants to run other teams out the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Sign Evans and Bradley
    Draft a C

If we keep our current roster we should resign boogie, rondo and Clark. Move Ajinca and try to sign tyreke Evans.
    Someone plays 2k to much..

The Lakers dont even have their pick.. We would be getting slaughtered if we made that trade..

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Is this really all some think we can do? Get players we've already had before?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Sign Evans and Bradley
    Draft a C

This is one of those trades where both teams get a raw deal!

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Is there any way to acquire any of the following players

Khris Middleton
    Justise Winslow
    Dillon brooks
    Joe Harris
    Demarre Carroll

I wonder if there is a way we can get Rondo, Jrue, AD and Boogie to all go to San Antonio and start trying to recruit Kwahi?? Try to make our own Hamptons 5 (or whatever they called that GS thing)... If they could get him to force a trade and say he only wants to come to NOLA, I'm sure we could put together a package that might entice SA, or even if we have to get a 3rd team involved...

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Is there any way to acquire any of the following players

Khris Middleton
    Justise Winslow
    Dillon brooks
    Joe Harris
    Demarre Carroll
    Well, I'd love to get Middleton, but unless we are able to get him to sign an extension with a pay raise, he would be a rental. He is definitely going to opt out of his contract after 18-19 season.
    Don't think Winslow would help
    I would like Brooks a lot. He's a baller. Watched plenty of PAC 10 games (Bill Walton is awesome color analyst) Brooks was a great college player-couldn't believe how late he went in the draft.
    Joe Harris isn't an upgrade from
    Ian Clark or ETwaun Moore
    Demarre Carroll- would love it, I think he likes his ugly orange & red uni's.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Someone plays 2k to much..

The Lakers dont even have their pick.. We would be getting slaughtered if we made that trade..
    This is why I tend to lose interest in free agency threads. Just because it works in a game doesn’t mean that it will work in real life. Like Demps always says, it’s hard to acquire players in the NBA.

But at the same time...if anyone suggested a trade for DeMarcus Cousins centered around Buddy Hield...they'd get similary mocked. Or us parlaying Omer Asik into Mirotic.

Not every trade is something us fans would consider a move that would happen beforehand.

If Lebron decides to leave the Cavs, if they lose, how about SH, AA, and EM for Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    But at the same time...if anyone suggested a trade for DeMarcus Cousins centered around Buddy Hield...they'd get similary mocked. Or us parlaying Omer Asik into Mirotic.

Not every trade is something us fans would consider a move that would happen beforehand.
    We didn't parlay Asik into Mirotic. We flipped our 1st into Mirotic who demanded to be traded and attached Asik to it for giving up a 1st. We also did this right after the Cousins injury so the value of our 1st was perceived as higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    If Lebron decides to leave the Cavs, if they lose, how about SH, AA, and EM for Love.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I will pass on the guy the Pelicans chose to leave wide open and proceeded to shoot the Blazers season away . Pels need shooters.

I'd love Aminu with this team. To say differently is simply silly. That being said, I wouldn't go out of my way to target him either

he was 11-20, and 5-11 from the arc?
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 05-16-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We didn't parlay Asik into Mirotic. We flipped our 1st into Mirotic who demanded to be traded and attached Asik to it for giving up a 1st. We also did this right after the Cousins injury so the value of our 1st was perceived as higher.
    Same result. Different marketing.

Same result. Different marketing.
    Yes but two totally different narratives which is the point.

It isn't the narrative that is different, it's perspective and context.

But hairs are being split. The actual point is there's I can see reason not to dismiss any given trade idea out of hand because they seem unrealistic, because reality can be unrealistic.

The Franchise
    Trades are so hard to predict and I’ve seen a lot of deals that I’d never have done. As for additional pieces, I’d move hill and Moore along with a first or 2 to upgrade either pg or sf. Kemba and Paul George are the first that come to mind. Of course it all depends if they want to come here.

It isn't the narrative that is different, it's perspective and context.

But hairs are being split. The actual point is there's I can see reason not to dismiss any given trade idea out of hand because they seem unrealistic, because reality can be unrealistic.
    But who thought giving a 1st and filler (Asik) for Mirotic was unrealistic? Mirotic was a player that demanded to be traded and Chicago said they'd only trade him for a 1st.

Heck everyone talked about how at the end of this coming season Asik's contract was valuable due to the non guaranteed money.

I don't think the Mirotic trade proves unrealistic trades happen at all. It was a very realistic trade given the circumstances. If it was Asik and just a 2nd then I'd think you'd have a point because that would seem unrealistic.

But who thought giving a 1st and filler (Asik) for Mirotic was unrealistic? Mirotic was a player that demanded to be traded and Chicago said they'd only trade him for a 1st.

Heck everyone talked about how at the end of this coming season Asik's contract was valuable due to the non guaranteed money.

I don't think the Mirotic trade proves unrealistic trades happen at all. It was a very realistic trade given the circumstances. If it was Asik and just a 2nd then I'd think you'd have a point because that would seem unrealistic.
    Yeah, The Bulls were betting on a lottery pick, albeit mid-lottery, but lottery never the less.

Sign and trade Boogie
    Upgrade Moore
    Sign a quality SF (my sig has been like this for about 3 years)
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Yeah, The Bulls were betting on a lottery pick, albeit mid-lottery, but lottery never the less.
    Yep. I think it's very clear that we won the trade because we ended up outperforming expectations and the Bulls only got 22 instead of a lottery pick. But at the time it was a pretty darn even trade given the BULLS wanted to lose more games and get a 1st for Mirotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Sign and trade Boogie
    Upgrade Moore
    Sign a quality SF (my sig has been like this for about 3 years)
    Who would be your quality free agent SF you'd target? Outside of PG I can't remember how else is out there that is even semi attainable.

Yep. I think it's very clear that we won the trade because we ended up outperforming expectations and the Bulls only got 22 instead of a lottery pick. But at the time it was a pretty darn even trade given the BULLS wanted to lose more games and get a 1st for Mirotic. Who would be your quality free agent SF you'd target? Outside of PG I can't remember how else is out there that is even semi attainable.
    Wayne Ellington

Thread Information