Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Pacers 11-7-17

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    When’s the last time the Pelicans were OVER .500? I need the stat ASAP, for bragging purposes. Lol.
    3 Years

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Lol it was huge down the stretch. All we can do is root for Jrue at this point
    He must be top 10 defender in the league. I guess that's pretty important

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Lol it was huge down the stretch. All we can do is root for Jrue at this point
    If he could get 15+ 5+ and 5+ with a steal every now and again he wouldn't be isolated for poor play on offense. He is an elite defender.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    3 Years
    I got a nice laugh from my gut when I saw your screen name lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

Clearly, this AD/DC experiment isn't working...except the 5-2 on the road part. A win at Toronto would be huge lagniappe.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Basketball Guru
    this was a good win by the pelicans after giving up 75 in the half and keeping their heads together to fight back into the game and pull out the win.....good win team...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    this was a good win by the pelicans after giving up 75 in the half and keeping their heads together to fight back into the game and pull out the win.....good win team...
    Was good to see they could identify the weakness at half time and be able to execute and change it. That shows the team might actually have an IQ lol

I'd like to present Pelicanidae the "Awesome Job Not Being Bipolar Like Everyone Else on the Game day Thread" award. Way to stay stable, bub.

Lol. Of course I have the advantage of reading through this thread after I know the result.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 11-07-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Was good to see they could identify the weakness at half time and be able to execute and change it. That shows the team might actually have an IQ lol
    i know right lol.....hey,,the season is not a month old yet and these boys are showing heart and smarts.....we still have rondo and hill coming back to the team to give more help...i have a feeling this team is going to bust some team head in the playoffs....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Guys, we got another win!!! Are they getting more confident? If we get a win in Toronto I’m going to really get excited because we will be building momentum and that’s what we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Guys, we got another win!!! Are they getting more confident? If we get a win in Toronto I’m going to really get excited because we will be building momentum and that’s what we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only one I could say is getting more confident is Miller. Jrue is still trash on offense but elite on D. AD being GOAT AD. Everyone else pretty much same as always

Team defense was as good as I've seen recently in the second half

Where is buckwheat?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Jrue is not trash on offense! He hit some important buckets in the 3rd, and had a great assist to AD down low, towards the end of the game. He played well tonight, yet some still need to throw in cheap shots; That was a trash comment AusPel!

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Where is buckwheat?
    Or GA, or GuardianAngel?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    If he could get 15+ 5+ and 5+ with a steal every now and again he wouldn't be isolated for poor play on offense. He is an elite defender.
    Yeah but that ain't gonna happen!!! But we are finally over 500! Props to Darius Miller for shooting the 3 consistently lately.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Jrue is not trash on offense! He hit some important buckets in the 3rd, and had a great assist to AD down low, towards the end of the game. He played well tonight, yet some still need to throw in cheap shots; That was a trash comment AusPel!
    For his pay jrue is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I got a nice laugh from my gut when I saw your screen name lol.
    Lol I don't know which funnier, that one or R Pelly lmao
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Important buckets? He only got 10 points.

The offensive flow still stinks, gentry needs to go.

Jrue looks like he's working hard out there, but no getting around that he is a big, fat oh-fer-16 from 3-point land in our last five games. Gonna be tough if his outside shooting doesn't pick up. Asking too much of Anthony and DeMarcus to keep grinding at this pace.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    You're not going to fire him while the team is hanging in the playoff race and has a positive +/-. Also a 5-2 road record, which is 3rd best in the league.

People have to let that fantasy go. Barring a significant collapse, which could easily happen if either of the Towers goes down for an extended period, Gentry is the coach, and with Gentry as the coach the team is right in the middle of the playoff hunt. As of tonight, they'll have the same record as Denver and either Memphis or Portland (whoever loses that matchup).

Until we see guys like Avery Bradley and KCP start getting $18 Million+ a year. We're going to keep hearing the complaints about Jrue's contract.

I wonder what we can do to turn Asik/Ajinca into a contributor. Trade the first with those 2 guys with the understanding that Asik retires and maybe we can get a legit third big.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Dude, no

Quote Originally Posted by eatmoreyeah View Post
    If AD and Cousins weren't playing out of their mind so far this season we probably wouldn't have won a single game. I feel bad for those dudes. Such a burden to have to put up 30+ points a night.
    I know right? Like that Jordan guy that did it his entire career.

Thread Information