Pelicans sign Ian Clark

Welcome to be here

damn nice pickup I see why we let cook go

Yeaaa~! Where all the Dell haters now

Nice addition!!!

Very pleased with this

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Well, I mean he's a guy with a career 4.5ppg scoring average thus far, and he wasn't having much success before he started playing mostly in cleanup situations for the Warriors. That's just being fair. A depth move.

On the other hand he's a shooter, and a catch and shoot guy too. And that is one of two breeds (defender being the other) that Dell should absolutely be after, so while its probably just a little signing, its exactly the right sort of little signing.

Jrue Holiday
    Rajon Rondo
    E'Twaun Moore
    Jordan Crawford
    Ian Clark

Not exactly an epic backcourt, but maybe enough as long as the big guys stay healthy?
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 08-01-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Pelicans sign Ian Clark

Hahaha they are still here. Wonder if we have another move coming...no way we have the cap space to sign him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go sign Anthony Morrow now.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Wow! Isn't he more of a 2 than a one? I wonder how that effects Moore, Crawford and Qpon. I guess they'll alternate ball handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Wow! Isn't he more of a 2 than a one? I wonder how that effects Moore, Crawford and Qpon. I guess they'll alternate ball handling.
    In a traditional offense, yea his skillset is more a 2. But he's perfectly capable of bringing the ball up the court and playing off our bigs. And he'll be fine guarding most other team's 1s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Well, I mean he's a guy with a career 4.5ppg scoring average thus far, and he wasn't having much success before he started playing mostly in cleanup situations for the Warriors. That's just being fair. A depth move.

On the other hand he's a shooter, and a catch and shoot guy too. And that is one of two breeds (defender being the other) that Dell should absolutely be after, so while its probably just a little signing, its exactly the right sort of little signing.

Jrue Holiday
    Rajon Rondo
    E'Twaun Moore
    Jordan Crawford
    Ian Clark

Not exactly an epic backcourt, but maybe enough as long as the big guys stay healthy?
    Stats don't tell the whole story. 4.5 a game on a loaded Warriors team doesn't mean squat. The eye test tells the story. If you've watched him play, that would explain the excitement around his signing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Go sign Anthony Morrow now.
    Hopefully Dell flips Q-Pons contract & re-signs Dante. But if not, Morrow would be a nice league minimum addition.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

This is surprising - warriors only let him walk cause they signed nick young, otherwise they'd have love to keep him. Other teams wanted him too, I'm sure. He could have gotten a contract for more money and more years. Wonder why he settled for one year min with Pels?

After the dust settles and if Kyrie doesn't go to Phoenix we can hopefully talk them into taking back QPon, Asik, and Ajinca and a first for Chandler and Dudley. The Suns would save a little long-term but it's tied up for longer. Then we could resign Dante and roll out:

Rondo/Grits/Frank
    Jrue/Moore/Clark
    Hill/Dudley/Miller
    AD/Cunningham/Diallo
    Boogie/Chandler

I like our ability to stagger and mix and match players for situations. Still think IQ is a problem and I'm really not on-board the Rondo bandwagon. The fit is really interesting and hard to see because there isn't a team constructed anything like it. Still don't see Pels getting into the playoffs, but if we get another healthy year we're at least in the hunt. If the Boogie/AD frontcourt thing doesn't look good though, and we don't get our first playoff win since 2010, I hope they clean house. I usually don't like hard ultimatums but there's no reason to abide AD's tenure without a playoff win to show for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

He is another combo / SG. We have to assume another move is coming. We are loaded with guys that play off the ball.

Hi!!! I'm not sure this moves any needle, could actually be bad for chemistry because now you have too many combo guards and not enough minutes. Not sure Clark signed here to ride the pine for a minimum deal. Does that squeeze 8mil per year Mr Moore out of the rotation? Probably not since he plays defense. Theres little to no chance Clark takes minutes away from Grits.

It does open up some flexibility to move Moore + '18 first for a bigger wing.

Certainly doesn't move the needle for the team, just gives us flexibility. Improvement over Cook, that's about it.

I'm sure most people would classify me as a Dell defender here, even though I feel I'm pretty down the middle on everything or at least try to be.

With that said, I don't think anyone should view this move as Dell conquering the world. It's pretty "meh" actually. He is a guy who has only shot good from 3pt one season (with the warriors) and attempted just over 2 3pt shots a game.

Have hope, but be realistic.

I'm more concerned about how signing him effects our front court depth. We have to be trading players or stretching Asik. There is a glaring hole at backup big on this team right now.

Nice addition. There's our backup PG.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Wow! I actually thought signing this guy was a pipe dream at the beginning of free agency. How did we get him for a year? Wasn't he getting multi year offers?

Woohoo Dell rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Nice addition. There's our backup PG.
    He's not a PG at all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Hi!!! I'm not sure this moves any needle, could actually be bad for chemistry because now you have too many combo guards and not enough minutes. Not sure Clark signed here to ride the pine for a minimum deal. Does that squeeze 8mil per year Mr Moore out of the rotation? Probably not since he plays defense. Theres little to no chance Clark takes minutes away from Grits.

It does open up some flexibility to move Moore + '18 first for a bigger wing.

Certainly doesn't move the needle for the team, just gives us flexibility. Improvement over Cook, that's about it.
    I think it moves the needle a good bit.Clark has won a championship.He understands Gentry's (GSW) offense. Plays very good D & shoots 3's very well. We only have 3 combo guards(which is actually a luxury).Grits is a #2 as is Moore. Moore can NOT play point! Ever! What's the negative of having 5 combo's rather than 2 PG & 3 SG? Seems flexibility is king, especially in this Gentry/Finch hybrid offense.
    I'm kinda thinking that Jrue is the back-up #1 .

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He's not a PG at all.
    I bet he plays the back up point guard spot. I wonder what are they going to do with Moore? He seems like the odd man out with Rondo, Holiday, Grits, Clark, and the rookie Frank Jackson.

Anyone who think this signing will mess up chemistry or that this signing is not a indicator for a trade or another signing is clearly tripping.

High IQ , really good shooter, and amazing moving off the ball and plays D?

Go on twitter right or the Warriors forum and see if you can find anybody complaining (except warriors fans) about this signing?

This is a really really good signing for our bench and depth. IMO this definitely makes Moore a trade piece.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information