Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Boogie is gone

Please keep in mind the style of offense that Gentry implemented after Boogie went down which led to the team's success. Despite his talent level, Boogie doesn't fit the uptempo scheme nor is it wise to sign a guy to that much money coming off an ACL injury. I understand he's a top-tier player, but I believe the Pelicans will be much better suited using the cap space to address other areas that the team lacks.

There's so much to take into consideration, but you have to look at what success the team had after the trade deadline into the playoffs and build from that.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    Please keep in mind the style of offense that Gentry implemented after Boogie went down which led to the team's success. Despite his talent level, Boogie doesn't fit the uptempo scheme nor is it wise to sign a guy to that much money coming off an ACL injury. I understand he's a top-tier player, but I believe the Pelicans will be much better suited using the cap space to address other areas that the team lacks.

There's so much to take into consideration, but you have to look at what success the team had after the trade deadline into the playoffs and build from that.

That small ball up tempo style offense like the warriors and rockets will get us beat by the warriors or rockets every time. I like the idea of building an uptempo team around two skilled bigs. It’s different enough to beat smaller uptempo teams. It’s the best shot we have of beating those teams by building a bigger uptempo style team around two skilled bigs that’s defense first (like how the grizzlies were with ZBo and Gasol).

What cap space?? We are over the cap, we sign Boogie or we do nothing besides trades...

Where we sit we have 680k of cap space, enough for a minimum player and that's all

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There's no cap space...but if we can get after a title run, we'll sign someone anyway. But it'd be a waste for someone average.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    What cap space?? We are over the cap, we sign Boogie or we do nothing besides trades...

Where we sit we have 680k of cap space, enough for a minimum player and that's all
    That's the point. Dell will be very active in the trade market more than free agency.

That's the point. Dell will be very active in the trade market more than free agency.
    I can only think of guys who none of us would expect are available for trade we might go after and get and also significantly improve our chances.

The Franchise
    Let’s not get to crazy with the max but we can get fairly close. I’d say offer 90 on a 2+1 starting at 26 year one, 30 year two, and 34 for year three with a player option. It’s giving him a lot of money on the injury year and more money every year after. Don’t know what the 10 year max is but on his option year he can decide. It’ll help us maybe not go into the tax this year and the cap is suppose to go up 7 million or so, so Boogie gets the majority of that money.

Rondo I’m hoping we can get him for 3.9 on a 1+1. (Article by Kumar on boubonstreetshots.com breaks down where we don’t have to use MLE and other great info).

Sign Henzonja and our draft pick with MLE. Hopefully we can get Henzonja for about 3 million and maybe get a couple second rounders with the rest.

At the trade deadline we move Hill or Moore to either get under the cap or make a move for the playoffs. This is all mute if Paul George says he wants to come here but still could make the same type of moves. I’d definitely try to get a couple combo SG/SF types in the draft. We’ve been known to willingly play them more so than young bigs.

They meant Durant right??

Rumors are swirling also that KAT maybe on the trade block.. That would be a trade I would do a s&t for Boogie for (there aren't many)
    Boogie ain’t going there especially if we get a 5 in return
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Does anybody think Rondo comes back without Boogie? Boogie is the reason that he’s here in the 1st place

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Does anybody think Rondo comes back without Boogie? Boogie is the reason that he’s here in the 1st place
    True but if Boogie goes to a contender they prob can’t afford Rondo and if Boogie goes to Dallas or somewhere, I doubt they’d want Rondo ( or want him back in Dallas case).

I would prefer to keep Boogie over anything else. BUT if he insist on wanting to move on from the Pelicans, my ideal scenario is a sign and trade to the Lakers and get back Brandon Ingram. Ingram is a rising star and only getting better. He has great handles and can be a PG in certain situations. He has made himself into a good defender @ 6'9' with a 7'0" wingspan. As he gets older, he can play 4 positions. He will never live up to the Durant comparisons but he doesn't have to.

Lakers would be willing to move Ingram if they are looking at seriously bringing in Lebron/George/Kawaii. Plus they already have Kuzma that can play the 3.

Might be wishful thinking but that would be my ideal "get" if Boogie insist on wanting not to come back.

Yes, I think $ will be more important than whether Boogie is here or not.

Man forget Boogie, sign and trade him for a pretty good SF and I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Guru back with the vengeance! What crazy trade you got up your sleeve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's a hard one, AD and Jrue both seemed to build a great relationship with Rondo and from the little insights we get in the interviews etc it seemed there was a great mutual respect between them all and what they can do /bring to the table. I could see them wanting him back as a real vocal leader and brain, and I don't see a lot of opportunities as good as the Pels elsewhere for Rondo (talent to play with anyway, money alone is different). Seemed to be a real family vibe about the group, it would be hard to say no to that after the other situations Rondo has been in the past few years, even if Boogie didn't return. Funnily enough I think I remember seeing their numbers being better without each other also (could be misremembering that).

Like who? Jimmy Butler? I bet it's Jimmy Butler.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    1) Per The Birdwrites, we have 92 million accounted for of the 101 CAP! Soggymoss is ALWAYS right, though? OMG! 2) If we are able to move a few contracts (some will be EASY and/or Attractive)-Moore & Ajinca, we can sign a high impact player, bumping up to just under the cap & then sign Boogie! So, yep, we can actually grab a bigtime player & re-sign Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    1) Per The Birdwrites, we have 92 million accounted for of the 101 CAP! Soggymoss is ALWAYS right, though? OMG! 2) If we are able to move a few contracts (some will be EASY and/or Attractive)-Moore & Ajinca, we can sign a high impact player, bumping up to just under the cap & then sign Boogie! So, yep, we can actually grab a bigtime player & re-sign Boogie.
    They must not be accounting for something, because according to Spotrac we are over 100 million...

I guess tilman is always right though

Edit: You should check your sources

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...cans/cap/2018/
    Last edited by soggymoss; 05-24-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

NCAA

They must not be accounting for something, because according to Spotrac we are over 100 million...

I guess tilman is always right though

Edit: You should check your sources

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...cans/cap/2018/
    Ok, so let's at least be original. I never claimed this number, But BSS & BirdWrites are both local Pelican info spots that have some pretty darn good Number Crunchers . So, I'll take the local guys word on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Ok, so let's at least be original. I never claimed this number, But BSS & BirdWrites are both local Pelican info spots that have some pretty darn good Number Crunchers . So, I'll take the local guys word on this.
    I see where they are getting their numbers from, they are taking out the non-guaranteed contracts (including Okafor,Miller, Liggins etc)

Either way, we have no usable cap space to sign anyone big unless we trade away Moore, Hill and Ajinca, and cut half of our bench

Guru, my man. Back away from the keyboard lol

Haha sup guys, I never post anymore but I still come on here every day just to stay up to date. Let me think...

Sign and trade Boogie for Kris Middleton. I'm just making stuff up here.

or Jimmy Butler, just for Eman.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Sign cousins. And just do a sign and trade some guys including niko for George. And the some guys and Jrue for LeBron. Sign Rondo.

Rondo
    George
    James
    Davis
    Cousins

Yeah!!!!

Not saying that I want it - just my thoughts.

People are saying that Mavs want DMC in free agency.

But what about s&t with Dallas.

using Matthews and Powell or Matthews and McDermott (little harder cause McD is RFA).

Taking Powell clears them some long term salary

Matthews, Mc Dermott for Boogie
    Matthews, Powell and Pick 33 for DMC

Thread Information