Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    A reaper is pretty much an angel of death. They might be evenly matched.
    It would be evenly match, but my name would be a better 3-point shooter.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    It just is. I would do the name injustice by trying to explain it. Its like asking what MJ was just so awesome in his playing days. He just was, you know.
    Yeah...

The media and anyone outside of you and a few others in Louisiana wouldn't find it epic enough to say Arcangel every single time. It would just become Angels pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Yeah...

The media and anyone outside of you and a few others in Louisiana wouldn't find it epic enough to say Arcangel every single time. It would just become Angels pretty quickly.
    The media could say whatever they want, but it still would be Arcangels in the end.

Sometimes, you just gotta have "faith."

The Franchise
    The media could say whatever they want, but it still would be Arcangels in the end.
    It got 10 votes, its not popular and the majority don't like it. Time to give it up?
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    It got 10 votes, its not popular and the majority don't like it. Time to give it up?
    Not until its officially over. Kinda like the Ron Paul campaign. Paul is the most intelligent candidate, but too out of the box for the norm. That's why we have a Romney candidate like Brass which makes everyone else feel safe.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    "Knights doesn't mean anything."

-- Tom Benson
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

To you maybe. But your opinion would be far outnumbered by the millions and millions fans of the NBA that would know us as Arcangels, but Angels even better. When you think of the Blazers is the Trail Blazers the first thing that comes to mind? Of course not, first thing you think of is Blazers. Just look at my gameday threads, I always put Blazers and not Trail Blazers without thinking twice.

I want a name that I can actually enjoy, and not have to listen to people complain about how the media and every other fan isn't calling us by our "real" name, but rather the national perception is that we are the New Orleans Angels, like the Los Angeles Angels. LA Angels. We both know that would happen, people complaining because they aren't calling us the Arcangels if that was indeed our name.

And really wants even the point, both of our jerseys say New Orleans and not Hornets right now. That could obviously change, but what if it doesn't? Arcangels is too complex, not to mention the confusion with Arch Angels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archangel

Banned
    wiggity wiggity wack

Banned
    city of angels yeah lets rip that too

Banned
    nola soljas

To you maybe. But your opinion would be far outnumbered by the millions and millions fans of the NBA that would know us as Arcangels, but Angels even better. When you think of the Blazers is the Trail Blazers the first thing that comes to mind? Of course not, first thing you think of is Blazers. Just look at my gameday threads, I always put Blazers and not Trail Blazers without thinking twice.

I want a name that I can actually enjoy, and not have to listen to people complain about how the media and every other fan isn't calling us by our "real" name, but rather the national perception is that we are the New Orleans Angels, like the Los Angeles Angels. LA Angels. We both know that would happen, people complaining because they aren't calling us the Arcangels if that was indeed our name.

And really wants even the point, both of our jerseys say New Orleans and not Hornets right now. That could obviously change, but what if it doesn't?
    Maybe you're right about being called angels which would suck since there's a huge difference between angels and arcangels. But Arcangels isn't that wordy. I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal, but maybe the extra syllable would be enough to neuter it to angels.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    we are amusing ourselves and killing time, but little else with our nickname polls and opinions...the only way any of it really means anything would be if the powers to be actually opened the naming rights up to the public somehow....and who knows?....perhaps they will...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Maybe you're right about being called angels which would suck since there's a huge difference between angels and arcangels. But Arcangels isn't that wordy. I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal, but maybe the extra syllable would be enough to neuter it to angels.
    I agree it isn't wordy, but people are lazy lol

I mean in the end it's only my opinion, but if people are going to butcher a name is it really good enough? What is an Arcangel? Not to mention it looks weird and doesn't exactly roll off the tung like other more common names do. Which plays a part in picking a name. You want a name that will be easy to say, easy to type, and that people will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    we are amusing ourselves and killing time, but little else with our nickname polls and opinions...the only way any of it really means anything would be if the powers to be actually opened the naming rights up to the public somehow....and who knows?....perhaps they will...
    No doubt. I'm actually getting a bit tired of the renaming stuff. I actually want to talk about the roster, free agency, and the draft.

I agree it isn't wordy, but people are lazy lol

I mean in the end it's only my opinion, but if people are going to butcher a name is it really good enough? What is an Arcangel?
    That is a good question. I guess it would have to be explained just like it was explained here. It could work. I think it would have strong staying power in the long run, mixed in with good unis and logo. I would only use it for a basketball team in NOLA. No other sport, no other city.

I still prefer VooDoo since it would be an obvious NOLA name after Jazz.

Also, since we're changing the name from an established name in the league, it has to be something really creative or something that fits perfectly. We need to hit a home run with the name change. I don't think Brass or Krewe are really creative or fits perfectly. VooDoo would fit perfectly. Arcangels is really creative and can make sense for a NOLA basketball team.
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 04-20-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Okay guys I have to credit my sister for this new awesome name. Ladies and Gentlemen, The New Orleans Cyprrss! Or The Cresent City Cypryss!n please guys provide feedback, I thank its pretty cool name and new and uniqye to the Whole Gulf Area!!! If its wack please voice ur opinon but I think its really cool and not cheesy nor childish.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

We need to keep a religious nickname

-New Orleans Bishops
    -New Orleans Captains
    -New Orleans Crusaders, Crescent City Crusaders
    -New Orleans Evangels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCA9YRRFX.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	3652

New Orleans ArcAngels
    New Orleans Knights
    New Orleans Crusaders
    New Orleans Corsairs

The best names

Knights is the best name so far.

It makes sense for NOLA without alienating the region and would be appealing to international fans, especially in Europe and with Aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post

It makes sense for NOLA without alienating the region and would be appealing to international fans, especially in Europe and with Aussies.
    I like Knights too. I think its a good name for a NOLA team. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post

it rolls off the tongue as easily (if not easier) than Brass....you pointed out some really good points and I contend that logo/trademarking/mascoting in the right hands would be second to none....this might sound corny and I wouldn't actually call it a double entendre, but lets face it, New Orleans is known for its Knightlife...

it rolls off the tongue as easily (if not easier) than Brass....you pointed out some really good points and I contend that logo/trademarking/mascoting in the right hands would be second to none....this might sound corny and I wouldn't actually call it a double entendre, but lets face it, New Orleans is known for its Knightlife...
    Nice!

78...did you create the avi that you use? I only ask because it is very cool and I am wondering what someone that talented could do with Knights...

78...did you create the avi that you use? I only ask because it is very cool and I am wondering what someone that talented could do with Knights...
    No, no, no. No way I could create that. I asked bigdub awhile back to create one for the Arcangels and he did this masterpiece.

No, no, no. No way I could create that. I asked bigdub awhile back to create one for the Arcangels and he did this masterpiece.
    why am I not surprised that he did it.. it sounds like his talents might have been recognized by some of the "right" people... and btw....Its game Knight at the Round Table!!

Thread Information