Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

monty is in vegas, oden working out in Indy. humm

We should have sent EG with Dell.

Wright just resigned in dallas for 2 years and 10 million i guess that takes them out of the oden chase.

I think the Spurs make the least sense... They are old, play in a tougher conference, and cannot offer him the highest amount of money anyways. Heat/Pelicans are the only teams that seem to have a chance in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I think the Spurs make the least sense... They are old, play in a tougher conference, and cannot offer him the highest amount of money anyways. Heat/Pelicans are the only teams that seem to have a chance in my mind.
    I disagree. I think the Spurs/Heat make the most sense since it'll be a short term deal regardless of where he goes. This contract will set up his next contract and He'll get the exposure he needs and will play in the playoffs for certain. Taking off the homer glasses, the only reason to pick the Pelicans is the money and to keep a low profile from the media.

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    I think it'll probably be Miami he ultimately goes to. I'd be shocked but very excited to see Oden if he agrees to sign with the Pelicans. When Oden is healthy enough and cheap enough as the kind of deal that the Heat can afford, you can't tell me that with their front court that He isn't a better option than Birdman or Haslem. He'll get a chance to play for the ring and get the chance to play next to Lebron. If he wants to win now, he'll go to Miami. If he wants to wait it out and play 50% of the time under the low profile, then he'll play in NOLA. But it does excite me to think of a front line of Oden and Davis for a long, long time.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I disagree. I think the Spurs/Heat make the most sense since it'll be a short term deal regardless of where he goes. This contract will set up his next contract and He'll get the exposure he needs and will play in the playoffs for certain. Taking off the homer glasses, the only reason to pick the Pelicans is the money and to keep a low profile from the media.
    We will agree to disagree then. I was basically saying the Heat were choice number 1 (if he wanted to contend) and the Pelicans were number 2 (if he wanted financial security). I do agree that he probably wants one really solid year on a good team so he can get a nice juicy contract next time around. What are his priorities? I'm not too sure, but neither team would be a bad choice.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    State of the art practice facility, newly renovated arena, playing with 7 guys his age, no limelight, played for Monty, played with EGO ! Hmm

I never would have though an Oden thread would get 26 pages.

We will sign Oden. I do not have psychic powers, but I believe I do. Delusion of grandeur is a powerful tool.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

I dunno how credible this guy is. Only about a thousand followers, but his description on twitter is "Sportswriter, covering the NFL and NBA for 98.7 THE FAN, CBS Tampa Bay, and Orlando Magic Daily." Sooooo it really doesn't tell us anything but I thought I'd get the thread back on topic...
    @DanielVeuleman

Max Luckan... I wonder if Luck is in our favor now.

Before going on that wrestling side track, I did say probably like most of the answers here, I till wouldn't be surprised if he opted to sign with Miami. Only way he comes to New Orleans is if he would rather come back slowly to a situation that benefits him for the long term while the short term is still with Miami for instant fame and gratification if he can win a ring.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I'm foreseeing this.

(Looks just like an older LBJ lol)

Not getting Oden. Pipe down peeps. Too much competition here with Stiemsma, Smith, and Withey. He can go to Miami and be the man, play with LeBron and play for a championship. It's a no brainer. Or he could go to the Spurs and have the best coach in the league. If the money is anywhere close, NO CHANCE.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I'm foreseeing this.

He's Lebron's dad. Top ESPN storyline for 2013. "Father and Son unite to win championship"

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I'm foreseeing this.

It will be great... The first father son duo in the nba

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Lighten up. It is the offseason.
    That doesn't mean we want to totally derail what the threads are supposed to be about.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Oden meeting with the Pelicans in Las Vegas per updated Oden article on ESPN. The way it's worded indicates it won't be until Thursday at the earliest. We did get see him work out for 2 hrs today.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Oden meeting with the Pelicans in Las Vegas per updated Oden article on ESPN. The way it's worded indicates it won't be until Thursday at the earliest. We did get see him work out for 2 hrs today.
    I'd love to hear some of the questions they asked after the workouts by Dell. Maybe Monty has a special play/connection/giggle fest with Oden back from the Portland days. Think of the fun times Greg. You could show Anthony Davis how to grow a 45 year old man beard.

Ok.....I'm just hoping with signs with the Pelicans. No chance he ever reads this post.

The media has been pushing Oden to Miami for a year now. It's much more exciting for them to talk about Oden in Miami than Oden in NO. Let's just take a step back and let it all play out. We'll know next week. For what it's worth, everything I've read about Oden points to him signing with us, because we offer that comfortability factor (between his familiarity with Monty, our small market team, low media pressure, low expectations this season, and our proven willingness to work with injury prone players - see Gordon), and that's #1 on his list right now. I think we stand a very good chance to sign him, all homerism aside.

The only thing we truly learned today is that Oden appeared very good in the workouts. Hopefully by Friday he will be closing in on his descision.

Let him go to Miami. We should focus on the health of Eric Gordon. So far he has gone through the summer without a surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Haha, can you imagine that phone call?

"Hey Greg, how's it going man? Listen, we want to meet with you, so can we fly you out to Las Vegas? What's that? Haha, no silly! We aren't trying to take you out partying and gambling! We just have to do the meeting there because our young head coach is on the Olympic staff, and he has to be there while they are practicing. What's that? You wanted to meet with assistant HC Randy Ayers, one of the best big man coaches in the league? Oh, well he's up there too, so that should work out. Wait, you wanted to meet with our head trainer Jon Ishop? Funny you say that, he's there too! What's that? Yeah... We do have a lot of our staff on the Olympic team. Impressive right? I know. By the way, while you're up here, you'll get to see 3 of your teammates! There also up here practicing with the team. Wait, what was that? You want to sign your contract now? Great! We'll fly you up on Thursday!"

Not sure if Oden really cares about any of that though. If he wants to be with a contender, he'll go to the Heat. If he wants the $3 Million we are alleged to be offering, then he'll come here.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    if I was a betting man, I probably wouldn't like our chances....but, on the other hand, its often a good thing for the underdog if they can just hang around and resist getting put away early.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information