It's so early in the morning, and I find this. :\

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

For a straight Asik swap? Ok sure. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I know right!

As much as I don't care for Shumpert, he's better than having Asik take up space and not producing. At the same time, Shumpert scored almost the same amount of points as Solo. If we could drop Asik and get him, I'll pull the trigger.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Shumpert might fit in well. Isn't he a very good defender and a decent 3 point shooter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like shumpert as our sf

He's a worse 3 pt shooter and defender than Hill.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    He's a worse 3 pt shooter and defender than Hill.
    This past season maybe, but not by much. He's been better in the past, could have a revival in a role here. He's also currently healthy while Hill isn't for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    This past season maybe, but not by much. He's been better in the past, could have a revival in a role here. He's also currently healthy while Hill isn't for awhile.
    He's also extremely injury prone. There's a reason he's available. And it isn't because he's a good player. Unless Asik is moving out, there is no substance to this "rumor."

He's also extremely injury prone. There's a reason he's available. And it isn't because he's a good player. Unless Asik is moving out, there is no substance to this "rumor."
    Yea you're probably right, and can't see why they would take Asik, even with a pick, so that's probably out. And otherwise only matching salaries I see is centered around Moore, which even with his extra year of salary, is probably better than Shumpert at this point.

Yea you're probably right, and can't see why they would take Asik, even with a pick, so that's probably out. And otherwise only matching salaries I see is centered around Moore, which even with his extra year of salary, is probably better than Shumpert at this point.
    Moore is definitely better

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Moore is definitely better
    The thing is Shumpert came into the league looking like he might be a young Tony Allen. A real defensive force. And even though that seemingly faded, until last year he was still measuring very strongly defensively according to many metrics. Then last year happened, and abruptly he was mediocre on that end. It's important to understand the why of that change. He's injury prone and has had a series of major injuries keeping him out of extended stretches. If that has caught up with him physically, then maybe he isn't going to be an impact defender anymore. But on the other hand if it's not physical and he can recover his normal form, again, like Allen (although not as good of course) he's normally a MUCH better defender than E'Twaun Moore, who seems to be getting rather too much hometown credit during this search.

Same thing I did with Moore and Tony Allen here. According to ESPN's Defensive Real Plus Minus stats the last 4 years:

2016-17 Out of 94 players rated at SG:
    31) Iman Shumpert -0.16
    65) E'Twaun Moore -1.58

And in 2015-16:
    8) Iman Shumpert 1.26
    31) E'Twaun Moore -0.44

And in 2014-15:
    8) Iman Shumpert 1.92
    38) E'Twaun Moore -1.11

And in 2013-14:
    4) Iman Shumpert 2.00
    31) E'Twaun Moore -1.21

If you want to set a defensive tone, which any big man based team should, if you want to replace a defensive roleplayer like Solo (who was at a 1.49 DRPM last year), then getting a guy like the Iman Shumpert of years past might be a good step.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 09-03-2017 at 01:21 AM.

I agree with you. Iman Shumpert is an much better basketball player than Etwaun Moore. I've been confused by the hype on Moore...and Hill too. Shump is no All-Star, but his potential far outweighs the two players mentioned.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

See my other post. He is not good at all

Peter Jok Signs Camp Deal With Suns
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Deal-With-Suns
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

New York Knicks and Jarrett Jack have agreed to a one-year, non-guaranteed deal, league sources told @BBallInsiders. http://hoopshype.com/storyline/jarre...k-free-agency/

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post

Good update. Also, Pels signed Cliff Alexander to a training camp deal. Seems like a fairly athletic PF type.

Is Wade to the Cavs inevitable?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Good update. Also, Pels signed Cliff Alexander to a training camp deal. Seems like a fairly athletic PF type.
    He's also got insane length despite being 6'8". Got like a 9'1" standing reach.

Is Wade to the Cavs inevitable?
    Do they have any room to sign him? I thought they were way over the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post

Can he play small forward?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Do they have any room to sign him? I thought they were way over the cap?
    They are. Wade would have to sign for the vet minimum to minimize the cap ramifications. His salary is likely less important to him than it would usually be given the additional money he received from his buyout, which from reports looks to be around $15m. Cavs management has shown repeatedly a willingness to spend above and beyond to compete for a championship. And of course he and LeBron are besties. The fit makes sense.

Shocked that J.Smith didn't make the camp
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 09-25-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Thread Information