Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Hornets @ Pacers 6:00 PM CST

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Monty likes to have the backside wing creep up to the post and play help defense in the post. From what I gather, the Wings also play off to slow penetration. We have too many personnel issues to make his defense effective.
    Namely it calls for players to be heady and not so reactive. Aminu is neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    Thank god we can ditch Sideshow Bob after this year... People watching the box score, not the game, dont give me the "he has 18 and 10 " bs.

He is 7 foot, he cannot score close to the rim. 3 of 14, been blocked 7 times; great
    Please tell me you're kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman View Post
    Growing pains.......get use to it folks.
    yeh get austin in the thing and create shots
    Ballin

despite that 3, whenever mason has been in the game our offense has been even worse than it usually is

Amino is a bench player that is being forced to start out of necessity. We need to replace him this year

I wish I was. But no, I am not, he is pathetically soft

Monty likes to have the backside wing creep up to the post and play help defense in the post. From what I gather, the Wings also play off to slow penetration. We have too many personnel issues to make his defense effective.
    Okay. At what point do you tell your wing, "don't leave xxxxxx, he's too hot right now". Very simple adjustment to make.

Freaking terrible
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Sitting Anderson?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Sitting Anderson?
    He fouled out.

Sitting Anderson?
    Fouled out

Lopez is our Kobe Bryant tonight ... Just throw it to him and he will bail us out

Anderson fouled out

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Okay. At what point do you tell your wing, "don't leave xxxxxx, he's too hot right now". Very simple adjustment to make.
    It's basically picking your poison at this point. Either we get torched in the post or give up shots behind the arc. This team without Davis and Gordon is an ugly composition.

I've noticed that DDub REALLY likes to tell us how many possessions we are behind.

It's basically picking your poison at this point. Either we get torched in the post or give up shots behind the arc. This team without Davis and Gordon is an ugly composition.
    As many 3s as they give up, we're talking about giving up about 10 to 15 less points. I'd say the Hornets post defense is better. 2 is better than 3.

Seems our team is very much built to rely on Gordon and Davis on both ends of the court. Davis is great in help D, so it'd keep our defenders from cheating down so much. Gordon's a great defender as well.

Without either, really forces guys to do things they aren't suited to.

No matter. Keep pluggin'. Just wish Rivers was out there. He needs all the minutes he can get.

Hornets @ Pacers 6:00 PM CST

Let miller shoot the 3

Seems our team is very much built to rely on Gordon and Davis on both ends of the court. Davis is great in help D, so it'd keep our defenders from cheating down so much. Gordon's a great defender as well.

Without either, really forces guys to do things they aren't suited to.

No matter. Keep pluggin'. Just wish Rivers was out there. He needs all the minutes he can get.
    Is Rivers injured?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    As many 3s as they give up, we're talking about giving up about 10 to 15 less points. I'd say the Hornets post defense is better. 2 is better than 3.
    Right .. I will take my chances with our big men playing D straight up then sit there and let them shot 3 pointers

Hornets @ Pacers 6:00 PM CST

Cause our current strat obviously isn't working

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Is Rivers injured?
    H*ll naw, coach just want to put a veteran in. It isn't like will make the playoffs. We need our rookies to learn in this type of situation ughhhh

i put some blame on monty...i am tired of him not being able to make adjustments...hibbert is blocking lopez all game long and we keep going to him and it led to fastbreak baskets on the other end...i am tired of not guarding the 3 pt line at all...i am tired of being down by 6 and you need 3 pt shooters in and he makes no substitutions and we dont even go for a 3 anyways to give yourselves even a chance...and this is becoming a trend

lopez is not a starting center in this league..as a backup he would be fine..put i dont want him to get anymore than 15 min a game

Yeah, the coaching staff didn't do the team any favors. Couldn't figure out Indiana's ball rotation.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information