Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Lakers game thread

This one was hard fought and a well deserved win.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    wow

What a great win!! Winning these 3 was so important as we have the hardest 3 game stretch of the season coming up for us. Just won a brutal 3 game stretch.

Wow, this team deserves some damn respect after these 3 games. We're learning to close out games this is amazing. Also props to big time rondo holy ******** lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

So clutch, so much heart, this team has been a joy to watch. All those early close losses are paying off. They never get rattled and just walk teams down like Jason at the end of games.

3 wins in 3 nights. 5 games in 6 nights gives 4 wins.

43. We're making big moves this year
    Basketball.

Another win for the good guys. Now get some rest before the next game against the Houston Refs.

Two ugly games in 2 nights. Two wins.

I'll take it any way I can get it.

Lonzo was awful
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

This has been an awesome season . I’ve really enjoyed watching this team the play over the past 3 months.

Gentry has done a great job . Rondo has been incredible and AD has really grown and matured this season to a top 3 NBA player

We need to trade for Harrison Barnes this offseason. The guy is a Jrue Holiday at SF and is still getting better. I think everybody here would take a Holiday at SF for that $. Adding Boogie and Barnes to the team we are watching is a 55+ win team. Really sucks that Boogie had to go down like that. This team could have really done some damage in the playoffs. We still are a tough team that will surprise many. A big like AD present a mismatch for just about every team in the West.

80 points in the paint and less fts let that sink in wow! Lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Lonzo was awful
    Lonzo single handedly gave us the game. He was that bad at the end.

This has been a great run. Just a few games back of Portland, but we are in a good spot.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Lonzo didn't have that bad a game. He had some turnovers sure, but he had an overall solid game for a rookie.

That Lakers team is going to be very good very soon. I'm not completely sure that signing a big name free agent would be in their best interest.

Need that Lonzo Blooper reel where the team was clearing the lane for him to shoot... Just disrespectful.

I landed a job with a large bank in Houston today, so I treated my family and myself to the game. Better catch as many of these games before I have to move.

I need Rondo vs Thomas every night, if it means Rondo will be THAT aggressive. I was firing up some of my section in the Blender. I attended all 3 of the B2B2B games and this one was by far the most electric.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I landed a job with a large bank in Houston today, so I treated my family and myself to the game. Better catch as many of these games before I have to move.
    Congrats. I took a job in Southeast TX(Victoria) 3 years ago and best decision that I've made to move to a small town in the between Corpus, SA, H-Town, and Austin. Houston... Just make sure you live close to your employment and not the other side of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    We need to trade for Harrison Barnes this offseason. The guy is a Jrue Holiday at SF and is still getting better. I think everybody here would take a Holiday at SF for that $. Adding Boogie and Barnes to the team we are watching is a 55+ win team. Really sucks that Boogie had to go down like that. This team could have really done some damage in the playoffs. We still are a tough team that will surprise many. A big like AD present a mismatch for just about every team in the West.
    What would be the incentive for the Mavs to trade him to us, division rival, making us better and them worse? After this tanking season, I don't see them rolling with another tank season, and our bet offer would be based around 2019 1st (likely very low pick)/Mirotic/Ajinca/Moore or Hill.

Also, can't see Pels having 4 players make over 23mil/yr, especially for Barnes who is good but not great. He's also more of a small-ball PF who scores in a lot of the same areas that Davis does. Can't see it happening.

Keep the ideas coming though, I'm looking for a trade idea around Mirotic and Ajinca's expiring contracts of around 17.5mil.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Zero chance this happens. I’m sure we are already a tax team if Boogie comes back . We will also need to find away get Rondo back.

One of

I don't see Ajinca or hill back next season. That's like 17mil

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Congrats. I took a job in Southeast TX(Victoria) 3 years ago and best decision that I've made to move to a small town in the between Corpus, SA, H-Town, and Austin. Houston... Just make sure you live close to your employment and not the other side of the city.
    Thanks hermano. Maybe we should hit up a Rockets Pelicans game next season.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I don't see Ajinca or hill back next season. That's like 17mil
    I feel like we have to keep Hill as a depth necessity. Plus, he is untradeable

Thread Information