Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Gordon's first contact practice went well

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omalakas View Post
    Let's play some Puddin Pelican ball!
    well, I think we all know where the proof lies...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    To me, if the injuries continue to mount, Demps should be public enemy number one. Gordon is an injury prone player, but Dell is the one who matched the contract that could kill this teams books if he needs microfracture and/or just keeps getting injured.

I know we all love Dell and Gordon said some dumb things, but objectively speaking, Dell should be the one to blame and hate on if the injuries continue and he kills our cap, not Gordon.
    Dell had absolutely no choice but to pay him. Our cap will not be killed by the time his contract is up will be the time we are resigning the young guys. It will take a lot more for Dell to be public enemy #1. He did what just about any GM would do in that situation just life of the small market anyway. If he does stay injured and doesn't work out we will be fine and move on.

A lot of people I know always comment about the offense Eric will bring, but often forget that his defense is very good and much better than anyone we have of the perimeter now.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

#tanksohard
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    T-word is like ****ting your pants. Just get a warm feeling...but in the end...you still just stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    T-word is like ****ting your pants. Just get a warm feeling...but in the end...you still just stink.
    Awesome quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    To further the parallel. Once you have done it you don't really need to do it again. And at least the pain is over.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    At this point he doesn't even need to ball out. People will shut up if he just gets on the court for more than 5 games. Is that asking too much?
    lmao with Eric Gordon I think it is

Williams said after Monday's practice: "He looked pretty encouraging, but we'll see how he feels tomorrow.''
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

I don't think they practiced yesterday, so he had a lot of time to rest and see if some swelling develops. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough when the team reports for shootaround.

I thought he was already ruled out for Wed? Are we just talking about Friday potential? I'd just be happy if he traveled with the team.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    He was ruled out.

He was ruled out, but that doesn't mean he won't participate in the shootaround.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Yeah they ruled him out for tonight's game over the weekend. Haven't heard anything yet about Friday or Saturday. Hoping he can come back Friday.

Jennifer Hale's tweet:

"Eric Gordon here in Orlando, working out w/ #Hornets during shoot around. Not expected to play tonight vs #Magic."

Getting closer!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Dell had absolutely no choice but to pay him. Our cap will not be killed by the time his contract is up will be the time we are resigning the young guys. It will take a lot more for Dell to be public enemy #1. He did what just about any GM would do in that situation just life of the small market anyway. If he does stay injured and doesn't work out we will be fine and move on.
    He had a choice and he made the worst one IMO. Not only did he bet the bank on an oftenly injuried player he managed to do so while creating bad blood with said player.

I don't know how we judge which GM's would have re-signed Gordon from those who wouldn't. We see what Sam Presti does when he can't sign his players to the contracts and/or time frames he thinks is acceptable. We could have traded Gordon last year or even gave him the max deal, but instead we choose to play hard ball. Now both side are coming away looking bad. To top things off the one team that we know for sure would have given Gordon the contract he has is no longer a potential trade partner. Now if he really just doesn't want to be here or health continues to be a problem this kills us cap wise. Who's going to want to come here if 20% of the cap is going to a guy who always out of the line up?
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 12-26-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Reading another board there seems to be a idea that Gordon will take away shots from Anderson because he looks for himself first.

Gordon may take a shot or so away from Anderson a game on average but his efficiency will go up.

Well...yeah. Of course he's going to take shots away from Anderson. Anderson won't be the #1 option.

Was he trying to make that out as a negative?

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    It would be perfect if we could showcase his skills, that he's healthy, and then trade him for decent value before this nonsense happens again next year.

I firmly believe that Gordon is the 4th best 2 guard living on planet Earth today, and I was all for signing him long-term... But this situation has just gotten too scary. The guy has absolutely no PR skills, no personality, is ridiculously injury prone, and I'm worried that next year this crap would happen again.
    Yes, exactly, please PLEASE play this guy just enough to show he's healthy. Run the offense around him to make sure he gets a few 20 point games. Then trade his butt for the first decent deal put on the table!

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Reading another board there seems to be a idea that Gordon will take away shots from Anderson because he looks for himself first.

Gordon may take a shot or so away from Anderson a game on average but his efficiency will go up.
    I honestly think Anderson benefits from Gordon and gets more shots then before. Gordon draws so much more attention then our other players which should free Anderson up a lot more for open looks. If its not Gordon kicking it out then it might be Gordon getting the 2 person pass hockey assist to Anderson. I see this happening a lot more now that defenses will be sucking to Gordon. The pick&pop will be awesome with these 2. A lot of times I see Anderson having to create for himself at the 3, but not in this case he can be a spot up shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post

I don't know how i feel about that. Anderson's a guy that will be coming off the bench anyway, so he may need to redistribute when he takes the bulk of his shots. I think these two can play very well together though, and I agree it will improve his efficiency.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Yes, exactly, please PLEASE play this guy just enough to show he's healthy. Run the offense around him to make sure he gets a few 20 point games. Then trade his butt for the first decent deal put on the table!
    So, we give up on Rivers after 30ish games, and trade Gordon for the first, not the best deal on the table. Sounds like a plan.

I like it. It's a good way to bond. Endear Eric to his teammates and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    He had a choice and he made the worst one IMO. Not only did he bet the bank on an oftenly injuried player he managed to do so while creating bad blood with said player.

I don't know how we judge which GM's would have re-signed Gordon from those who wouldn't. We see what Sam Presti does when he can't sign his players to the contracts and/or time frames he thinks is acceptable. We could have traded Gordon last year or even gave him the max deal, but instead we choose to play hard ball. Now both side are coming away looking bad. To top things off the one team that we know for sure would have given Gordon the contract he has is no longer a potential trade partner. Now if he really just doesn't want to be here or health continues to be a problem this kills us cap wise. Who's going to want to come here if 20% of the cap is going to a guy who always out of the line up?
    You are gonna base Sam Presti off of one deal he did? He basically had no choice but to trade him and he got great return. It's not Dells fault the Suns were not able to trade they offered and ruined it. Dell did exactly what any GM would do match a contract for a top 5 SG. No one could predict this would happen and you can't blame either party for the knee. Dell did what was best for the Hornets and that was keep Gordon for the future whether that's a trade or a part of this team. Nobody looks stupid at all except for maybe Gordon because the things he said. He did what was best for him at the time and I forgive him. He is now a Horney and we need to let time play this situation out before we call anybody stupid.

Interesting if Gordon debuts Saturday, that is an NBA TV game against Charlotte. Hornets might get some extended gum flapping time on national tv.

Thread Information