Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread Part II

not trying to sound like an ahole here.... but if you're going to disreguard the names suggested then would you care to suggest any of your own.

people are at least putting in the effort of a name. and face it no matter what name is chosen there will be a group of people that do not like the name. some names like the Voodoo, Brass, Knights, etc have a legit chance of happening.

Krewe...already stated

I have already stated that I am on board with the Krewe.....I agree with keeping a theme of Nola which the Arcangels, Knights i just dont see it happening. The duke name would be so caught up with David Duke it wouldnt last. I think the pelicans could work as well...again based on logo designs and the fact that its our state bird and we had a semi pro ball team with that name. A successful team too... the Brass was not successful and i love the voodoo but it should stay in AFL....

Dukes always will remember the NHL Team from Anaheim...

So this, keep Hornets... or give a new nickname, like ArcAngles or Knights

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	complete green gold.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	3656

heres my 1st attempt at jersey-making; I couldn't resist it seemed like so much fun. Voodoo is my favorite rebrand choice so naturally I chose to work with that. As you can see, I jacked the voodoo fest emblem because it looks really cool. INFRINGEMENT! INFRINGEMENT!!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseNoKrewe View Post
    From a very scientific poll taken at a party....Dukes was far away the winner. I didn't even hear of that idea until today and the more I hear it, the more I like it. Easily tied to the city and the artwork could be awesome. Saints worked just as Dukes could work.
    As a UNC fan I cringe at the mere idea.
    Wherehappens.

it doesent matter what name we have as long as we have a solid product on the floor and Benson will put out the money. but i agree 100% on the Duke ordeal. and anything involving storms or weather probably wont fly either

Quote Originally Posted by DpSthTgr View Post
    I have already stated that I am on board with the Krewe.....I agree with keeping a theme of Nola which the Arcangels, Knights i just dont see it happening. The duke name would be so caught up with David Duke it wouldnt last. I think the pelicans could work as well...again based on logo designs and the fact that its our state bird and we had a semi pro ball team with that name. A successful team too... the Brass was not successful and i love the voodoo but it should stay in AFL....
    Annnnnnd you lost me.
    I like basketball

Twitter: @jsgrayson

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    As a UNC fan I cringe at the mere idea.
    Despite being someone who hates both UNC and Duke, I LOVE this idea!!!
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Question Yeah...Dukes...great idea...GO DAVID DUKES!!!!

Maybe we can have him as the mascot? Not that I didnt cast my Gubernatorial vote for him when he ran but just dont see this happening....

One I havent heard yet...

New Orleans Mojo.....A take on Voodoo.....Decent but not great

Maybe we can have him as the mascot? Not that I didnt cast my Gubernatorial vote for him when he ran but just dont see this happening....
    There are over 33,000 people in this country with the surname Duke. Denigrating a mascot choice because one of those happens to be unsavory is a tad short-sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Risin' View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	complete green gold.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	3656

heres my 1st attempt at jersey-making; I couldn't resist it seemed like so much fun. Voodoo is my favorite rebrand choice so naturally I chose to work with that. As you can see, I jacked the voodoo fest emblem because it looks really cool. INFRINGEMENT! INFRINGEMENT!!

i'm actually really digging this especially the colors .... nice job

OOOH someone knows how to use big words in a sentence. Look here JESUIT BOY, I was stating that when people think of Louisiana and the name Duke is in the same sentence....no one thinks about Duke Ellington or Dookie Chase's they think about David Duke.As, I stated I voted for him so Im not bashing him just DO NOT think this is a good choice for a team name in New Orleans....we just had a council at large race that was completely base on 1 woman saying she was better for New Orleans because she is black....can you imagine the outcome if we have Dukes as a name....some people will go nuts!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    The New Orleans Swamp Cats anyone???

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kaitos View Post
    Dukes always will remember the NHL Team from Anaheim...

So this, keep Hornets... or give a new nickname, like ArcAngles or Knights
    Ducks? Mighty Ducks of Anaheim?

Knights went over really well when I was out last night. People like the Brass thing too but are turned off by the fact that it's not plural. I tend to agree.

Pilots!

Screw the politically correct outliers. This is basketball, John Wayne was known as the Duke. He's as American and wholesome as apple pie.

He's not going to live forever, and heck just forget about him and his infamy.

==
    Sidenote: Back in 79 or 80. David Duke came in to our Wendy's on Clearview. All the boys put their aprons over their heads. Duke saw it, and turned and walked out. The people in line cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn-et View Post
    There are over 33,000 people in this country with the surname Duke. Denigrating a mascot choice because one of those happens to be unsavory is a tad short-sighted.
    Well said Jesuit guy.

Raider Pride!!

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    There's already a thread for this -- we don't need new ones every time someone thinks their idea is better or they want to rage about it.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    There's already a thread for this -- we don't need new ones every time someone thinks their idea is better or they want to rage about it.
    Agreed, these "qq" threads and posts are getting just as old as the "this is why my re-brand name is better than your re-brand name" posts.

And people should definitely stop ostracizing others for offering their opinions on a fan forum.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    i'm actually really digging this especially the colors .... nice job
    thank you sir. unlike bigdub I don't consider my self an artist at all, so its nice to get any compliment.

To Joe-Hornet, I couldn't agree more and I tried to agree more too. I'm an equal hater of both UNC and Duke or at least I should say I could care less about either. Dukes is a great name. No way should it be off limits because of a non connection to an ACC school. Dukes, has a wonderful tie in with city, Saints, and the fluer de lis. It has historical significance going back to the founding of the city. Anyone attaching David Duke to it because that's just what they think when they hear it, simply needs to be educated on the origin a bit more. Does Mr. Duke really have that much power over the centuries old title of Duke? If you are a fan of Knights (not totally sold on that one yet), I think Dukes could be personified in a similar fashion but retains more of historical value.

When I hear Voodoo I think salmonella from the ritualistic use of chickens. I am therefore afraid that the national media may refer to us as the Salmonellas.

BTW, as much as I hate to admit it, it would seem as though those JESUIT BOYS run much of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseNoKrewe View Post
    To Joe-Hornet, I couldn't agree more and I tried to agree more too. I'm an equal hater of both UNC and Duke or at least I should say I could care less about either. Dukes is a great name. No way should it be off limits because of a non connection to an ACC school. Dukes, has a wonderful tie in with city, Saints, and the fluer de lis. It has historical significance going back to the founding of the city. Anyone attaching David Duke to it because that's just what they think when they hear it, simply needs to be educated on the origin a bit more. Does Mr. Duke really have that much power over the centuries old title of Duke? If you are a fan of Knights (not totally sold on that one yet), I think Dukes could be personified in a similar fashion but retains more of historical value.

When I hear Voodoo I think salmonella from the ritualistic use of chickens. I am therefore afraid that the national media may refer to us as the Salmonellas.

BTW, as much as I hate to admit it, it would seem as though those JESUIT BOYS run much of the city.
    I was just speaking personally.

Thread Information