Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Losers

Losers

So after 2 games this team looks exactly the same as the last few years. And Holiday has to be one of the most overrated players in the league. With subpar coaching and a really iffy roster shoot for 500 at the very most although I think final record will be more like 38-44. So disappointed same ole same ole.

Banned
    They play the Lakers next so we should get a Win

We only 2 games in we could go on a 10 game streak at anytime. I’m trying to be optimistic. We looked good against the Warriors and played Memphis’ home opener and have two dominant bigs that will cause havoc for many teams. Just watch how we crush the Lakers Sunday. Scary thing is Lonzo might go nuts on our weak guards. Nevertheless this is only the beginning of an 82 game season! Believe me I’m usually hopeless with the Pels but this year I’ m trying.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We gonna be fine. This year is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    So after 2 games this team looks exactly the same as the last few years.
    if you really think that you didnt watch the game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    So after 2 games this team looks exactly the same as the last few years.

your team has 2 stars on it that put up a combined 70pts 30reb 10ast in your home opener and you think the team looks exactly the same as the last few years?

??

???

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post

your team has 2 stars on it that put up a combined 70pts 30reb 10ast in your home opener and you think the team looks exactly the same as the last few years?

??

???
    Probably means role plays being pretty trash outside the big 2. Clark is doing well tho

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post

??

???
    Yes Sir your are correct. We played that same way for 14 games last year.
    Problem #1 They cant keep going at that high level for long.
    DC is not in shape for #1 and #2 AD will get injured playing at that high level all over the floor doing it all.
    We need to pace ourselves steady. Remember the Warriors played just enough to win. In other words playing up to their competition.
    It was a good gauge to see where we are at as a ball club with Jrue Holiday DC AD all healthy and having this bonding playing together all summer and training camp
    It obvious DC doesn't run the plays its like he is still playing in the parks of Mobile, AL
    Lets see what happens against the Lakers
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 10-21-2017 at 07:17 AM.

I'm disappointed in this forum more than the team after this last game. We took the Warriors hardest shot and kept it a game until the end. I'm not sure what people were expecting to see from this game but the Pelicans surpassed my wildest dreams in it. I thought we'd lose by 20+ after that embarrassing Memphis game.

Banned
    Mythrol you are spot on we should have lost by 20+ points.
    The score didn't reflect the true balance between these teams.
    We played a ball club always getting the opposing teams best shot taking at them every night.
    Looking deeper at the real substance of what we as a Team did or didn't do is what counts.
    We have AD hands down true player. He throws his body out on the line night after night.
    Lets see what we take from this loss and pick it up against the Lakers on Sunday.
    We should get 3 wins this month Lakers, Kings, Magic.
    It is what it is sometimes.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 10-21-2017 at 07:26 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Probably means role plays being pretty trash outside the big 2. Clark is doing well tho
    But our big 2 has never been this good before.

Matching it up one to one, we never had a team like this. And Ian Clark has been a keeper so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    We played a ball club always getting the opposing teams best shot taking at them every night.
    Looking deeper at the real substance of what we as a Team did or didn't do is what counts.
    We have AD hands down true player. He throws his body out on the line night after night.
    Lets see what we take from this loss and pick it up against the Lakers on Sunday.
    Who came into this game thinking the two teams were balanced? These are the world champs who only lost 1 playoff game last season. The fact people are upset after we played a heck of a game is a testament on the fans not the team.

People should be encouraged by this performance. Yet here we are with a forum full of negative Nancy’s.

Banned
    Encouraged at a scoreboard that doesn’t reflect the true outcome?
    Sure they played over their head for 1 quarter. This Franchise is selling this is a 50 Win Team.
    After 19 games with DC are we a better team? I don’t think so at all.
    Stats don’t win games as a team. Everyone is entitled to their opinion it’s sports which is great fun.

As long as we beat the teams we’re supposed to beat then I’m fine with taking a close L from a contender. Season is still very early folks.

Encouraged at a scoreboard that doesn’t reflect the true outcome?
    Sure they played over their head for 1 quarter. This Franchise is selling this is a 50 Win Team.
    After 19 games with DC are we a better team? I don’t think so at all.
    Stats don’t win games as a team. Everyone is entitled to their opinion it’s sports which is great fun.
    Did you actually what the game? I said nothing about stats in my post. This team *LOOKED* much better this game and ran the offense the entire time.

If you don't want to be encouraged by a much improved performance and instead only want to look at the Stat of wins and losses then that's fine, but you're the one looking at the box score, not me.

Pathethic thought process. It explains the ineptness of the team. Losers think this way...I'm looking for this team to win against the GS of the world instead of beating my chest that we hung with them and didn't get blown out.
    The goals of some fans never cease to amaze me.

The Franchise
    I was happier about the play tonight. Still need to quit giving up easy baskets especially inbound under the goal. I think if we play like tonight we'd prob win like 55 games. Clark needs to move to pg and we need another bigger wing. Matching up with bigger SG and SF will kill us all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    But our big 2 has never been this good before.

Matching it up one to one, we never had a team like this. And Ian Clark has been a keeper so far.
    If half of the money hadn't been grossly mismanaged, we'd be able to build a proper contender

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Pathethic thought process. It explains the ineptness of the team. Losers think this way...I'm looking for this team to win against the GS of the world instead of beating my chest that we hung with them and didn't get blown out.
    The goals of some fans never cease to amaze me.
    Then you can’t be a fan of many teams in the NBA because GS doesn’t lose very many games. We went into this game with 1/3 of our roster on injured reserve, GS was full health.

There is only one Golden State in the world. Judging a team that had a losing record last year based off of beating the world champions or not is stupid. Instead what you should do is look at how the team played and take the positives from the performance, not the final score.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-21-2017 at 10:30 AM.

I see the same people have come out of hiding finally to ********** and moan.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Then you can’t be a fan of many teams in the NBA because GS doesn’t lose very many games. We went into this game with 1/3 of our roster on injured reserve, GS was full health.

There is only one Golden State in the world. Judging a team that had a losing record last year based off of beating the world champions or not is stupid. Instead what you should do is look at how the team played and take the positives from the performance, not the final score.
    I don't even know why you bother. Half the people on this forum are only here to complain about absolutely nothing and make mountains out of every molehill. No one expected us to win last night, but we managed a close competitive game, and for some that's something to complain about.

Those kinds of people won't be pleased unless we go 82-0, winning games by an average of 25 points a night. And you'd still have someone complaining about a Jrue turnover in game 44 during the 2nd quarter. Just whiners.

This is why I don't come to this board as often. We have 2 freaking losses! One of them came from a solid Grizzlies team for our 1st game of the season missing 2 starters.. the 2nd came against arguably the best team in NBA history who we outplayed but came up short.. people need to relax..

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is why I don't come to this board as often. We have 2 freaking losses! One of them came from a solid Grizzlies team for our 1st game of the season missing 2 starters.. the 2nd came against arguably the best team in NBA history who we outplayed but came up short.. people need to relax..
    I dont complain about the losses at all. I complain about what I see from Jrue. Before we gave him the contract I wasnt sure if he should get it or not and then I convinced myself there was no other option. I am excited that we have two talented big men especially that I am not a fan of small ball and taking a lot of unprepared shots but are you happy with what you have seen so far from Jrue? I get it that it;s only two games but it's like he wasnt even there.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I dont complain about the losses at all. I complain about what I see from Jrue. Before we gave him the contract I wasnt sure if he should get it or not and then I convinced myself there was no other option. I am excited that we have two talented big men especially that I am not a fan of small ball and taking a lot of unprepared shots but are you happy with what you have seen so far from Jrue? I get it that it;s only two games but it's like he wasnt even there.
    Jrue actually played well until Durant rejected him on that dunk attempt. After that he seemed to disappear offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm disappointed in this forum more than the team after this last game. We took the Warriors hardest shot and kept it a game until the end. I'm not sure what people were expecting to see from this game but the Pelicans surpassed my wildest dreams in it. I thought we'd lose by 20+ after that embarrassing Memphis game.
    Bruh...

Bruh...

What is good on this team besides AD and DC? This team is trash outside of 2 all-stars. Lets take the homer glasses off and realize this isn't a good team. It's a middle of the pack team that has no way to improve due to maxing out the cap for Jrue FREAKING Holiday. And he didn't even earn his 44 million contract that we trade him on and we go back overpay $125 million on potential... I'm sick of this team overpaying for potential and constantly busting.

Thread Information