Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Knicks 1/19/15 Gameday Thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The Pels are a one team instrument of parity. We're keeping the NBA close by giving good teams losses and bad teams wins.

We're making the league more competitive!

/spin

I like the personnel. I've been begging for an offensive mined guru for years and years while Monty has been here.

Every year, this coach makes me want one even more. That end of the floor is the problem. The bare talent on that end is the only thing that keeps the ratings decent.

I dont think we should fire Monty just yet. Give him a chance with the full health roster. This should be a really good team with Jrue-Gordon-Qpon and Reke off the bench. If he cant win with them, time to go

Fact is we are missing our 2 best players and Anderson practically playing for the other team
    Last edited by speedyG; 01-19-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I dont think we should fire Monty just yet. Give him a chance with the full health roster. This should be a really good team with Jrue-Gordon-Qpon and Reke off the bench. If he cant win with them, time to go

Fact is we are missing our 2 best players and Anderson practically playing for the other team
    He has had 5 years
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post

Fact is we are missing our 2 best players and Anderson is playing god awful
    Give Monty at least 10 more years! He's a nice guy, a players coach, and can help the Pelicans load up on lottery picks for years to come.

No one gets 5 years in any pro sport and stays without a playoff, not even the best of the best. Infact I don't know if you can have 4 bad years and still be around. Over under on Monty being fired before LA Lakers game?

so I just realized this Dell Harris guy was a good coach at one point, why is he in the studio?

Also fans have a voice, the KC Chiefs were able to do it. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=264510
    that is the save the chiefs movement when things were bad up until last year they flew banners over the stadium put together rallies before games where people would wear shirts stating save our chiefs or bags over there heads. Ownership loved the front office then but knew if they wanted to keep the fan base they would have to make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    No one gets 5 years in any pro sport and stays without a playoff, not even the best of the best. Infact I don't know if you can have 4 bad years and still be around. Over under on Monty being fired before LA Lakers game?
    I'll say if they lose to the Lakers. Especially with AD back, he'll be gone shortly after. No doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Whoa. That's the email of this chick I met at the club last week.
    Wow your such a witty booger arent you?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Whoa. That's the email of this chick I met at the club last week.
    I'm that chick.

I disagree with anyone who says that roster changes>coaching change right now. This roster can win.. I believe that and the team has shown they can beat anyone on any given night. They need a new coach who can put it all together on a consistent basis.

You can make Ryan Anderson shoot that awful. Not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    He has had 5 years

If I'm not mistaken he has had to deal with almost a totally roster for the 1st 3 yrs. That not fair to judge. this is basically yr 2 with a core for Monty, and not having to reinstall his system again.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    If I'm not mistaken he has had to deal with almost a totally roster for the 1st 3 yrs. That not fair to judge. this is basically yr 2 with a core for Monty, and not having to reinstall his system again.
    2 bad years with a top 10 player and now top 5 and u get under .500 basketball? He is gone. Didn't take Kerr to long in golden state to reinstall the system. I am so tired of that bs excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    2 bad years with a top 10 player and now top 5 and u get under .500 basketball? He is gone. Didn't take Kerr to long in golden state to reinstall the system. I am so tired of that bs excuse.

But but Monty system is sooooo complex that it will take years to understand! He is the Lupe Fiasco of coaching!

Banned
    We will beat the lakers by 35

Kerr basically kept the same system. And basically all yrs with anthony davis, key members of the team were either Injured or mediocre. Last yr was the first yr we actually had the talent on paper to make playoffs and we all know what happened to Jrue AD Ryno and Tyreke. If you want a guy for the sake of wanting him out just say that, but can't say he hasn't had to deal with lack of talent or low basketball IQ players for most of his tenure. You can't compare oranges to tangerines just because they look the same.

Guys, I have a solution to your frustrations. Start betting this team straight up LWLWLWLWLWLWL. I have made 3800.00 the last few weeks.

it will be like this the rest of the year.

Kerr basically kept the same system. And basically all yrs with anthony davis, key members of the team were either Injured or mediocre. Last yr was the first yr we actually had the talent on paper to make playoffs and we all know what happened to Jrue AD Ryno and Tyreke. If you want a guy for the sake of wanting him out just say that, but can't say he hasn't had to deal with lack of talent or low basketball IQ players for most of his tenure. You can't compare oranges to tangerines just because they look the same.
    I want the guy out because of his body of work which is simply under .500 basketball. I gave him a mulligan last year, but he has not shown me anything to think he is better than what I have seen this year. Sounds like you are just making a bunch of excuses.. Good coaches don't need excuses. They find a way to make the team play hard no matter what the circumstances.

Go back to individual games through the years, regardless of the talent he was working with. I cant count how many times PER SEASON we question his ability to call timeouts to stop a run, or prepare the team for what should be an easy game, or handle late-game rotations in close situations.

There are differences between excuses and reasons.. excuses are monuments of nothing. I for one do not support excuses but I am fair. In my eyes and my opinion this is yr 2 for monty. And has still dealt with injury. Do i think he is perfect... No. Do i think He barely gets credit for the wins but takes all of it for the losses... Yes. Do I question his strategy and rotations at times... yes. Do I feel like he is an awful coach... No. The statement was made that it didn't take Kerr long to implement his system. And my rebuttal was that Kerr basically kept the same system so you can't compare the two. Both situations were not the same. And I think playing without 2 of your 4 and sometimes 3 of your 4 Key players for and extended period of time is not an excuse. I would be having the same stance if it was somebody else coaching. People are so used to this microwave society that they want results now. It doesn't work like that. I had hopes of us making the playoffs but i would be okay if we didn't I looked at this season different from most. As long as we have improvement from last yr at the end of the season I see it as a step in the right direction, and if we made the playoffs then that's just a plus.

Banned
    There was just an article on Yahoo Sports that was asking if the Knicks we the worst team EVER! Yes everrrrrr.

We won last night because Frenchy had the game of his life.

We lost tonight because the kid from baton rouge had the game of HIS life.

Why is it dudes have their career highs against us?

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    Go back to individual games through the years, regardless of the talent he was working with. I cant count how many times PER SEASON we question his ability to call timeouts to stop a run, or prepare the team for what should be an easy game, or handle late-game rotations in close situations.
    I am a strong New Orleans fan. I do partial agree with you. Some times I do question some of his decisions. But you have to remember what coaching tree he comes from. Pop, as well as some of other coaches (Phil, Rick Carlisle, Tom Thib), at times force there guys to play through droughts and stop the bleeding themselves. Pop did it alot when Tony Parker was hunger. So i believe he was trying the same thing. However, you need High basketball IQ players to do so. In most cases Monty did not have that. Now if you want to argue that he should realize this sooner, then that's a different discussion. However, you can't say it's not the right thought process to try to implement that with your players because the best coaches in the business do it. And is a luxury if your team is able to achieve that

Thread Information