Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Jimmy Smith ‏@JimmySmithtp
    @TheofficialEG10 says latest MRI might have indicated some undetermined damage to painful right knee. More to come.

The Franchise
    What a a-hole

Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

He can't play because his heart is still in Phoenix. What a damn joke this dude is!

So say he is hurt somehow again. Are we stuck with his contract or is there a way we can void it? Not that it would be smart i'm just curious at the options we have here at this point.

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Yet another stupid move by Demps.

I'm not a hater of Demps but he's made two potential moves that could damage our team's future. His first one was the horrible trade he agreed to with LA so he could field a 8th seed team/middle of the pack team. Luckily Stern saved him on that one. Then, with all of the history of EG and Gordon making clear as day statements he wanted out, he STILL matches the offer. Now look where we stand.

Also on Monty because Monty strung the company line that Gordon was "the leader of our team that we need to keep". And there were a ton of media members also saying "match the offer, Gordon is worth pushing this under the rug for".

So a guy with no injury may miss the whole season? Or until December 15 when he gets what he wants which is a trade out of town. Either way I still support resigning him, he'll pass a physical and get a better haul than what would have been had in a s&t with Phoenix

@McNamara247 So there is nothing structurally wrong, but Gordon doesn't know if he will play this year? #IamDone

Given how awful this guy is with the media, does anyone think he isn't trying to force a trade at this point? Mysterious, phantom injuries can miraculously recover at any time, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    @SteveGellerWWL: Eric Gordon update...he says no timetable for his return AND wouldn't rule out missing entire season

@GerrityJoe: Eric gordon said It has been very frustrating as a player not to do your job every day.

@GerrityJoe: Gordon said its very painful. He said he doesnt know "at all" when or if he'll be be back this season.

@GerrityJoe: Gordon contradicted himself. he said there is no damage, but there is damage. Very odd. Video soon.

@GerrityJoe: @GerrityJoe: He "sorta" experienced a setback between vegas and camp. There is nothing structurally wrong. Hes had mri's recently

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    So say he is hurt somehow again. Are we stuck with his contract or is there a way we can void it? Not that it would be smart i'm just curious at the options we have here at this point.
    Thing about the NBA is all contracts are Guaranteed. So we are screwed. We can trade him Dec 15, can't imagine he has much trade value at this point. But looks like he is stuck with us for the long hall.

#Hornets @TheofficialEG10 says doctors see possible damage inside ailing right knee. http://bit.ly/SzCaI0

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...d_eric_36.html

at this point I don't care what we can get for Gordon, lets just unload his contract and move on

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Dudes a clown.

This guy just puts a damper on everything doesnt he? We had the season opener yesterday and ohhh erics not playing. Today its this... I feel like this could have probably waited for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeauz View Post
    @McNamara247 So there is nothing structurally wrong, but Gordon doesn't know if he will play this year? #IamDone
    I tend to agree with this tweet.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

We have the worst Training staff/doctors in the NBA. I mean this is part Gordon being fragile, and part our doctors being completely inept on making a diagnosis. For goodness sake we need new medical staff personel.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    We have the worst Training staff/doctors in the NBA. I mean this is part Gordon being fragile, and part our doctors being completely inept on making a diagnosis. For goodness sake we need new medical staff personel.
    This is how I am leaning now. Either that or he is a wimp.

Yes I do believe it is possible that he is just a terrible human but it just doesn't make much sense. Why not play then force your way out in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn(ets) View Post
    Yet another stupid move by Demps.

I'm not a hater of Demps but he's made two potential moves that could damage our team's future. His first one was the horrible trade he agreed to with LA so he could field a 8th seed team/middle of the pack team. Luckily Stern saved him on that one. Then, with all of the history of EG and Gordon making clear as day statements he wanted out, he STILL matches the offer. Now look where we stand.

Also on Monty because Monty strung the company line that Gordon was "the leader of our team that we need to keep". And there were a ton of media members also saying "match the offer, Gordon is worth pushing this under the rug for".
    Man, what are you talking about? Your feelings are hurt by a trade that didn't officially take place? And how do you know that the LA trade was the end of the line and that he didnt have other moves in store from that point? Yea...you don't. Also, nobody fault's him for the signing because of the injury. If another team brings me in and throws max money at me I'm going to tell them I want to play there as well. The only thing people question are Gordon's motives and was he worth the risk if he really doesnt want to be here....which nobody knows the real answer. We were told all along that he would be ready for this season so why not match the contract for a scorer that everyone deemed would be healthy enough to play? This post reeks of someone just talking out of their head. Here's your chair -> _/ ....Take a seat with all that misguided negativity.

#Hornets @TheofficialEG10 says doctors see possible damage inside ailing right knee. http://bit.ly/SzCaI0

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...d_eric_36.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigeauz View Post
    So which one is correct?

I think some blame has to be put on the training staff at this point.

If he is saying that he's gonna be out for a while, then he had better be getting surgery in the next week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

POSTED ON NOLA.COM

Monty's seems to be saying that the doctor's have cleared Gordon to play but that he is refusing to do do by claiming he is still injured. As an attorney, Gordon could potentially be breaching his contract. If a player is healthy enough to play and refuses to do so, he has breached his contract. The team might have a legal recourse to get out of this deal and get rid of the guy.

LOL

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce06 View Post
    Man, what are you talking about? Your feelings are hurt by a trade that didn't officially take place? And how do you know that the LA trade was the end of the line and that he didnt have other moves in store from that point? Yea...you don't. Also, nobody fault's him for the signing because of the injury. If another team brings me in and throws max money at me I'm going to tell them I want to play there as well. The only thing people question are Gordon's motives and was he worth the risk if he really doesnt want to be here....which nobody knows the real answer. We were told all along that he would be ready for this season so why not match the contract for a scorer that everyone deemed would be healthy enough to play? This post reeks of someone just talking out of their head. Here's your chair -> _/ ....Take a seat with all that misguided negativity.
    LOL, you really just drew a chair at me? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    POSTED ON NOLA.COM
    Is that in an article or comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    So which one is correct?

I think some blame has to be put on the training staff at this point.

If he is saying that he's gonna be out for a while, then he had better be getting surgery in the next week or two.
    I don't think we know yet.

One quote is from Gordon himself, who knows if what he is saying is correct.
    the other is an opinion.

I think what he need is for Monty to explain exactly what the doctors are saying about Gordon. Don't hold your breath because that won't happen.

Thread Information