Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Austin Rivers update

Austin Rivers update

x-rays are negative on his ankle.

That's why you don't like voodoo?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Good news, but doesn't mean he doesn't have a high ankle sprain. Could be quite a while before we see him again.
    Wherehappens.

He is wearing a boot.

Knowing the Hornets philosophy, they will take their time bringing him back. I put him at 10% to play on opening night.
    @mcnamara247

http://www.mobli.com/media/show/id/21498215?referer=tw

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Hornets coach Monty Williams says Austin Rivers to get MRI on ankle TUES but adds that sprain, at first glance, not as bad as landing looked

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty said Austin Rivers (ankle) will get MRI tomorrow "to make sure he's OK.He was walking around but we're still not sure yet (of status)"

Whats the prognosis on his jump shot?

I keed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triumph_insult_dog.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	4378

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Good news, but doesn't mean he doesn't have a high ankle sprain. Could be quite a while before we see him again.
    Holy double negative, Batman. (Just kidding)

But you're right, an x-ray won't tell us much about the ligaments or tendons. We'll have to wait and see.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

I keed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triumph_insult_dog.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	4378

wow , it is noticible we need more offense spark plugs on this team....is it possible to pickup any of the players that are being cut by the others teams.....i.e the lakers let Chris-Douglas Roberts go at SF ...he is known for his offense/// 50% on defense

Quote Originally Posted by PLAY TO WIN View Post
    wow , it is noticible we need more offense spark plugs on this team....is it possible to pickup any of the players that are being cut by the others teams.....i.e the lakers let Chris-Douglas Roberts go at SF ...he is known for his offense/// 50% on defense
    I think a better option would be Terrence Williams who was cut today, guy has personality issues but no doubt has the ability to create and score for himself, also Johnny Flynn was cut today as well. Seeing how PG is a major concern and also with rivers going down today it couldn't hurt bringing him in. But by no means are these guys the answer for the hornets problems.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Have you guys heard of Wafers? He has a little age on him but he can ball, wish we could send a trade for him.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Dallas – Judging from video replays of the event, the fact that New Orleans Hornets rookie shooting guard Austin Rivers walked out of American Airlines Center here Monday night without the aid of crutches or wheelchair was nothing short of miraculous. Rivers had his right foot and ankle immobilized by a heavy plastic walking boot after landing awkwardly and spraining the ankle while driving for a layup with 3:22 remaining in the second quarter of what would eventually become a lopsided 87-74 exhibition loss to the Dallas Mavericks.

It was the same ankle from which bone chips were removed in mid-summer after Rivers experienced pain while playing for the Hornets' Las Vegas Summer League team.

Yet as he faced a phalanx of inquisitors post-game on Monday night, Rivers vowed to be ready for the Hornets' regular-season opener on Oct. 31 in New Orleans Arena against the San Antonio Spurs.

"It looks like it's a right ankle sprain and we're just going to go from there and keep trying to get better," Rivers said. "I just kind of landed on my foot; my body landed on my own foot. It kind of felt funny. You learn. I went in there looking for contact and a call instead of just trying to make the shot. Usually when you look for contact you don't get the call. You learn from your mistakes and keep moving forward.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    You learn. I went in there looking for contact and a call instead of just trying to make the shot. Usually when you look for contact you don't get the call. You learn from your mistakes and keep moving forward.
    This is good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Have you guys heard of Wafers? He has a little age on him but he can ball, wish we could send a trade for him.
    Von Wafer?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Wish him a speedy recovery. Rivers, more than Davis or Miller needs to get his reps.

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    Glad it wasnt a knee

Great to see...

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    Glad it wasnt a knee
    I could not watch the game, so I could only judge by the reactions on the gameday thread, and everyone kept saying his knee, so you know what I immediately thought.

I was thinking about Johnny Flynn, too. Not sure why he hasn't been able to stick with a team, but he could be a help at the PG spot here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I was thinking about Johnny Flynn, too. Not sure why he hasn't been able to stick with a team, but he could be a help at the PG spot here.
    He was drafted due to his ability to penetrate using his quickness. He then hurt his hip and is now no longer quick enough to do what he was drafted to do. He has no other NBA caliber skills.

Rivers said that he feels if it was game 7 of a playoff series he could play. That has to be somewhat promising huh?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Rivers said that he feels if it was game 7 of a playoff series he could play. That has to be somewhat promising huh?
    Actually yeah... but he wouldn't know yet.

I wouldn't take that comment too literally. It shows that he would go back in injured. But unless he actually get to test that ankle, I'd only take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Terminal illness

Thread Information