Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Boats

Pels vs Boats

Game day boys and girls! To get you hyped here's Cousins at practice today.

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/stat...799384064?s=19

At least he can still practice shooting!

Per Kushner

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/st...703450624?s=19

I made a post when we had that bad stretch that I thought having Cousins around would be huge for us just to give people that fire. I'm glad to hear Gentry is thinking the same thing.

don't see diallo or jackson tho

Looking at team pics from today, and Frank’s instagram...he’s out shopping and everyone else is in the gym? Lol. Actually that shopping post was from yesterday, but still!
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

From 2hrs ago:

I’ve never been so invested in a roster before. These pics make me so happy.

I can't wait to see Frank Jackson and Solo back. They will give us the needed push to stay on top of the West.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

No Ajinca?....lol

Mad that galinari is back tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Where did you read that? From all the reports I've seen, he is expected to miss tonight's game.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    he's out another couple weeks at least

You guys should check out the pics on the pels site

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I kind of forgot Frank Jackson was on the team until I saw that picture. There has been absolutely ZERO news on him lately. I'm guessing they are just sitting for the season.

That camaraderie reminds me of the CP3 piece I read a while back that basically gets to the heart of that unquantified component of good teams that is rarely credited in basketball and that is that on and off-the-court relationship building:

Paul refers to many of the 2008 Hornets as "VCR friends," because they can pause communication for six months and pick up where they left off.
    Paul adored those 2008 Hornets, the rollicking team dinners at his condo downtown and the heated game nights at Tyson Chandler's house in the suburbs. They traveled in packs a dozen deep, like on one Saturday night in Toronto, when they rolled into a popular club called Muzik. At midnight, early by T Dot standards, small forward Bonzi Wells noticed Paul paying the bill and calling the cars. "O.K.," Wells sighed, "I guess it's time to leave." The Hornets solemnly filed out of the club, then throttled the Raptors the next day for their 50th win. They hung together and scrapped together.
    HE is attempting to re-create a slice of New Orleans in Houston, with the camaraderie and the edge. Ariza was a fellow Hornet. Forward P.J. Tucker was a childhood foe. On the night in June when the Rockets acquired Paul from the Clippers for a grab bag that included guards Lou Williams and Patrick Beverley, general manager Daryl Morey FaceTimed his newest Hall of Fame ballhandler at 3 a.m. "What do you think about Luc," Morey asked. A free agent, Mbah a Moute could solidify Houston's wing defense, but he could also help Paul apply lessons learned in L.A. "This is our chance," Paul told Mbah a Moute, after hanging up with Morey, "to build what we've been talking about."

There would be pickup games at UCLA and Loyola Marymount, a bachelor party and a Caribbean retreat, a Kendrick Lamar concert and an Astros playoff game. "I didn't even get booed," Paul laughs, in contrast to his Dodger Stadium visits, surrounded by Lakers loyalists. The Rockets scheduled bowling nights, and on the road, college-football-watch parties. After Christmas, players took their wives to Boston, and for New Year's, Jada threw a bash, as the Hornets used to do. "You need the relationships if you want to be great," says Mbah a Moute, who signed with the Rockets in July. "Otherwise, somebody gets caught in the heat of the moment and says something someone else doesn't like. But if you go to dinner after, and talk it out, you can squash it." Paul and Griffin were productive coworkers, but the NBA is not Microsoft, and a lot of glittery partnerships have withered without a personal touch. "I'm not telling you every night in Houston we're sitting around a campfire," Paul says. "I'm just telling you the biggest thing I've learned in this league is the importance of communication."
    It really feels like this group has that going on right now and that is something pretty special to see. I definitely haven't gotten these sort of vibes from a team since that 08 squad, which makes me think there is no way Cousins is going anywhere, and no way Davis will be ok with the team abandoning him. For good or worse. But I think more and more for good. Because I think this camaraderie is going to drive Cousins and the team.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/24/ch...n-mike-dantoni

(glass breaking)

I've been watching the NBA pretty much my entire over 30 year life and this is the first time I realized the Clippers are named after boats.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    (glass breaking)

I've been watching the NBA pretty much my entire over 30 year life and this is the first time I realized the Clippers are named after boats.
    Jesus... Mind blown. I never realised that either
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    That camaraderie reminds me of the CP3 piece I read a while back that basically gets to the heart of that unquantified component of good teams that is rarely credited in basketball and that is that on and off-the-court relationship building:

It really feels like this group has that going on right now and that is something pretty special to see. I definitely haven't gotten these sort of vibes from a team since that 08 squad, which makes me think there is no way Cousins is going anywhere, and no way Davis will be ok with the team abandoning him. For good or worse. But I think more and more for good. Because I think this camaraderie is going to drive Cousins and the team.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/24/ch...n-mike-dantoni
    Excellent article! Thanks for the link. I really think Cousins will be fine, sure he might lose the ability to crossover and take guys off the dribble but his shot will still be there, in fact it might even improve if he has to rely on it more. In any case he is just such a large guy he should always be able to post up and score even if he loses some athleticism.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Excellent article! Thanks for the link. I really think Cousins will be fine, sure he might lose the ability to crossover and take guys off the dribble but his shot will still be there, in fact it might even improve if he has to rely on it more. In any case he is just such a large guy he should always be able to post up and score even if he loses some athleticism.
    Call me crazy, but I think he'll be able to get back to his full form. Obviously, there may be some growing pains by getting accustomed to game speed, but I think he'll be at full speed probably within a year of his recovery.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Forget what y'all taking about..... Nate Robinson is commentating the Rockets thunder game. When did this happen? ������

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    (glass breaking)

Los Angeles has two teams, one named after a body of water and one named after a watercraft used to navigate bodies of water. Seems fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Los Angeles has two teams, one named after a body of water and one named after a watercraft used to navigate bodies of water. Seems fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jesus... Mind blown. I never realised that either
    You sure it's not hair stylists ? And, now they are sponsored by Bumble, a female only dating app. (I guess they couldn't get Tampax) Bumble is more like what I hope they do tonight .
    Last edited by Shrimpnose; 03-06-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Yeah I'll even go a step further and say that there is a chance he recovers fully and two seasons from now you'd never know it happens. But if he does lose a step, lose some of that athleticism and explosiveness, well I think that just forces him into being a more efficient shooter given his role with AD, leaning more on his facilitation, low post game, and reducing that part of the game people get a little mad at which is his over-confident, head down dribble penetration that ends up in live ball turnovers several times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    You sure it's not hair stylists ?
    lmao

Thread Information