Pelicans Report

Thread: Diallo....

Diallo....

Can this guy build the confidence and production required to be the long term solution as big opposite boogie or AD? Can he play well for extended time because dude showed great promise against the clips. If he gets it together he could be the guy who out of nowhere who has a stud season. Happens every year... How amazing would that be for the team and especially Diallo.

Can this coaching staff quit jerking him around enough to let him grow? Diallo has shown that he can be a contributor (when given minuets), but he gets pulled just as quickly as he is given chances to prove himself.

In the end, let him play, and he will he just what you expected him to be.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    The kid showed he could play last year, I don't know why he had two DNP's in three games. Let the kid get some burn.

You have Boogie and AD putting up 38.5 and 37.5 mins a game, and people were worried about hiring Thibs because he would play AD too many minuets.

Give Diallo minuets.

Yeah Diallo need minutes. The game is not going to slow down for him on the bench

The Franchise
    I see Diallo's ceiling as Cunningham but better inside game. So he'll need more work to play the 3/4 because he's way to short and doesn't weigh near enough to be a center backup unless he's guarding draymond green.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You have Boogie and AD putting up 38.5 and 37.5 mins a game, and people were worried about hiring Thibs because he would play AD too many minuets.

Give Diallo minuets.

The problem is that right now the Pelicans have no margin for error, either game to game, or overall on the season. Every game is coming down to the wire, and they are in a battle along with about 8 other teams for 5 available playoff spots. There is no time to experiment and "develop" a guy. No garbage minutes to see his progress. Pretty much every minute one or the other of the towers haven't been on the floor this season has been a minute the Pels go backward and threaten defeat.

Just like Buddy, I really really like Diallo. I want to see him succeed in this team. He is a great young prospect. But he is one of our only assets and his prime will hit later than we need. I really want him to be a great Pel but my gut says he helps get us someone good and some dead weight shed.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Just like Buddy, I really really like Diallo. I want to see him succeed in this team. He is a great young prospect. But he is one of our only assets and his prime will hit later than we need. I really want him to be a great Pel but my gut says he helps get us someone good and some dead weight shed.
    Bingo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably don't want to get attached to him, like you said probably be used to shed Asik at the least

We would likely trade draft picks before Diallo

The Franchise
    I agree or at least hope that's what happens.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Diallo could become a solid player off the bench. Let’s give him minutes and see how he does. I think he could provide 6-10ppg and play smarter on both ends. If he shows he can be consistent then his value might go up before the trade deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Diallo could give you 10 minutes off the bench a game, stay out of foul trouble, and chip in something like 5 points, 5 boards and a block or two, it could certainly help ease the burden on Anthony & DeMarcus until we either get Ajinca back or sign a legit 3rd big...
    Last edited by new city champ; 11-13-2017 at 03:32 PM.

I have doubts if Diallo is appreciated besides this forum or maybe Dell

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Dude balled in the d league. If he can get over 10 min of quality time off the bench he would be huge. The better he plays the more time he should get.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Dude balled in the d league. If he can get over 10 min of quality time off the bench he would be huge. The better he plays the more time he should get.
    I know and I like him and I want him to succeed but I have doubts he has any trade value.

I know and I like him and I want him to succeed but I have doubts he has any trade value.
    Lol I wasn't thinking trade value, I was talking about roster value.

Probably not. Small market and hasn't proven anything outside of one game. The D-league, China, and Europe are littered with players that had similar potential.

However, if Diallo can put together 20-30 games like last night this season: Taking smart shots, including showing off his jumper and driving to the hoop, tenacious on the boards, setting good screens, not making too many dumb fouls, and showing steady improvement defensively, well, then you have yourself a nice trade asset teams will want come summer. Or at worse, one less spot you need to fill with limited cap space.

2 min vs ATL smh

We need someone to be a backup big. I hope either him and/or Cunningham help out with that.

They are basically already running Cunningham and sometimes Miller as the 4. Take for example last game where they ran AD, Miller, Clark, Holiday, and Nelson.

The problem isn't just a "big". We specifically need a backup center so we don't have to constantly have either AD or Cousins in the game at all times at that position.

Even if we could just get 10 minutes between the end of 1st and start of 2nd and end of 3rd and start of 4th that would be huge for giving Cousins and AD some much needed rest to close out games. As it stands now one or the other has to basically play the end 1st and 3rd because we have no other healthy centers on the team.

Thread Information