Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard to the Lakers.....Maybe tomorrow

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Somewhere in America Jerry Buss is smoking a cigar thinking about how he just F*($*# the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Why do the Lakers always get the best end of all trades?
    They take advantage of teams will little leverage.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Humor is reason gone mad Savagetaint's Avatar
    Houston deal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Multi-team deal

Orlando should've traded with Houston before the draft. They could've gotten Kyle Lowry, Kevin Martin, pick #12, #16, #18, & Donatas Motiejunas for Dwight Howard, Glen Davis, Chris Duhon, & Jason Richardson. Houston would've given up almost everything to land Dwight, but now Orlando gets picks that will be in the 20's, two young guys that might pan out, & two overpriced players on multi-year contracts. Oh, & they bid against themselves by resigning Jameer Nelson. Instead of creating immediate and future flexibility, Orlando will be stuck in the late lottery every year. I am glad I root for the Hornets.
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagetaint View Post
    Houston deal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Multi-team deal

Orlando should've traded with Houston before the draft. They could've gotten Kyle Lowry, Kevin Martin, pick #12, #16, #18, & Donatas Motiejunas for Dwight Howard, Glen Davis, Chris Duhon, & Jason Richardson. Houston would've given up almost everything to land Dwight, but now Orlando gets picks that will be in the 20's, two young guys that might pan out, & two overpriced players on multi-year contracts. Oh, & they bid against themselves by resigning Jameer Nelson. Instead of creating immediate and future flexibility, Orlando will be stuck in the late lottery every year. I am glad I root for the Hornets.
    Strong user name. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    They take advantage of teams will little leverage.
    Lets be clear, this is no ones fault but Orlando's. Orlando could have netted the Houston deal, Bynum, Brook Lopez, or a slew of other options but the management and ownerships for sat on their hands and risked taking a chance that they could sway him, and that risk netted them teams getting tired of waiting around and moved on. Dwight told them over a year about this, not that it's right, but they certainly took their time. They gave away their leverage.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

This could be the worst trade return for a superstar in the modern era. I have no idea what the Magic front office is doing, this isn't a tank team and this isn't a contending team either. This is by far the worst possible way they could have resolved the Dwight situation. Hell, keeping him for this year and letting him walk would probably have been a better route than this.

The thing that irks me most about this deal is that, it's not even a rebuilding package of any sort. Sure, ORL got WAY worst, and they can get a possible top 3 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft. Problem is, nobody on the 2013 NBA draft is a game changer. Plus, they still have lots of bad contracts and no youngsters to develop except for Harkless, O' Quinn and Nicholson. Those 4 picks will most certainly be outside of the lottery and the odds of anybody getting anything worthy out of the 20~30th pick in any draft are slim. So, why the hell did ORL do this?!

They would have been better served taking that CLE deal.

HOU deal was dead once Dan Fegan threatened to sign with DAL if HOU traded for him

The initial proposal had Gasol going to Orlando.

But now since LA somehow managed to keep Gasol and acquire Dwight, they clearly came away winners in this deal. Denver and Philly did quite well themselves acquiring proven players in their own right in Iggy and Bynum.

Orlando could not have done much worse. They will regret turning Houston and Brooklyn down. Instead, they received what will be three non-lottery first-rounders, while not being able to shed any of their significantly bad contracts.

LA is clearly the class of the West now. No doubt about it. Add another wing (Meeks) and cheap big man, and they'll be plenty deep enough to dominate. I don't know how Mitch always does it, but he does.

The only question left is who do you got winning it, Miami or LA?
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 08-10-2012 at 12:41 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Howard won't have much of a choice as all of his favorite spots are pretty much tied to contracts.
    Next year won't the nets be able to ship Lopez right?
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Quote Originally Posted by SdotPaul504 View Post
    They can trade him from January 15, 2013, onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    The initial proposal had Gasol going to Orlando.

But now since LA somehow managed to keep Gasol and acquire Dwight, they clearly came away winners in this deal. Denver and Philly did quite well themselves acquiring proven players in their own right in Iggy and Bynum.

Orlando could not have done much worse. They will regret turning Houston and Brooklyn down. Instead, they received what will be three non-lottery first-rounders, while not being able to shed any of their significantly bad contracts.

LA is clearly the class of the West now. No doubt about it. Add another wing (Meeks) and cheap big man, and they'll be plenty deep enough to dominate. I don't know how Mitch always does it, but he does.

The only question left is who do you got winning it, Miami or LA?
    I have the hornets winning it
    WCF-upset lakers in 7 NBA finals upset heat in 6
    a boy can dream can't he hahahahaah!
    WE THE BEST

Quote Originally Posted by HornetWHODAT3 View Post
    I have the hornets winning it
    WCF-upset lakers in 7 NBA finals upset heat in 6
    a boy can dream can't he hahahahaah!
    Stay off those drugs kids!

They can trade him from January 15, 2013, onwards.
    A year from now the nets will trade Lopez for good player or 2 & than sign Dwight Howard. That's pure cheese

What's your point? Getting rid of Lopez does nothing for Brooklyn in terms of attempting to landing Dwight.

A year from now the nets will trade Lopez for good player or 2 & than sign Dwight Howard. That's pure cheese
    That will be the question next offseason, won't it? Will Howard resign with LA? The problem with your proposition is if the Nets were to acquire anything for Brook, it would have to be for a bunch of expiring contracts. Otherwise, they wouldn't have enough cap space to sign Howard. Obviously, that would be a huge gamble for Brooklyn, and something I see as highly unlikely. Unless they were 100% certain Howard would bolt LA for them, I don't see the Nets making such a move (especially considering King's win now mentality). There may be other teams however that Howard will entertain joining. Personally, I see him resigning with the Lakers. But with a bird brain like his, you never know.

No they can't.

What's your point? Getting rid of Lopez does nothing for Brooklyn in terms of attempting to landing Dwight.
    I was saying that if they traded Lopez for other decent players & sign Howard in the offseason but as NOH2313 stated it would be too risky

No they can't.
    Does the contract restrict them from trading Lopez next offseason?

That will be the question next offseason, won't it? Will Howard resign with LA? The problem with your proposition is if the Nets were to acquire anything for Brook, it would have to be for a bunch of expiring contracts. Otherwise, they wouldn't have enough cap space to sign Howard. Obviously, that would be a huge gamble for Brooklyn, and something I see as highly unlikely. Unless they were 100% certain Howard would bolt LA for them, I don't see the Nets making such a move (especially considering King's win now mentality). There may be other teams however that Howard will entertain joining. Personally, I see him resigning with the Lakers. But with a bird brain like his, you never know.
    Sdot, I literally just addressed why that wouldn't work.....

They have too much money committed to Deron, JJ, Wallace, and Lopez (or good player) to take on an additional max contract.

I was saying that if they traded Lopez for other decent players & sign Howard in the offseason but as NOH2313 stated it would be too risky
    The Lakers aren't going to trade him mid way through the season. They know what they're getting themselves into and will not trade Howard during a championship run.

The Lakers aren't going to trade him mid way through the season. They know what they're getting themselves into and will not trade Howard during a championship run.
    No I was saying next offseason

Stay off those drugs kids!

lol sorry!!

Sdot, I literally just addressed why that wouldn't work.....

They have too much money committed to Deron, JJ, Wallace, and Lopez (or good player) to take on an additional max contract.
    I understand

No I was saying next offseason
    And why would the Lakers do a sign and trade with Brooklyn? They are in a much better position to force his hand to resign than to let him go where he wants for bad contracts or scrubs. Brooklyn can't sign Dwight outright even if they get rid of Lopez.

The only reason I see them doing this is to tank for the next 2 seasons. The players they can get this year will be pretty good, but if they have the first pick in the 2014 draft, they will be laughing all the way home. Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Julius Randle, Andrew and Aaron Harrison, Aaron Gordon, James Young, Kasey Hill, Wayne Selden, and Isaiah Hicks are some of the future stars they could grab. A lot of those guys are future all stars.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Thread Information